Baby Reindeer Netflix #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Omg can someone tell me who this irritating green spot of a woman is please??? Iman? Why piers had her on the panel baffles me. šŸ« 

totally spoiled a potentially interesting debate!

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Omg can someone tell me who this irritating green spot of a woman is please??? Iman? Why piers had her on the panel baffles me. šŸ« 

Not the KC saying he is in discussions to take on her defamation case! I thought this might happen.

But wow that woman was absolutely unhinged.

Reactions: 9
After watching the Piers Morgan interview, its clear Fiona is lying and unhinged. However something just doesn't sit right about Richard Gadd. Reinacting himself being raped for a show, never would I imagine a victim of rape would want to relive that for fame/money. The trauma that victims have through flashbacks after having to relive these details in court is often noted in the press. His instagram comments are conveniently off, imo he has been telling half truths also.

Reactions: 22
Iā€™m sure Netflix will pay her off, theyā€™ve just done a show about Prince Andrew being a nonce so theyā€™ll hardly be bothered by Fiona

• Haha
Reactions: 22

There you go, hope this is allowed!
Why didn't she delete the Twitter account - knowing she could easily be identified through her tweets?
---

Imam Ayton - you should hear her defending Meghan Markle !!! šŸ˜

• Haha
Reactions: 3
After watching the Piers Morgan interview, its clear Fiona is lying and unhinged. However something just doesn't sit right about Richard Gadd. Reinacting himself being raped for a show, never would I imagine a victim of rape would want to relive that for fame/money. The trauma that victims have through flashbacks after having to relive these details in court is often noted in the press. His instagram comments are conveniently off, imo he has been telling half truths also.
With respect, itā€™s not something YOU would do/or imagine SA victims would do which is absolutely fair enough but that doesnā€™t mean heā€™s ā€œwrongā€ for doing so nor does it take away anything that happened to him regardless whether he did this programme and some of the money/fame that goes with it.
This is exactly why he did BR to highlight how there is not a ā€œperfectā€ victim and often those people that have been through trauma do things that others wouldnā€™t do or people who have experienced trauma donā€™t all react the same way. But it doesnā€™t mean they havenā€™t and donā€™t continue to suffer from what happened to them.

I would absolutely love to tell my story as he has regarding my domestic abuse and make money off it because I went though hell and back and my abuser came out of it untocuhed. I have actually used my trauma to run workshops through my work to feel like I have my voice back that he took away from me. But I know full well if I did anything like this, my abuser would use it to his advantage, he would spin it all as lies, he would present himself as the victim and I imagine Iā€™d have peoples views/opinions exactly how you have expressed here ā€œsheā€™s telling half truthsā€ or ā€œwhy would she do X/Y/Zā€ or ā€œyou wouldnā€™t do thatā€ honestly, you donā€™t know what youā€™d do until youā€™re in a situation and even then, what youā€™d do would be totally different to someone else.

This is what I liked about BR, he showed warts and all how trauma effects people and how people do things that others may not understand that can sometimes make situations worse but you do it for various reasons.
I donā€™t care heā€™s got money/fame off the back of it, heā€™s gone through 2 of the worst things anyone can go through and if he can make his life comfortable off the back of his trauma then good for him

• Heart
Reactions: 66
@IGiveUp22 perfectly put, completely agree. This is the first time I'd ever heard of Gadd and I really can't wrap my head around why people dislike him so much. I thought throughout BR it was really obvious that he was highlighting the role he perceives he played in both his stalking and his rape - he liked the attention from Martha, he knew the first rape had happened but kept going back. When I saw his interview on TV I thought the same thing too, it didn't seem like it was about him being a victim but more about the complexities of the feelings you experience when these things happen. I'm sure anyone who has been stalked or raped has asked themselves if they encouraged it, if they could've done something different to stop it etc, I felt like the show focused on that

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Why are you curious if I think it's awful she's been outed? I think they could have done better to disguise her identity. She's definitely not a well minded woman. I don't think it's right that people are hounding her, messaging her, etc. I think it's odd that people take it upon themselves to reach out to strangers in such a way. That was my point about the use of the Internet and social media. People are so far from reality. However, I do believe that even if people didn't find her on social media, she would have identified herself, she would have still posted to her fb page in the same way and I believe she would have still sold her story because she was deeply offended by how she was portrayed in BR because she doesn't recognise that she behaves in that way. She was also deeply offended by the actress who plays her, especially with her appearance, as she called her fat and ugly because in her mind she believes herself to be a more successful, well adjusted and attractive woman.
Just because you wrote you think itā€™s awful people are trying to uncover the man who sexually assaulted RG which i find a bit surprising. I think if anyone deserves to be outed more itā€™s the rapist as he is someone that definitely needs locked up.

Reactions: 11
Why didn't she delete the Twitter account - knowing she could easily be identified through her tweets?
---

Imam Ayton - you should hear her defending Meghan Markle !!! šŸ˜
Because she wanted to be ā€œfoundā€ - she thrives off the attention, good or bad. Itā€™s her oxygen.

Reactions: 16

Well sheā€™s delightful isnā€™t she. If I was Piers, I would have just signalled to someone to turn the camera off her and shut her mic down. What a twit.

Reactions: 7
Just because you wrote you think itā€™s awful people are trying to uncover the man who sexually assaulted RG which i find a bit surprising. I think if anyone deserves to be outed more itā€™s the rapist as he is someone that definitely needs locked up.
Thats because I THINK it belongs to him, its his story and he'll out it if and when he's ready. That's all there's nothing more in it šŸ¤£

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Interestingly five days ago Netflix senior director of public policy Benjamin King appeared before a parliamentary select committee and described Baby Reindeer as "a true story of the horrific abuse that the writer and protagonist Richard Gadd suffered at the hands of a convicted stalker".

So he's either had a slip of the tongue or he's saying Fiona Harvey has actually been convicted of stalking.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
They've both had their 15 minutes, wish they'd both go away now. Thought it was an excellent, thought-provoking show...but he says he did his best to disguise the real people involved? Give me a break.

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.