Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
My Fil once sent me a text (completely out of the blue) saying how he loved it when I walked around the house in bare feet and that I had a sexy bum :sick:

• Wow
  • Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 69

ScrambledEggs

VIP Member
Went to meet an X boyfriends mum for the 1st time . We had a roast dinner....after it was finished she picked up her plate and licked it clean . I kid you not . I was mortified.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 61

Paxobeans

Chatty Member
My FIL constantly bashes his other (ex) daughter in law for not breastfeeding, says it’s the reason the kid always has colds etc... I breastfeed my 7 month old and he’s constantly asking when I’m ‘taking him off draught’ 😷
Not your tits, not your concern 🙃😂😂

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 56

elloelloello

VIP Member
I'd love to join in but honestly I find MIL SO scary I'd be afraid she'd see the post track me down and injure me in my sleep.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 54

Twinkle485

Mine told me I should of aborted my son whilst I was pregnant. Her words were literally “if you’d had an abortion he wouldn’t be tied down” 😳
Needless to say I avoid her at all costs.
She’s homeless now and I have never grinned so hard.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 49

lemonelmo

VIP Member
My partners parents passed away before we met but his sister is a nightmare.

I had quite a major breakdown which led to a sectioning or two, I'm also a very private person so it was on a strict need to know basis. She got bitter and posted about it on Facebook for all to see, all the nitty gritty details.

• Angry
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 42

Hazology

Chatty Member
My mil planted men's clothes in my bedroom and while I was working a night shift my husband found the hoody and accused me of cheating,
Ironically this was 2 months after I found out he had been cheating.
And no, I didn't cheat😔

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 38

TJ90

VIP Member
My brother in law is literally the devil. Makes himself vomit when he doesn’t get attention. (He’s in his 30’s and is a pathetic human) also threw our wedding cake on the floor the night before the wedding

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 34
Luckily we don’t see the toxic arseholes anymore but the ones that stick in my mind the most are when I was pregnant, we found out really early, and already had 2 bleeds. So I was terrified of having a miscarriage. After we had told them I was pregnant & they had done the whole congratulations crap, she turned around to me and said ‘be careful you don’t have a miscarriage’ 🙄

The whole way through my pregnancy she enjoyed telling me horror stories, one was about a baby being born with no head!
She constantly told me what I should be doing as a parent, told me to keep my one month old baby awake in the day so she would sleep more at night.. yes I’m sure that’s how that works 🙄

Also when I had given birth which ended in an emergency c section, I had my first lovely shower, got out and all fresh! Feeling good about myself, she goes and taps my partner on his shoulder, looks at my stomach & tells him to go and ask the doctor if he has left a baby in stomach 🙄

She’s an awful woman, told my partner that she wished he had never been born. Constantly would pull him down, he was utterly miserable! He cut ties with her nearly 2 years ago now & we are all so so much happier!

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 33

CrazyGiraffeLady

VIP Member
My mil doesn’t have anything to do with us, refuses to acknowledge our baby together. Didn’t want to know anything about the pregnancy at all but she idolises her daughters kids 🤨. All because my husband stopped running round for her when we got married. The miserable bitch was fuming all day on my wedding day and left early without a word spoken to me or her son! The day she dies will be the day I have a party

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 32

SunshineDreamer

Chatty Member
The first time I met my mother in law she told me I wasn’t good enough for her son! She comes from a quite traditional Indian background, and even though that’s not how much husband was raised she wasn’t happy at him dating a white girl....even though she married a white man!

Even now, 3 grandchildren later, we’re not on great terms. She likes to belittle me and take over with my children - luckily we don’t see her that often!

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 31

GeordieLass

My FIL constantly bashes his other (ex) daughter in law for not breastfeeding, says it’s the reason the kid always has colds etc... I breastfeed my 7 month old and he’s constantly asking when I’m ‘taking him off draught’ 😷
Not your tits, not your concern 🙃😂😂
no uterus - no opinion ! 😄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31

Elsass

Chatty Member
My sister in law (well, brother-in-laws soon to be wife) is an absolute nightmare. The most frustrating example... she always HAS to do the cooking, recently turned up to a family event I was hosting with a huge amount of food I’d expressly asked her not to bring. Because I have a nut allergy and she refuses to cook in anything but peanut oil 🙃 the most recent thing she cooked for us? Pesto pasta. I had bread and butter for dinner. The worst bit is she always gets offended, I’ve told her at least 30 times over the last 7 years that I can’t have nuts. My mother in law always says I’m just being “miserable”.

Phew, that was a rant to get off my chest 🙈

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 30

xoxo GG

VIP Member
God where do I start with my MIL. Self centred, manipulative, rude and overbearing. She told me after our first daughter was stillborn that we shouldn’t think about another until I’d found out what I’d ‘done to cause it.’ Told us she was disappointed when I fell pregnant again because I’d been selfish enough to risk putting HER through all the pain and heartache again. She still controls my partner, complains he doesn’t call enough then huffs and puffs when he does.
Never comes to visit us and our little one, we always have to go to her, then she complains she doesn’t see her enough. Was there constantly after my little girl was born, our first night home with her and she told FIL to fetch the car seat as she was taking her with her to let us get some rest and to feed her properly because I was failing at breastfeeding her. Rearranged LOs whole bedroom because she ‘didn’t like how I’d done things.’
She loves to tell my partner that the only reason me and her don’t get along is because I’m trying to push them apart. Constantly throws tantrums alike to a toddler when she doesn’t get her way. Complains when we don’t get her birthday/Mother’s Day off work because we ‘don’t appreciate her any other day of the year.’
Complains about how much my parents see our little girl (they’ve always offered to be childcare when I went back to work) but told us she’s done raising kids now so we should never ask her to babysit.

This lockdown has been bliss being able to distance ourselves from them. How I wish it could last 🥰

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 29

Kiwigirl

VIP Member
My MIL has never liked me, and wouldn’t acknowledge her grandchild hardly when she was born. One day our daycare let us down and we were forced to give her a call at the last minute ( before mobile phones came) to see if she could take her for the day. She very reluctantly said yes...so my husband set off in the car and drove for an hour to her place. I was just about to set off for work, when she rang me and asked if hubby had set off yet? I said yes why? She said oh her other son (Golden Balls) had just rang to say could she come into his shop and work for him today - someone had rang in sick,
I said sorry it’s too late hubby is on his way with the baby.......
She huffed a bit and rang off....
Later that evening when he collected the baby and came home I told him the tale.....he was furious, he said if he had known he would have turned straight round and come home...
That evening we rang his brother about something else, and mentioned him asking his mum to come to work for him that day....he said he. NEVER called her!!! And no one at his shop rang in sick that day.....grrrrrr......I was fuming, His mother lied to try to get out out of looking after her......
Total bitch.....I’ll never forget that😥

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 26

Guacamole123

Chatty Member
i love my in-laws but I’m having to start drawing the line with them as they keep trying to invite themselves on every holiday we take🤕. We’re planning on emigrating later this year and haven’t told them yet in fear that they’ll try and stop us going or invite themselves along too😂

• Haha
Reactions: 25

Kutikuti

Where do I begin?? She tried to wear a white “mother of the groom” outfit and when we told her that was bad taste, she decided to wear a dress on the exact same colour of my bridesmaids (she knew what the dresses looked like). She cried pretty much the entire ceremony because “I’m losing my baby” (lady, he was 28!). The night before the wedding she called my husband to try to convince him to call off the wedding. She sulked and left the party after my husband refused to have a slow dance with her after our first dance. She said the food at the wedding was too posh and refused to eat it. This is just the wedding day. I have 10 years worth of stories. After her latest shenanigans at Christmas (she feed my dairy allergic child some chocolate “because is Christmas” and we ended up with an a&e trip on Boxing Day) she’s on time out indefinitely (she hasn’t apologised yet!)

• Wow
Reactions: 24

Kbird

VIP Member
The problem I have is my FiL treating my son and daughter differently. When daughter passed driving test & went to uni he gave her some money to help out. When son reached these milestones he got nothing. Obvious difference in cost of birthday and Christmas presents in fact this year son got nothing.
I feel so hurt for my son but he just shrugs it off but I know it must hurt him. I know its only money but I just don't get why he does it. I've not said anything to prevent an argument but I dont have much to do with him as I feel so bitter.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 24

Lynseyp

VIP Member
10 years ago my husband had depression and i was out working 2 jobs leaving home at 8am and not coming home til 10pm during the week and also had a weekend job too. I did this to purely earn money to keep our heads above water, because of the long hours i was out working i hardly saw my husband and as a result of this he had an affair which i found out about. My mother in law phoned the day the affair was discovered. I asked my MIL how she felt in the hope she would bollock her son and she replied that she couldn't blame him for having an affair as i was hardly home.
I was furious and told her that as her son wasn't working i had to juggle 3 jobs, it wasn't as if i was gambling money away. In the end i told her to f***off and leave me alone.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
My ML in told me I was broody 9 days after my son passed away. She also blames me for him dying he was stillborn. At his funeral she had it all about her and how she lost her 1st grandchild

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 23