Backofthewardrobe

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t like to criticise people’s bodies etc but, Christ, why world you upload a photo when your face is like a slapped arse.

View attachment 615489
Because CoNtEnT can’t be wasted.

I think I’m about to unfollow. She was all about high street clothes mixed back with what she already owned when I first started following her.

Then she hit that 10k followers and it has been SWIPE UP BABY ever since. 10k is the magic number that ruins previously nice accounts.

Reactions: 6
She confuses me - When did she get so rich? At one point her husband was being made redundant now they are redoing the house & she is constantly treating herself shopping. Also wasn’t he having treatment for skin cancer a couple of months back so how are they always in the sun on paddle boards, in hot tub or on holiday?

Affiliate links. It’s a lucrative business and a day doesn’t pass that she doesn’t link at least twenty items.

I’ve been skipping her stories because all it is is a selling account now. Incredibly boring and the teal sofa is hideous. Probably time to unfollow.

Reactions: 4
I thought she was a teaching assistant rather than a teacher. Seem to remember reading that somewhere. Either way, her grammar is terrible.

I think she’s a supply teacher, but also picks up the odd day of teaching assistance work.

Don’t mention her spelling and grammar or she’ll go on another rant. 🙄

Reactions: 1
It looks like Instagram is removing SWIPE UP. If this is the end of affiliate links it will be a problem for greedy Melissa as I don’t think she has a blog to direct followers to to get those all important affiliate cookies on their device and make a ‘small commission’. 🤥

Instagram gets rid of swipe up

FAD4F084-0D51-4CC1-BAF7-6BBC2A4CE4B1.jpeg

So many of these insta beggars will stop bothering I think. The cash cow is evolving

Sadly I don't think it will make any difference. They are just going to let people put a sticker on their Story instead of a swipe up. It will still push you through the influencers own monetised affiliate link, but it'll just be a sticker they can place anywhere on the Story instead of a swipe up that is only ever at the bottom.

Reactions: 1
Will they be affiliate links though? If even people with under 10k can add the stickers?

Caralyn Mirand has a story with the new stickers (it’s about to expire but this influencer obviously has access to them).

There’s no affiliate link as you are directed straight to the retailer. On Twitter they are saying Instagram wants to get rid of the middle man or be the middle man.

This will be an interesting roll out!

Reactions: 2
That's interesting, I just looked at Caralyns and she has a 'tap to shop' sticker rather than a swipe. My guess though is that if you tap it will go to the website via her unique affiliate link meaning she gets paid if you buy? Or are Insta going to stop that being possible? It's definitely interesting!

I never swipe anything - on the rare occasion I see someone promoting something I'm interested in I always Google and find it myself rather than line an influencers pockets!

That's interesting, I just looked at Caralyns and she has a 'tap to shop' sticker rather than a swipe. My guess though is that if you tap it will go to the website via her unique affiliate link meaning she gets paid if you buy? Or are Insta going to stop that being possible? It's definitely interesting!

I never swipe anything - on the rare occasion I see someone promoting something I'm interested in I always Google and find it myself rather than line an influencers pockets!
same haha x