Bad In-Laws Stories.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m so sorry for your loss ❤ She sounds like a horrid person who doesn’t deserve you xx
I’m so sorry for your loss. Despicable behaviour from your MIL 😔 xx
Thats terrible, some people just have an empathy bypass and have never learned basic manners and kindness.I'd have no further contact with her ever again.
I’m so sorry for your loss. Despicable behaviour from your MIL 😔 xx
Thank you all for your beautiful words and understanding it means the world to me
❤❤❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I don’t get on with my in laws at all, MIL caused me so much aggro over my wedding to the point I actually cancelled it once. She ruined it. FIL phoned my husband moaning at him for not visiting and going to see them two days after I got home from having a c section with our second child. They are so demanding and if they ever help you out, they remind you about it constantly. I keep my distance completely now.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
My sister in law has just announced that she’s cutting off anyone who doesn’t visit her kids or regularly ask how they are doing or make an effort with them, as she’s going to treat people how they treat her kids!

We’ve been through a global pandemic which we’ve been busy working through (whilst she hasn’t worked for 5+ years!), myself and my boyfriend (her brother) live 200 miles away from her! God forbid we have other more pressing things going on in our life that we can’t ask how her kids are doing 24/7 🤦🏻‍♀️ It’s not like she ever makes an effort to ask how we are doing! I swear some people think the whole world revolves around their children!!

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 13
My sister in law has just announced that she’s cutting off anyone who doesn’t visit her kids or regularly ask how they are doing or make an effort with them, as she’s going to treat people how they treat her kids!

We’ve been through a global pandemic which we’ve been busy working through (whilst she hasn’t worked for 5+ years!), myself and my boyfriend (her brother) live 200 miles away from her! God forbid we have other more pressing things going on in our life that we can’t ask how her kids are doing 24/7 🤦🏻‍♀️ It’s not like she ever makes an effort to ask how we are doing! I swear some people think the whole world revolves around their children!!
Bless you x I've got one in our family who is a complete narcissist and exactly the same. She expects everybody else's life to revolve around her son and everyone is expected to constantly blow smoke up her arse. She never gives anything back, never visits anyone else, never thanks anyone for anything she's given, just expects to be bumlicked all the time. I'm having nothing to do with it, to be honest my life has been so stress free since I cut myself off from it all. Just let her get on with it x

Wow it blows my mind that some people are actually like this 🤯 what the hell is wrong with people!

I’m so lucky that my boyfriend’s parents like me and they are really helpful and supportive. I take things really personally so I can’t imagine having in laws like the ones on this thread, it would break me! So sorry for all of you ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Bless you x I've got one in our family who is a complete narcissist and exactly the same. She expects everybody else's life to revolve around her son and everyone is expected to constantly blow smoke up her arse. She never gives anything back, never visits anyone else, never thanks anyone for anything she's given, just expects to be bumlicked all the time. I'm having nothing to do with it, to be honest my life has been so stress free since I cut myself off from it all. Just let her get on with it x
It’s just ridiculous isn’t it. They drove up 4 hours to our home town a few weeks ago to visit my partners brother and his family. No one bothered to tell us they were in town even though we were only a 10 minute drive down the road. When we confronted her and told her we thought it was a bit rude, she said “not everything is about you” 😂🙈 The irony...

• Haha
When my husband proposed he called his mum to let her know and her exacts words were "what made you do that?"

Always knew she didn't like me but that confirmed it

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 5

as others have said, she is clearly a narcissist and is just doing this for attention. If you haven't already, don't reply ignore it. Doesn;t sound like you will be missing anything if you don't see her

Reactions: 1
When my husband proposed he called his mum to let her know and her exacts words were "what made you do that?"

Always knew she didn't like me but that confirmed it

I got quite the opposite. He told his parents he was going to propose, had the ring ready. And his mum said ‘what if she says no?’ 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 5