Baby Reindeer Netflix #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In her last message she said "bye for now" so we shall see how long that lasts for. I wonder if she has a support worker whether they'd advise her not to keep talking about Richard Gadd and making accusations. I imagine she's winding herself up writing about it and I have no idea what the consequences could be from her accusations.
She types bye for now every so often, takes a 10 minute break then resumes with her incoherent thoughts.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
She mentions she doesn’t have a Netflix subscription. Does that mean that other than seeing pics and maybe online clips, she hasn’t seen Jessica Gunning’s portrayal of her? I’d be so curious to know how an actor would play me. I could never understand John Lydon saying he wasn’t going to watch Pistol. I thought Anson Boon did a more than decent job playing him.

Reactions: 2
She mentions she doesn’t have a Netflix subscription. Does that mean that other than seeing pics and maybe online clips, she hasn’t seen Jessica Gunning’s portrayal of her? I’d be so curious to know how an actor would play me. I could never understand John Lydon saying he wasn’t going to watch Pistol. I thought Anson Boon did a more than decent job playing him.
She told the sun journalist (if it's true you know the sun) that she has seen it. According to the article that named her

Reactions: 1
Not to be an armchair psychiatrist but I think it reveals a lot about her complete detachment from 'normality'. In all of her messages the running theme is that she is trying to appear reasonable, be the reasonable one in the situation, be a completely sensible and relaxed person victimised by everyone else. She tries to appear 'normal' - but the problem is, she has no idea what a normal person would do.

And any normal person would naturally watch a show about themselves, particularly on such a monumental period of their life and one in which they are concerned the truth isn't being told. FH doesn't quite grasp this and I think it shows that whatever happened between her stalking of Gadd and now, it isn't good adjustment to social norms.

Reactions: 10
This is interesting watch from a therapist point of view

Thanks for sharing that. She’s done a couple more videos on the show looking at their trauma bond and why Donnie goes back to Darriens at the end.

Reactions: 5
I’ve just seen on TikTok RG is now reaching out to people asking them personally to remove posts naming FH!

• Wow
Reactions: 8
He isn’t a stupid man, he must have realised people would be able to identify her. Perhaps he thought Baby Reindeer would be largely ignored?

Reactions: 12
I enjoyed the show. It definitely made me reflect on some events in my past and how I could have dealt with them better, for my own mental health.

I'm struggling to understand people's uproar about the real Martha being exposed. If she only did a fraction of what was portrayed in Baby Reindeer, she deserves no sympathy in my eyes.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm far more curious about the true identity if 'Darrian', a rapist and predator who has probably targeted dozens of people, than the regular updating of incoherent rants from mentally ill woman.

Who is he?
Darrian is quite an unusual name to choose for a character. No idea if it means anything at all just musing….

Reactions: 9
I don't understand why there is so much backlash against RG. As the victim why is it his responsibility to protect the identity of his abuser? Why doesn't he have the right to tell his story and to play himself in the show, regardless of his motivations? Is it because she's a woman with MH issues and is seen as vulnerable, in spite of her criminal actions? Or because he's an actor making money and fame off his story that people think this is wrong? I'm a true crime afficionado, as are many other Tattlers. Should true stories like RG's not be told because the perpetrator might be mentally ill or vulnerable? Should Richard Spencer not have participated in the documentary detailing his years of DV at the hands of his abusive wife? Should true crime shows and news reports be cancelled to silence victims and protect murderers, rapists, stalkers from an outraged public? Are people really suggesting that protecting the identity of an abusive stalker should be the priority rather than supporting a victim and allowing them to talk about their ordeal in whatever way works for them? I normally hate this whataboutism but if Martha was a man and RG a woman would people still be criticising him for Baby Reindeer and for not better protecting the identity of his abuser? Would people be blaming him for the actions of the strangers who have tracked down Martha's real identity and are engaging with her?

This discourse questioning his motives and criticising him for not better concealing the identity of his abusive stalker and thus protecting her from the public criticism of her criminal behaviour is Imo victim blaming and shaming. As is blaming him for the irresponsible actions of the strangers who have tracked down her identity and are interacting with her online. RG is the victim here. There are no perfect victims and claiming he should be responsible for protecting his abuser's identity is sick, cruel and a dangerous road to go down for all victims. Martha does seem to have MH issues, but that does not make her exempt from the repercussions of her actions.

MOO

• Heart
Reactions: 53
I enjoyed the show. It definitely made me reflect on some events in my past and how I could have dealt with them better, for my own mental health.

I'm struggling to understand people's uproar about the real Martha being exposed. If she only did a fraction of what was portrayed in Baby Reindeer, she deserves no sympathy in my eyes.
I think for me I see a woman whose mental capacity/situation is bad enough that she doesn't have rational control over her own actions. It doesn't make what she is doing right, or even forgivable, but I have to question whether a trial by social media is right for someone so clearly unwell.

Reactions: 13
I think for me I see a woman whose mental capacity/situation is bad enough that she doesn't have rational control over her own actions. It doesn't make what she is doing right, or even forgivable, but I have to question whether a trial by social media is right for someone so clearly unwell.
A lot of criminals don't have the mental capacity to have rational control over their own actions. Unless they fit the stringent requirements of Not Guilty be Reason of Insanity it doesn't mean they aren't fit to face the repercussions of their actions. Trial by social media is rarely right Imo, but that should never be used as a reason to silence victims, let alone hold them responsible for protecting the identity of their abuser. Likewise RG is not responsible for the actions of the people on SM who have tracked Martha down and are engaging with her.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Sensing some strong NPD characteristics in FH.
I watched some of her videos ranting and it would appear that she likes the feeling of her own importance, she also seems to fabricate and lie, and it’s a well known trait of narcs to stalk. A powerful role like a lawyer would have also been well in a narcs sight.
Her views and opinions even scream narc.
She may very well have created who she is today as she doesn’t want to face past trauma?
Maybe she really did sit at that bus stop and have a complete narc break down?

Reactions: 12
I really wonder what FH is doing, alongside all these Facebook posts. She reckons she is ‘making dinner for folk’ and was eating sandwiches with her lawyer boyfriend. I wonder if any of these people exist? The fact that literally none of them have cut access to the internet makes me think they don’t, and she’s alone. She desperately needs someone to step in and stop her.

• Sad
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.