Bad In-Laws Stories.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not my MiL, bit someone's I know. She got widowed like 8 years ago, still behaves like a snowflake. Always crying, making excuses to not leave her alone. She wants her son to carry her everywhere he and his wife goes. So she is always that +1 in movie dates, dinners and even long drives. Absolutely zero privacy. It was almost ending up in a divorce but the husband got chance and they shifted to other country. The MiL is too prick to visit them, and wants son to pick her up from homeland and fly to the new home.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Nooo, why do they do these things! 😭 Its just dangerous and stupid. They are the types to say, well we did it when we were young and we still lived to tell the tale!
Ha this would be me! I let my kids play with things that at that age... Hammer and nails with a but if wood... all supervised mind! They loved it but understand why you'd be worried!

Reactions: 1
When I had my child, my fil had been very ill for few days with the shits and had been right up until that morning I gave birth. I told both my mil and fil that he could see their grandchild until after 48 hours since the last time he was ill and they went f**king crazy telling me I was a horrible dil and they can’t keep him from seeing his grandchild, the midwife backed me up and sent him on his way and mil was allowed to meet grand baby.
Also another little snip into the shots how birth, my husband fucked of home cause I was taking to long and he was tired, and was told I was 8cm Dialated and would be gibbing birth soon, he still fucked off, when the time came to start pushing both my mum and me were on the phone calling him to come back, he walked in the room to see being stitched him and screaming as the nurses resuscitated our son, and I’m the horrible one, they have completely changed towards me since birthing there grandchild, which I suppose I’m just the birthing cow!

• Wow
Reactions: 5
When I had my child, my fil had been very ill for few days with the shits and had been right up until that morning I gave birth. I told both my mil and fil that he could see their grandchild until after 48 hours since the last time he was ill and they went f**king crazy telling me I was a horrible dil and they can’t keep him from seeing his grandchild, the midwife backed me up and sent him on his way and mil was allowed to meet grand baby.
Also another little snip into the shots how birth, my husband fucked of home cause I was taking to long and he was tired, and was told I was 8cm Dialated and would be gibbing birth soon, he still fucked off, when the time came to start pushing both my mum and me were on the phone calling him to come back, he walked in the room to see being stitched him and screaming as the nurses resuscitated our son, and I’m the horrible one, they have completely changed towards me since birthing there grandchild, which I suppose I’m just the birthing cow!
How is he still your husband after that?!? Maybe he has loads of amazing qualities but that story is 😯

Reactions: 9
How is he still your husband after that?!? Maybe he has loads of amazing qualities but that story is 😯
I know, and he gets upset that I bring it up. That was over 2 years ago now, and it still hurts me, I had terrible sickness throughout my pregnancy sending me to hospital on more than 1 occasion. mil and fil just compared me to their wonderful princess daughter and couldn’t understand why I couldn’t come round for dinner or go on a babymoon. My husband does have some wonderful qualities, and has really stepped up now, but I’m still hurt and maybe I do have abit of ptsd from the whole experience, the whole thing still makes
Me cry. Oh yeah and he sent my mother home cause I didn’t need the help as he could help me, I needed her as I was weak from months of not eating and being sick, 24/7, I also ripped badly and I needed my mum, and he sent her away.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I know, and he gets upset that I bring it up. That was over 2 years ago now, and it still hurts me, I had terrible sickness throughout my pregnancy sending me to hospital on more than 1 occasion. mil and fil just compared me to their wonderful princess daughter and couldn’t understand why I couldn’t come round for dinner or go on a babymoon. My husband does have some wonderful qualities, and has really stepped up now, but I’m still hurt and maybe I do have abit of ptsd from the whole experience, the whole thing still makes
Me cry. Oh yeah and he sent my mother home cause I didn’t need the help as he could help me, I needed her as I was weak from months of not eating and being sick, 24/7, I also ripped badly and I needed my mum, and he sent her away.
That sounds tough. I'm glad he's there for you now. Hope your in laws grow to be less selfish arses. ❤

Reactions: 2
That sounds tough. I'm glad he's there for you now. Hope your in laws grow to be less selfish arses. ❤
I afraid not, they have been wanting me to brake lockdown rules and see their grand child since 3 was into lockdown and I’m being selfish cause everyone else on the village have seen theirs and have been just nasty about it, also their princess daughter has been going round everyday with her children cause she is a lazy duck who only had the kids for that status!

they moan if we don’t spend enough on them at Christmas and tell us how much to spend on the daughters kids at Christmas and then we just given crap from the pound shop from her daughter. I just get given theshit from the back of her wardrobe.

one year I asked for a bag from my husband and only that as we didn’t have much money that year, and he asked his sister to pick it up for himas she’s alwaysout shopping, so she knew what I was getting. So fast forward to Xmas day and she walks with a new very expensive mulberry handbag and new designer shoes, and everyone was admiring at how lucky she was and then came the long list of all the things she got. I had to get up and leave the room as she knew how hard my husband had to save to get me that bag and that that would be the only gift I got that year, I knew from that moment, thetat she is a selfish c**t

Am I wrong in thinking when you have children, u stop getting gifts from your siblings with children and just buy for the kids! Cause spending £40 on each kids and £100 on their mother is crazy?

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
I have an ex mother in law from HELL.

She was old, in her 70s as my ex husband was quite a bit older than me. Their relationship was very Norman Batesy. She used him as a "surrogate husband". She even wore a white dress to our wedding.

I named our son after my mother who had months to live. She was OUTRAGED. She turnt up uninvited within 10 minutes of me giving birth she bounced in crying her eyes out begging me to call my son anything but "Nicky" as in her opinion "it looks silly on forms"... no, it was solely because he was named after my late mother.

I should have known because the moment I was only introduced to her when I found out I was pregnant, she wanted to take me shopping. She crossed her fingers, told me her and her son are "like that" and no one can come between them. I found that rather bizarre.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I always thought I got on with my MIL until she took my son on holiday along with his cousins & my BIL, my son doesn’t sugar coat anything & certainly doesn’t lie, apparently my darling MIL told my son that my eldest child basically bought their younger brother up?! My daughter was 13 when my youngest was born, she was like a mother hen, she would keep an eye on him when I made tea or I needed to go to the corner shop or go the toilet but no way did I make her stay in to look after him it was her choice completely! I hadn’t been out with friends for roughly 7 yrs at this point & the ironic thing is she never even bothers with our kids normally, she treated her kids like tit shagging around & leaving them to their own devices! We don’t speak anymore & that suits me! My SIL is a story for another day!

• Wow
Reactions: 3
My ex MiL disliked me from the off. One of the first things she asked of me was what could I steal from work that would be of use to them. They were a large family so if we were having them around for a meal I would ask who is also coming or how many should I be cooking for. She once told me it would just be her and the FiL but turned up with 6 random children who lived on her street to give them a treat. They stole items from the house which she found amusing and one of them crapped in our bed probably on her instructions. She was always singing the praises of a girl she worked with on how she would have made my ex a better wife than me. She would get my ex around and that girl would be there too and an affair began. When I threw him out the ex MiL said I was never going to keep him as I was punching above my weight and she was more suited to him.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
My in-laws moved from overseas to a flat 72 paces from our front door. We moved. I was wearing a top after I’d just had my third baby and I said “oh no this too makes me look fat” and MIL said “it’s not the top.........”

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Haha
I had been married to my husband for 5 years when he diagnosed himself with depression. I worked 13 hours a day just to keep our head above water and pay bills.
Hubby then gets a job working nights and unbeknown to me, he had an affair which I did later found out about. My MIL was about to call us like she does daily and I asked her what she thought of her son and his antics. Couldnt believe when my MIL said she didn't blame her son for having an affair as I was hardly home. I was trying to say to her I had to work long hours as else we couldn't afford our bills. Hubby wasn't working many hours so extra income was needed.
In the end I told her to f*** off, 11 years later and yes im still married to same person - last chance and he's out, and MIL passed away 6 years ago.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
  • Sad
I had been married to my husband for 5 years when he diagnosed himself with depression. I worked 13 hours a day just to keep our head above water and pay bills.
Hubby then gets a job working nights and unbeknown to me, he had an affair which I did later found out about. My MIL was about to call us like she does daily and I asked her what she thought of her son and his antics. Couldnt believe when my MIL said she didn't blame her son for having an affair as I was hardly home. I was trying to say to her I had to work long hours as else we couldn't afford our bills. Hubby wasn't working many hours so extra income was needed.
In the end I told her to f*** off, 11 years later and yes im still married to same person - last chance and he's out, and MIL passed away 6 years ago.
I have suffered year and years with depression and the beginning on the year had a mental break and tried to take my own life. Mil and fil just told me I’m being selfish and I needed other pills, I’ve just found out they are paying for sil to see a counsellor cause she is struggling with the children she choose to have and one of her kids has been diagnosed with a development delay, they have given me zero help and look at me like I’m dog tit since my breakdown and didn’t once help my husband with help to support me and our young son! Or offer to help pay for counsellor , I have to wait for an nhs one. She wouldnt know hardship if it hit her in the face!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
I have suffered year and years with depression and the beginning on the year had a mental break and tried to take my own life. Mil and fil just told me I’m being selfish and I needed other pills, I’ve just found out they are paying for sil to see a counsellor cause she is struggling with the children she choose to have and one of her kids has been diagnosed with a development delay, they have given me zero help and look at me like I’m dog tit since my breakdown and didn’t once help my husband with help to support me and our young son! She would know hardship if it hit her in the face!
I hope you are doing ok? You dont need them 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I hope you are doing ok? You dont need them 💕
I have struggled and still do, I have struggled in lockdown but I’m struggling even harder with the thought of coming out of lockdown and it doesn’t help them ringing everyday about when are they seeing their grandchild again. I have caved and said they can see him on Father’s Day (my father died a few years ago) on the agreement that they wouldn’t be seeing anyone else for a few days beforehand and their daughter was seeing the other grandparents, but after saying we will see them on Sunday they tell us to come in the afternoon cause they are seeing daughter and kids in the morning!!!

they also tell me not to do abc’s and numbers with my kids cause daughters kid can’t do it! It’s not my fault my son loves learning and comes and asks me to join in with abc’s and numbers

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I have struggled and still do, I have struggled in lockdown but I’m struggling even harder with the thought of coming out of lockdown and it doesn’t help them ringing everyday about when are they seeing their grandchild again. I have caved and said they can see him on Father’s Day (my father died a few years ago) on the agreement that they wouldn’t be seeing anyone else for a few days beforehand and their daughter was seeing the other grandparents, but other after saying we will see them on Sunday they tell us to come in the afternoon cause they are seeing daughter and kids in the morning!!!

they also tell me not to do abc’s and numbers with my kids cause daughters kid can’t do it! It’s not my fault my son loves learning and comes and asks me to join in with abc’s and numbers
It sounds like you really need to create some boundaries. Starting with them calling every day that must be exhausting!

Reactions: 4
I always thought I got on with my MIL until she took my son on holiday along with his cousins & my BIL, my son doesn’t sugar coat anything & certainly doesn’t lie, apparently my darling MIL told my son that my eldest child basically bought their younger brother up?! My daughter was 13 when my youngest was born, she was like a mother hen, she would keep an eye on him when I made tea or I needed to go to the corner shop or go the toilet but no way did I make her stay in to look after him it was her choice completely! I hadn’t been out with friends for roughly 7 yrs at this point & the ironic thing is she never even bothers with our kids normally, she treated her kids like tit shagging around & leaving them to their own devices! We don’t speak anymore & that suits me! My SIL is a story for another day!
Come on, share! 😝 I have a really awful one ... safety in numbers ...

It sounds like you really need to create some boundaries. Starting with them calling every day that must be exhausting!
It has been very exhausting, mentally and physically. I haven’t had a proper nights sleep in weeks, I’m on edge daily, and I’m making myself physically sick with the stress, and that why I have caved, cause my mental health can’t take it any longer, I think I’m the only person that has lost weight in lockdown! But again, there is a magic pill out there that makes it all better 🤦🏻‍♀️ Right? (According to mil and fil)

Last edited:
  • Heart
As a mum of two boys, I swear I will not be the awful MIL like these stories 🙈

Reactions: 8
It has been very exhausting, mentally and physically. I haven’t had a proper nights sleep in weeks, I’m on edge daily, and I’m making myself physically sick with the stress, and that why I have caved, cause my mental health can’t take it any longer, I think I’m the only person that has lost weight in lockdown! But again, there is a magic pill out there that makes it all better 🤦🏻‍♀️ Right? (According to mil and fil)
Do you think your MIL and FIL are the root of your mental health problems?