Baby Reindeer Netflix #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So this occurred to me yesterday… no one who worked at the pub, drank in the pub, lived in the area, went to a show, saw them together, knows the story or even a “source” has come out to say what they witnessed. I find it odd as based on how big this story is, you would have thought someone other than the fake nephew would have tried to earn a quick buck
I'm guessing those who genuinely know her know it's not worth poking the bear for fear of being her next victim. I know I'd want to keep well away from her.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I'm guessing those who genuinely know her know it's not worth poking the bear for fear of being her next victim. I know I'd want to keep well away from her.
I suppose equally anyone who had something to say that didn’t match RG’s story might not want to raise their head above the parapet and get all the abuse FH is getting/be accused of being as bad as her etc. Or being sent to jail in Baby Reindeer 2 😂

Reactions: 6
I thought that initially but not even an anonymous quote to confirm his side of the story. Feels odd that Laura Wray is the only one to speak out.

Reactions: 10
I might be on my own with this opinion but I think it's awful that people are actively trying to uncover the man who SA him. He is entitled to share his story, his trauma publicly without people trying to out a huge part of his life that he is choosing to keep confidential. He gets to decide when he shares that information or if he seeks to pursue charges against the individual. People are so detached from reality whilst using social media, he's a real person. I can't imagine anyone would do that to someone they know outside of their wee rectangle. It's so intrusive.
I’m a bit conflicted because I don’t believe that he didn’t want his perpetrators to be identifiable, that’s totally untrue in my opinion. I think deep down this is what he wanted, a bit of revenge (don’t blame him) all the speculation in them being outed. Apparently people in the industry know exactly who the abuser is & of course that was foreseeable it wouldn’t take anyone who had worked with them or knew them at the time long to work out who it was. I have no issues with either of them being identified, they both deserve it for what they have done. I just don’t think he is being honest about his intentions or expectations of the viewing public in this day & age. On the other hand I know he couldn’t & wouldn’t come out & say that yes he did want people to try & find them 🤣
I’m curious if you think it’s awful that Fiona has been outed?

Reactions: 9
What I think about her use of the phrase "BBC Breaking News"... I bet she's one of those people who sits around watching the live news channel all day. On that, they have a banner down the bottom of the screen that says "Breaking news" all the time. I bet she just thinks all news stories on the BBC are "breaking news" because she normally sees all her news from that channel.

Reactions: 23
I thought that initially but not even an anonymous quote to confirm his side of the story. Feels odd that Laura Wray is the only one to speak out.
You raise a really good point. You’d think they’d be coming out the woodwork by now. It’s got me thinking 🤔

I’m a bit conflicted because I don’t believe that he didn’t want his perpetrators to be identifiable, that’s totally untrue in my opinion. I think deep down this is what he wanted, a bit of revenge (don’t blame him) all the speculation in them being outed. Apparently people in the industry know exactly who the abuser is & of course that was foreseeable it wouldn’t take anyone who had worked with them or knew them at the time long to work out who it was. I have no issues with either of them being identified, they both deserve it for what they have done. I just don’t think he is being honest about his intentions or expectations of the viewing public in this day & age. On the other hand I know he couldn’t & wouldn’t come out & say that yes he did want people to try & find them 🤣
I’m curious if you think it’s awful that Fiona has been outed?
I think BIB is exactly what I feel. And along with the bits that he now seems to have admitted aren’t true or he used as a representation (the prison, the SA and her attacking his love interest) it makes me doubt whether other bits of the FH bit are also exaggerated or representations. If you lead with “this is a true story” but then there are such deliberate deceptions (a true mixed up memory would be different but these were deliberate) while the changes you claimed to make to disguise FH are so minimal it taints the whole lot. If that’s not true and you’re dishonest about your intentions, the natural question is “what else isn’t true”

So this occurred to me yesterday… no one who worked at the pub, drank in the pub, lived in the area, went to a show, saw them together, knows the story or even a “source” has come out to say what they witnessed. I find it odd as based on how big this story is, you would have thought someone other than the fake nephew would have tried to earn a quick buck
[/QUOTE]

I said exactly this to my friend the other day. Usually, when there’s a story like this, with a lot of media coverage, you’ll get friends/family/old acquaintances all wanting to sell their stories/get their 5 minutes of fame.
But aside from a non story from the trans person Richard Gadd dated, and the fake nephew of Fiona Harvey, absolutely nobody has come forward on either behalf with anything to say.
I find that very odd….

Reactions: 17
What I think about her use of the phrase "BBC Breaking News"... I bet she's one of those people who sits around watching the live news channel all day. On that, they have a banner down the bottom of the screen that says "Breaking news" all the time. I bet she just thinks all news stories on the BBC are "breaking news" because she normally sees all her news from that channel.
Exactly that. Her tweets from 2016 and earlier show she must have had the BBC Scotland news on constantly as she tweets about almost every "breaking" story some days, with a heavy bias to politics.
---
I said exactly this to my friend the other day. Usually, when there’s a story like this, with a lot of media coverage, you’ll get friends/family/old acquaintances all wanting to sell their stories/get their 5 minutes of fame.
But aside from a non story from the trans person Richard Gadd dated, and the fake nephew of Fiona Harvey, absolutely nobody has come forward on either behalf with anything to say.
I find that very odd….
[/QUOTE]
If I had crossed paths with her, I think I'd be staying stumm. She clearly digs around for info on people (knowing Piers and the actress' age, for example) and I think if she felt you had crossed her, like the DM journo, she'd be all over you like a rash.

Reactions: 13
I wonder if people have been paid to keep quiet or had to sign something.. something doesn't seem right though

Reactions: 5
I got 10 mins into the piers interview and turned it off. She is annoying to watch. I'll give it a go when I'm less tired I think.

Reactions: 7

I find that very odd….
If I was one of them I would keep my head down tbh and thank the lord I got away from her 😂 😂

Reactions: 12
Someone on twitter claiming to be her nephew is saying she did go to prison for four months when she was known as Fiona Muir.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Exactly that. Her tweets from 2016 and earlier show she must have had the BBC Scotland news on constantly as she tweets about almost every "breaking" story some days, with a heavy bias to politics.
---

I find that very odd….
If I had crossed paths with her, I think I'd be staying stumm. She clearly digs around for info on people (knowing Piers and the actress' age, for example) and I think if she felt you had crossed her, like the DM journo, she'd be all over you like a rash.
[/QUOTE]

See I fully get this but you could still give off the record commentary to the media as a 'source' or 'close friend' couldn't you.

The radio silence from anyone else involved strongly suggests to me that 'recollections may vary' as a very wise lady once put it

I think RG is just as delusional in his own way as FH. Nor do I think he's quite managed to escape all his demons. His eyes at the BAFTAs last night had the classic red rings round them that sadly scream "too many class As and not enough sleep for too many months"

Reactions: 11
I definitely wouldn't be speaking out if I'd witnessed any of her shenanigans and drawing attention to myself when it's clear to see how obsessive she is over EVERYONE who crosses her path - taxi drivers, removal men etc. Naw I'd keep well out of it🙅‍♀️

Reactions: 15
See I fully get this but you could still give off the record commentary to the media as a 'source' or 'close friend' couldn't you.

The radio silence from anyone else involved strongly suggests to me that 'recollections may vary' as a very wise lady once put it

I think RG is just as delusional in his own way as FH. Nor do I think he's quite managed to escape all his demons. His eyes at the BAFTAs last night had the classic red rings round them that sadly scream "too many class As and not enough sleep for too many months"
[/QUOTE]
It has been pointed out several times that neither of them would make reliable witnesses for multiple reasons - drugs, past trauma, mental illness etc. And seemingly with the PM interview and what you have said about the bafta appearance, still won't.

However, with the growth in armchair detectives, I can't see anybody wanting to go even off the record that they used to drink in the Hawley Arms during that period, for instance. I bloody wouldn't. I'd get my head down and pray like hell nobody speaks out.

ETA not sure why broken quotes. Sorry

Reactions: 8
Just coming here to remind everyone of the 'big green spot'

Sorry, if it is stuck in my mind it needs to be stuck in all of yours too...

😭

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Someone on twitter claiming to be her nephew is saying she did go to prison for four months when she was known as Fiona Muir.
We've declared him a liar because the photo he claimed was her coming out of prison was taken from the internet and it’s not Fiona.

he also said Piers Morgan owns the rights to the photo but he doesn’t, the person who took the photo owns the rights. Yes, you can sell your ownership but this isn't an important enough story.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.