Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

soupmodel

VIP Member
We gained nothing except confirmation that:
- Richard Gadd wrote Martha very well
- Jessica Gunning is a fantastic actress
- Fiona Harvey is not okay
- Piers Morgan is still an arsehole

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 81

BBC1HD

VIP Member
I might be in the minority here but had I been raped and also had a stalker who hounded me relentlessly as well as my family members...I genuinely don't think I would give a fuck about either of them getting exposed or found out in the process of furthering my career. Netflix and Gadd have most likely covered the legalities of Baby Reindeer so..it's all tough luck really.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 71

IGiveUp22

VIP Member
After watching the Piers Morgan interview, its clear Fiona is lying and unhinged. However something just doesn't sit right about Richard Gadd. Reinacting himself being raped for a show, never would I imagine a victim of rape would want to relive that for fame/money. The trauma that victims have through flashbacks after having to relive these details in court is often noted in the press. His instagram comments are conveniently off, imo he has been telling half truths also.
With respect, it’s not something YOU would do/or imagine SA victims would do which is absolutely fair enough but that doesn’t mean he’s “wrong” for doing so nor does it take away anything that happened to him regardless whether he did this programme and some of the money/fame that goes with it.
This is exactly why he did BR to highlight how there is not a “perfect” victim and often those people that have been through trauma do things that others wouldn’t do or people who have experienced trauma don’t all react the same way. But it doesn’t mean they haven’t and don’t continue to suffer from what happened to them.

I would absolutely love to tell my story as he has regarding my domestic abuse and make money off it because I went though hell and back and my abuser came out of it untocuhed. I have actually used my trauma to run workshops through my work to feel like I have my voice back that he took away from me. But I know full well if I did anything like this, my abuser would use it to his advantage, he would spin it all as lies, he would present himself as the victim and I imagine I’d have peoples views/opinions exactly how you have expressed here “she’s telling half truths” or “why would she do X/Y/Z” or “you wouldn’t do that” honestly, you don’t know what you’d do until you’re in a situation and even then, what you’d do would be totally different to someone else.

This is what I liked about BR, he showed warts and all how trauma effects people and how people do things that others may not understand that can sometimes make situations worse but you do it for various reasons.
I don’t care he’s got money/fame off the back of it, he’s gone through 2 of the worst things anyone can go through and if he can make his life comfortable off the back of his trauma then good for him

• Heart
Reactions: 65

Hinchhater1442

Chatty Member
I think when Richard said she wouldn’t recognise herself he was right. She can’t see that it’s her, because she doesn’t believe she did all this stuff.

• Heart
Reactions: 64

welp

VIP Member
btw it's insane how well Jessica Gunning nailed her role without having any reference except of Gadd's words. She has to sweep award season.

• Heart
Reactions: 48

MrsNorthernGrinch

Chatty Member
Looks like the nephew has posted a photo of someone being released from a prison except he’s covered the bit that could be her 😅 he reckons the papers have it but haven’t released it yet.

Feel like I have to add a disclaimer 🤣 that I stumbled on it by chance, checking fb in my break and it said 1 new post in the search history. I’m not stalking this guy looool Sent from my ipheon
View attachment 2929139
quick search on google with that photo…

we need to stop giving him the views 😂
IMG_1357.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 46

veevee04

VIP Member
Does anyone think this is all just big black mirror episode and they will be asking why the public were so interested in Martha who has no power mentally ill and on benefits and not the rapist who has money and power.

• Heart
Reactions: 45

soupmodel

VIP Member
ONE HUNDRED PERCENT. She's clearly very mentally unwell and has been thrust into a situation she didn't ask for, no matter how badly she has behaved, everyone has the right to privacy/anonymity. Netflix/the production company have failed in their duty of care towards her, and as RG has said himself in that interview with Lorraine Kelly - they are both victims. Admitting she's a victim yet putting her at risk of what has inevitably happened to her - not cool.
But she didn't want anonymity 🤷‍♀️. She outed herself on YouTube for the whole world to see... No one made her do that, she made out she was forced to. Wasn't she harassing the people

She said she wasn't tech savvy, but had the wits about her to restrict comments, keep all of her Facebook posts public while allowing for likes and shares. She also left her messages open on Facebook too. She knows how to change her privacy settings.

No one asked for her to put herself in front of a camera beside Piers Morgan. She chose to do that. It wasn't some big tell-all moment, she just wanted to feel in control of the narrative.

What did the interview get her? All it did was highlight that she didn't know her arse from her elbow. She confirmed who she was tried to confirm her interactions (from we weren't even friends to help wanted to sleep with me) and everything she said contradicted the next thing. If anything, it just convinced more people she's a stalker!

Yes, she may not be well or okay, but she is still a stalker and takes zero responsibility for anything she has ever done. There is no accountability, even for the other family she harassed. Even fecking Donald Dewar!

I understand she may have issues and could very well be considered vulnerable to some, but at what point does that become an excuse beyond reasonability? I can't imagine that there are many stalkers out there who don't have mental health issues, so it doesn't excuse the behaviour at all.

What I took from the interview was that she seemed annoyed that the portrayal of Martha wasn't correct (even though she never watched it by the way...). She wanted to point out what didn't happen but didn't want to discuss what did. She also wanted the show to depict her in the way she saw herself (along with the negative comments about Jessica Gunning).

Jessica Gunning brought a slight trace of likeability to Martha's character and, even though her accent was havering at times, it was in no way as pretentious and false as Fiona Harvey's!

She seems like a very spiteful person and a very hateful one too (from her own social media posts). I'm sure she's had all the help in the world offered to her but hasn't wanted to do any of the work or change. If you "Google up" Baby+Reindeer+Martha, Fiona Harvey's face comes up. That's exactly what she wanted.

I hope all of her stalking victims are okay and I hope she gets the help she needs and apologises for her behaviour over the years.

• Heart

Tinkerbell cat

VIP Member
I do think it's good that it's raising awareness for stalking tbh, a lot of people don't seem to understand the severity of it or have absolutely no empathy for the victims of it because it doesn't 'seem serious', especially because the perpetrators are usually unusual people or mentally ill etc - if you watch any stalker documentary they are all similar types, but that doesn't make stalking alright. When it happened to me people kept saying 'he won't hurt you, he'll get bored and stop' but you don't know that when someone is hanging round your house or taking your train to work when they don't have any reason to be on it, and he didn't ever get bored or stop until the police were involved (and one of the articles said Fiona only stopped harassing someone once they threatened police action). At any time this behaviour can escalate and you're so powerless because it's so unpredictable and nobody takes you seriously. Even on this thread people have said 'just change your number' etc as if that stops them. It seems a lot of men have come forward about being raped or stalked etc and that can only be a good thing
Not even the police being involved stopped my stalker. I don't think I will ever fully be the same person again as I know he is truly always going to be there. I think unless you have been through it, you will never quite understand just how much a stalker can change and ruin your life.

• Sad
  • Heart

Elle Woods

VIP Member
Of all the bullshit Fiona came out with I didn't realise the grading of her degree would be such a talking point 😂

• Haha

CrystalWench

Chatty Member
For me as the victim of harassment, stalking etc watching her interview really makes me feel justified. She is the same as mine, even after a restraining order etc, apparently my victim statement was lies etc. I’m off my head and a psychopath etc. It’s really odd how these people are the same and say the same things, but it’s made me feel less like I’m crazy and it’s really helped that the majority are seeing how mad these people are.

• Heart
Reactions: 44

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
I do think it's good that it's raising awareness for stalking tbh, a lot of people don't seem to understand the severity of it or have absolutely no empathy for the victims of it because it doesn't 'seem serious', especially because the perpetrators are usually unusual people or mentally ill etc - if you watch any stalker documentary they are all similar types, but that doesn't make stalking alright. When it happened to me people kept saying 'he won't hurt you, he'll get bored and stop' but you don't know that when someone is hanging round your house or taking your train to work when they don't have any reason to be on it, and he didn't ever get bored or stop until the police were involved (and one of the articles said Fiona only stopped harassing someone once they threatened police action). At any time this behaviour can escalate and you're so powerless because it's so unpredictable and nobody takes you seriously. Even on this thread people have said 'just change your number' etc as if that stops them. It seems a lot of men have come forward about being raped or stalked etc and that can only be a good thing

• Heart
Reactions: 44

BBC1HD

VIP Member
41000 emails in a year. So basically she would have to email him 112 times a day.

Looking at her Facebook page...I'd say that would be a very easy target for her lmao.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 43

Hope96

VIP Member
Previous thread: https://tattle.life/threads/baby-reindeer-netflix-2.45030/

Please continue here. Please be respectful of others as we have our own opinions and experiences to share.

Viewer discretion: The show portrays stalking, sexual assault and rape.

If you need confidential support please click on this link and below are links for a number of services that you can contact: https://sexualabusesupport.campaign.gov.uk/#get_confidential_support

England and Wales: https://rapecrisis.org.uk/get-help/want-to-talk/

Scotland: https://sexualabusesupport.campaign.gov.uk/#get_confidential_support

Northern Ireland: https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/getting-help-after-sexual-violence

As stated before, people have found the real "Martha" aka Fiona Harvey but please don't message or interact with her as it is not in your best interests. Her posts are full of Islamophobia, racism and homophobia. She also downplays and questions other's experiences of sexual assault and rape so generally not a pleasant read.

Fiona has recorded an interview with Piers Morgan which will be shown tomorrow on his channel: https://www.youtube.com/piersmorganuncensored

The interview may be triggering for some so again put your mental health first and make the right decision for you. ❤

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 43