Backofthewardrobe

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How do these women go about getting these freebies? Is it dependent on followers etc, who approaches who?

How do these women go about getting these freebies? Is it dependent on followers etc, who approaches who?
It’s not the brand directly that approach people, it’s social Media marketing agencies employed by the Brand. All they look at is follower numbers and engagement all of which can be bought by ‘influencers’ and usually is! It’s a load of crap, if I personally owned a fashion brand the last people I’d want in my clothes is the likes of WKDN and BOFTW, 40NF and all the usual over 40/50 mob who clearly do not have a clue about fashion,style and how to put an outfit together!

Reactions: 4
Well WKDN will literally advertise anything.
When does she have time to do her marking?😊

Reactions: 1
A new outfit every day, I actually really like a lot of the clothes WKDN wears but they are all literally given to her.
I used to love her account but she has changed in the last year, add after add after add. I thought they had Insta because they loved clothes but it’s all about stuff and greed.

Reactions: 3
Not particularly pertaining to Wardrobe Lady WKDN et al, but over the last three daysI have watched an Instagramer blatantly tout for business from three well known stores. This has involved displaying stuff bought from the stores, some of it home , baby , cosmetics/ toiletries , clothing. Videos of shelves full of homeware in B&M, unveiling of baby clothes from Next and Boots, etc. This is a new mum who has a home account of a lovely but modest semi, which is now undergoing a largish extension. Will await links etc for new kitchen equipment to go with all the baby equipment already gifted.
Seriously, I would not have the gall to be so pushy. It’s just glorified begging!!

That red trouser suit from jigsaw is not a good look. The blazer hits her thigh at the wrong length and accentuates her pear shape. Unless that is the look she is going for??! 🧐

Just greed ... the free clothes don’t suit her. Her style is now all over the place, because she seems to be unable to refuse a paid collaboration or the freebies.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Is lying to followers worth reporting to the ASA? 🤔 All you need to report to them is a screenshot...

Melissa claims in stories that she only receives ‘pennies not pounds’ from affiliate links.

So I looked at her latest affiliate links/grid post and it’s for a picnic cloth dress from John Lewis. I looked at the dress and it’s £89. I searched for John Lewis’ affiliate link % and for Women’s Fashion it’s 6%.

Melissa makes £5.34 on each picnic cloth dress her followers buy as a result of her swipe up. If ten people buy one, she is paid £53.40.

She has 35500 followers, so maybe one hundred followers swipe up and purchase one? That’s £534. Pounds, not pennies!

It’s really not cool blatantly lying to your audience.

A86EE660-CE2F-4D51-B2E2-CF6A61E2E9C8.jpeg

EA92D83C-ADAF-44FC-874C-C1F42680FD04.jpeg

299B9CEA-BAC6-47B0-B890-65C87768E884.jpeg

88B71681-E6F6-4936-B54F-A0614E1CB38F.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Don’t watch this is if you are off an nervous disposition.
The editing where it zooms in and out 😂 I’d expect that from teenagers, not a middle aged woman.

She has lost her sense of style. It’s all about the freebies, regardless of how she looks.

Reactions: 3
FCB6FE49-65DF-4547-B8FE-B019ABD4069C.png

How does she have the cheek to say ‘you get what you pay for’ when the majority of her higher end clothing is gifted to her

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
‘With my discount code you get 15% off’ so SWIPE UP and I get my minimum 5% commission on orders averaging £160+ (that’s an average minimum of £8+ per order) plus a seven day cookie window if you make a further purchase.

SWIPE UP! SWIPE UP!

🙄

DCE9F618-DF22-4A2A-894A-2576147C71E0.jpeg

Reactions: 2