Baby Reindeer Netflix #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I watched Psychology in Seattle on You Tube 'analyse' interview and he didn't know what she meant by a 'big green spot'. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 8
We've declared him a liar because the photo he claimed was her coming out of prison was taken from the internet and it’s not Fiona.

he also said Piers Morgan owns the rights to the photo but he doesn’t, the person who took the photo owns the rights. Yes, you can sell your ownership but this isn't an important enough story.
My bad. I've seen he's now admitted it was bs.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
If I had crossed paths with her, I think I'd be staying stumm. She clearly digs around for info on people (knowing Piers and the actress' age, for example) and I think if she felt you had crossed her, like the DM journo, she'd be all over you like a rash.
See I fully get this but you could still give off the record commentary to the media as a 'source' or 'close friend' couldn't you.

The radio silence from anyone else involved strongly suggests to me that 'recollections may vary' as a very wise lady once put it

I think RG is just as delusional in his own way as FH. Nor do I think he's quite managed to escape all his demons. His eyes at the BAFTAs last night had the classic red rings round them that sadly scream "too many class As and not enough sleep for too many months"
[/QUOTE]
I thought he was on some kind of drug I kept looking at his eyes didn't seem right. As you put it I think he has as many demons as FH. It will all come out eventually

Reactions: 12
RG strikes me as quite a lonely character. Donny didn’t really have any friends in the show. The only people he had to lean on during the whole Martha debacle were his family, his current gf and his ex and her family. When he was dating Teri he said he was terrified of bumping into someone from work (the bar or the comedy world) as opposed to any friends.

That’s just my observation from the show and it might be different now. I’m not surprised no one has spoken out. If I were a friend of his, speaking out would come across like trying to cash in on his success. No one has called anything into question besides FH, and any friends or family of his probably don’t want to waste their breath on giving her any attention/credence.

Reactions: 12
I imagine anyone who was around the Hawley Arms at the time and was there enough to recognise either RG or FH wouldn't be wanting to get involved as FH has already been throwing accusations about sexual assaults and drug dealing by the staff and regulars. As it's 10+ years ago most people will undoubtedly have moved on and regardless of the truth in her claims they're unlikely wanting to get caught up in this horror of a media circus.

Reactions: 26
I do find it interesting that according to his accounts he made over £1 million from his stand up, prior to making Baby Reindeer, yet on the show portrayed himself as a struggling artist and unpopular stand-up.

It's like he wanted to paint himself to be as vulnerable as possible. Like, he was clearly emotionally vulnerable, so why overegg it so much?

Reactions: 14
I imagine anyone who was around the Hawley Arms at the time and was there enough to recognise either RG or FH wouldn't be wanting to get involved as FH has already been throwing accusations about sexual assaults and drug dealing by the staff and regulars. As it's 10+ years ago most people will undoubtedly have moved on and regardless of the truth in her claims they're unlikely wanting to get caught up in this horror of a media circus.
I agree, they were obvs up to some very dodgy stuff in that pub and the last thing previous stuff will want is for it to all get dredged up again and Fiona pointing her finger!

Reactions: 11
As someone who has a toxic person connected to them, I can imagine people don't want to be speaking up. This person has been awful to me and people around me. I know 2 who didn't report to Police purely as they didn't want to deal with the backlash

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Does Fiona Harvey only have one Facebook account in her name? I know the main account hasn’t posted in 3 days but that one is legit because it goes back years. Other accounts have popped up using similar language but I was wondering if anyone knows if they are actually her? Thanks ☺

Reactions: 2
Does Fiona Harvey only have one Facebook account in her name? I know the main account hasn’t posted in 3 days but that one is legit because it goes back years. Other accounts have popped up using similar language but I was wondering if anyone knows if they are actually her? Thanks ☺
There have been a rash of fake accounts that have popped-up over the past week or two.
I don't trust any of them; as you say, Fiona Harvey's real Facebook account is the one with seven followers that has been around for years (with some unpleasant posts).

I can't imagine she'd not be looking judging by how much she has posted on there previously but who is to know which account -if any- are her alternate ones.

I tried to watch the interview last night but the whole thing has just made me feel really uncomfortable, even more so when you pair it with Fiona’s FB etc. I know it was never going to happen but I wish she’d been able to keep her anonymity. Yes she’s done some really fucked up and awful things and as someone who has been stalked, I know the psychological impact it has. I just feel weird/uncomfortable with how someone who is clearly mentally ill, is being mocked and dragged into the public. It all just feels, icky?

I haven’t read the rest of the thread yet so I may be on my own with this view 😬

Reactions: 17
Honestly I think if she stays off Facebook everyone will be bored of it after a few days

Reactions: 15
I tried to watch the interview last night but the whole thing has just made me feel really uncomfortable, even more so when you pair it with Fiona’s FB etc. I know it was never going to happen but I wish she’d been able to keep her anonymity. Yes she’s done some really fucked up and awful things and as someone who has been stalked, I know the psychological impact it has. I just feel weird/uncomfortable with how someone who is clearly mentally ill, is being mocked and dragged into the public. It all just feels, icky?

I haven’t read the rest of the thread yet so I may be on my own with this view 😬
ONE HUNDRED PERCENT. She's clearly very mentally unwell and has been thrust into a situation she didn't ask for, no matter how badly she has behaved, everyone has the right to privacy/anonymity. Netflix/the production company have failed in their duty of care towards her, and as RG has said himself in that interview with Lorraine Kelly - they are both victims. Admitting she's a victim yet putting her at risk of what has inevitably happened to her - not cool.

Reactions: 14
I do find it interesting that according to his accounts he made over £1 million from his stand up, prior to making Baby Reindeer, yet on the show portrayed himself as a struggling artist and unpopular stand-up.

It's like he wanted to paint himself to be as vulnerable as possible. Like, he was clearly emotionally vulnerable, so why overegg it so much?
But Baby Reindeer is based on the part of his life prior to him becoming successful isn't it? Also it's very much his opinion of himself, which is quite negative - he had very little positive to say about himself after the SA and then his dealings with "Martha". That was my take on it at least.

Reactions: 8
I’m a bit conflicted because I don’t believe that he didn’t want his perpetrators to be identifiable, that’s totally untrue in my opinion. I think deep down this is what he wanted, a bit of revenge (don’t blame him) all the speculation in them being outed. Apparently people in the industry know exactly who the abuser is & of course that was foreseeable it wouldn’t take anyone who had worked with them or knew them at the time long to work out who it was. I have no issues with either of them being identified, they both deserve it for what they have done. I just don’t think he is being honest about his intentions or expectations of the viewing public in this day & age. On the other hand I know he couldn’t & wouldn’t come out & say that yes he did want people to try & find them 🤣
I’m curious if you think it’s awful that Fiona has been outed?
Why are you curious if I think it's awful she's been outed? I think they could have done better to disguise her identity. She's definitely not a well minded woman. I don't think it's right that people are hounding her, messaging her, etc. I think it's odd that people take it upon themselves to reach out to strangers in such a way. That was my point about the use of the Internet and social media. People are so far from reality. However, I do believe that even if people didn't find her on social media, she would have identified herself, she would have still posted to her fb page in the same way and I believe she would have still sold her story because she was deeply offended by how she was portrayed in BR because she doesn't recognise that she behaves in that way. She was also deeply offended by the actress who plays her, especially with her appearance, as she called her fat and ugly because in her mind she believes herself to be a more successful, well adjusted and attractive woman.

ONE HUNDRED PERCENT. She's clearly very mentally unwell and has been thrust into a situation she didn't ask for, no matter how badly she has behaved, everyone has the right to privacy/anonymity. Netflix/the production company have failed in their duty of care towards her, and as RG has said himself in that interview with Lorraine Kelly - they are both victims. Admitting she's a victim yet putting her at risk of what has inevitably happened to her - not cool.
But she didn't want anonymity 🤷‍♀️. She outed herself on YouTube for the whole world to see... No one made her do that, she made out she was forced to. Wasn't she harassing the people

She said she wasn't tech savvy, but had the wits about her to restrict comments, keep all of her Facebook posts public while allowing for likes and shares. She also left her messages open on Facebook too. She knows how to change her privacy settings.

No one asked for her to put herself in front of a camera beside Piers Morgan. She chose to do that. It wasn't some big tell-all moment, she just wanted to feel in control of the narrative.

What did the interview get her? All it did was highlight that she didn't know her arse from her elbow. She confirmed who she was tried to confirm her interactions (from we weren't even friends to help wanted to sleep with me) and everything she said contradicted the next thing. If anything, it just convinced more people she's a stalker!

Yes, she may not be well or okay, but she is still a stalker and takes zero responsibility for anything she has ever done. There is no accountability, even for the other family she harassed. Even fecking Donald Dewar!

I understand she may have issues and could very well be considered vulnerable to some, but at what point does that become an excuse beyond reasonability? I can't imagine that there are many stalkers out there who don't have mental health issues, so it doesn't excuse the behaviour at all.

What I took from the interview was that she seemed annoyed that the portrayal of Martha wasn't correct (even though she never watched it by the way...). She wanted to point out what didn't happen but didn't want to discuss what did. She also wanted the show to depict her in the way she saw herself (along with the negative comments about Jessica Gunning).

Jessica Gunning brought a slight trace of likeability to Martha's character and, even though her accent was havering at times, it was in no way as pretentious and false as Fiona Harvey's!

She seems like a very spiteful person and a very hateful one too (from her own social media posts). I'm sure she's had all the help in the world offered to her but hasn't wanted to do any of the work or change. If you "Google up" Baby+Reindeer+Martha, Fiona Harvey's face comes up. That's exactly what she wanted.

I hope all of her stalking victims are okay and I hope she gets the help she needs and apologises for her behaviour over the years.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Nobody has an unlimited right to privacy or anonymity. She’s actually very lucky she hasn’t ever been prosecuted because the judgment/s would all be in the public domain anyway. Why should anyone be allowed to make the lives of several other people absolute hell for years and have it kept private?! She said she didn’t ask for all this attention, did all the people she’s stalked ask for that? Complete and utter nonsense.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.