BBC radio stations #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder if Scott Mills has been filming celebrity race across the world or some other reality show for the bbc. Today he’s uploaded a video of him seeing his dog for the first time in six weeks so he seems to have been away somewhere.

Unrelated, Newsbeat is really annoying me with how babyish it’s reporting is. They were talking about David Cameron and instead of introducing him as Foreign Secretary they said something along the lines of the man in government who looks after the uks relations with other countries. I’m sure they did something similar with the chancellor as well, the man in charge of the nations finances rather than his job title
Yes I wondered this when I saw him seeing his dog, he looks really tanned also!

ETA more so than normal 😂
---
THIS!!! This is exactly how I feel too! I can't stand listening to any of it except as you say, Greg and Matt and Molly. Molly irritates me sometimes though too but I like how much fun they seem to have so prefer them together to when Matt is on on his own, yesterday's show Matt was on great form, he seemed almost giddy and was really funny
Yep same here - Greg, Matt and Mollie (just). Vick Hope is actually quite funny but I think she would be better with her own show.
I have to switch over the others - when Greg goes I’ll be done with R1 I think.
It’s telling that they have moved into putting “DJ’s” on in 2s or 3s, like they can’t cope with a show by themselves!

Reactions: 4
Yep same here - Greg, Matt and Mollie (just). Vick Hope is actually quite funny but I think she would be better with her own show.
I have to switch over the others - when Greg goes I’ll be done with R1 I think.
It’s telling that they have moved into putting “DJ’s” on in 2s or 3s, like they can’t cope with a show by themselves!
I’m 52 and love Matt & Mollie. I love their party anthems on a Friday and makes you want to go out but then you drop once the chart kicks in!

Agree about Vick - she was great with Jordan, good chemistry but she seems lost now with Katie and Jamie. Although this week has been better without Jamie. If he hadn’t have filled in for Mollie’s maternity leave he wouldn’t be where he is today.

Reactions: 2
I wonder if Scott Mills has been filming celebrity race across the world or some other reality show for the bbc. Today he’s uploaded a video of him seeing his dog for the first time in six weeks so he seems to have been away somewhere.
Well guessed! In papers it says he and his boyfriend are in Celeb Race Across the World.

Reactions: 4
Well guessed! In papers it says he and his boyfriend are in Celeb Race Across the World.
Weird that he didn't mention this was why he was off, usually they really ham it up when someone's doing something else on the BBC because its basically free advertising for them if he's constantly mentioning that's where he's going on the (radio) show

Weird that he didn't mention this was why he was off, usually they really ham it up when someone's doing something else on the BBC because its basically free advertising for them if he's constantly mentioning that's where he's going on the (radio) show
I’m sure that will come 😉

they absolutely have. i’ve been going to work early the past few saturdays and have been subjected to sam and danny - who spend most of their time wondering what certain buttons do, talking over the end of songs and not seeming to know anything about music when they do a music based quiz 🤣 jamie laing is also just all wrong for radio. he worked with matt edmonson just about but it’s like he’s an annoying kid that vick and katie are having to babysit.

it needs a huge cull. the quality there rn is godawful.
Oh GOD, I also had the displeasure of listening to Sam and Danny on my way to work last weekend! I thought I’d accidentally tuned into a local student radio station. They were playing that game where the listener has to veto a song and when they got stuck with Ironic by Alanis Morissette, Sam was saying it was cringe? Then afterwards admitted she didn’t even know what song it was so thought it was a cheesy one? How can you not know that song and be a radio DJ?! 🫠

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Oh GOD, I also had the displeasure of listening to Sam and Danny on my way to work last weekend! I thought I’d accidentally tuned into a local student radio station. They were playing that game where the listener has to veto a song and when they got stuck with Ironic by Alanis Morissette, Sam was saying it was cringe? Then afterwards admitted she didn’t even know what song it was so thought it was a cheesy one? How can you not know that song and be a radio DJ?! 🫠
that is EXACTLY the game i’m talking about! how can you not know ironic?!? they’re so constantly surprised by whatever song comes up, as if they have literally never heard music before. they had lcd soundsystem come up the other week who, yes, are fairly niche but they spent ages saying “who’s that? is that a real band? it doesn’t sound real” - i mean, if the point of the game is that you’re picking songs from the playlist then yes, i think they’re a real band.

still convinced they’re not real djs and are actually someone’s kids who keep breaking into the studio tbh. but i could say that about 80% of the current radio 1 lineup 🤣
---
I’m 52 and love Matt & Mollie. I love their party anthems on a Friday and makes you want to go out but then you drop once the chart kicks in!

Agree about Vick - she was great with Jordan, good chemistry but she seems lost now with Katie and Jamie. Although this week has been better without Jamie. If he hadn’t have filled in for Mollie’s maternity leave he wouldn’t be where he is today.
i love matt and mollie because you can tell they’re genuine friends (and matt was so lovely when she was doing her bike ride). they’re just fun to listen to
as a pairing.

vick is good with katie, but both she and katie seem lost with jamie tbh. he just seems completely lost on the radio and can’t sustain any chain of thought long enough to contribute to a conversation.

Reactions: 5
vick is good with katie, but both she and katie seem lost with jamie tbh. he just seems completely lost on the radio and can’t sustain any chain of thought long enough to contribute to a conversation.
Thing is this was SO evident when he was on with Matt when Mollie was on mat leave. He was terrible so I just assumed they realised that and wouldn’t bring him back. He didn’t get half of Matt’s jokes, was talking over him and always a few seconds behind everyone else.

Just listening to Jonny Walker on BBC Radio 2 and he sounded close to tears reading out one dedication. Haven’t listened to him for a while and sadly he does sound more frail than I remember 😢
---
Now they’re playing a pre-record with Lulu from 2010

Last edited:
  • Sad
Why has Gary Crowley only an hour slot? Maybe less of Robert " I live in the barbican" elms.. so sick of him ..always butting in and top trumping everyone 😴

I don’t think Vernon and Jeremy get on 💀 A few of their handovers I’ve listened to have sounded so awkward

Tony Blackburn said he was in the supermarket & dropped a bag of Flour, a lady passing offered to help pick it up, but Tony said.....don't worry....it's Self-Raising...... 😬

• Haha
Radio 2 had some tech issues around 5pm. It kept cutting in and out and when it came back it seemed to cut to the emergency feed of just songs. After a few minutes it cut off a song midway and went to the news late.

I kinda like when things go wrong and you can tell.

• Haha
I rarely listen to R2 in the morning, so have no idea how she compares to the frantic Zoe Ball, but caught Gaby Roslin this morning and was not impressed. She talks about herself constantly. I know most DJs do tbh but she seems really grating for some reason.

Tony B was meeting up with a dear old friend.....who turned up wearing a Baseball cap, a Football shirt, Golf trousers & Tennis shoes.......
'What's your game then?' said Tony
😬

Reactions: 1
Made the switch to Radio X breakfast show with Chris Moyles (used to love him on R1 on my commute to college). I can’t listen to Gaby Roslin anymore!

Reactions: 1
Just listening to Radio 1 - Jamie is hardly ever on?! Not necessarily a bad thing but he doesn’t “do” Thursdays anyway and has been off for weeks touring his podcast. I wonder how that was agreed, surely the first few months are the most important so they gel with each other and the audience?