Baby Reindeer Netflix #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
With respect you know absolutely nothing about me. I have 9 ACEs by statistics I should be in dead , a drug addict in prison or long term psychiatric care. I am none of these , my own mother tried to murder me during one of her episodes I've also been SA at the age of 12. I could write a freaking book and do a play I won't because what's the point ? It's rehashing the past there's nothing I can change it happened . I don't drink, I don't do drugs I am in full time employment which I enjoy , goodish pay. Have a good home. I've not needed any therapy in 12 years because I thought duck the dysfunction.
I live a good life, it's not backwards it's thinking forwards. We cannot control what happened to us but we can control what happens going forwards.
I'm sorry thay this has been your life and I know you're not expecting sympathy but using your experience to explain your view on these things.

It does lead into my view (and that's all it is, my view not fact!) that response to horrendous trauma is individual and one person's way of dealing with things is a world away from how another would deal with it.

It would be brilliant if everyone could move forward the way you have, but for whatever reasons not everyone is able to.

I have my own experience of trauma response which is a world away from what you have been through (I was at the Manchester Arena when it was bombed) but I often question myself as to why I can't just pick myself up, dust myself off and move the F on. I see others that experienced worse and have done just that yet I've tried but I just can't seem to do it.

None of my ramblings are intended as anything other than a discussion BTW, I'm not saying I'm right I'm just airing my thoughts on something that has fascinated me (Baby Reindeer and the response) and the subsequent discussions around trauma response.

❤

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 44
Has Terri been identified? I missed this. Who please?
At this point I’m guessing a quick google of ‘trans therapist London’ and hitting the images would do the trick. I’m hoping he put a few added layers of protection for her though.

Reactions: 6
Who is victim blaming? People are pointing out that he himself said Martha is as much a victim as anyone and that’s a big part of his message and if Martha is also a victim like he said - then why all the ‘victim blaming’ here of her.??
Nobody said he shouldn’t tell his story. There is a ton of empathy for him as well as concern for her as a vulnerable mentally ill woman with no support network. The two aren’t mutually exclusive.
How do you know what support network she has?
It's plain ta see services are involved, I said in last thread I'd bet me life she has carer, social worker the lot, they moved her because they knew this show was coming out and she'd be found

Too the people saying she should have been told, again how do you know she wasn't?
Someone was able share a Ss she put up just before release something to do with oh take me away for a month, she knew alright.

And then to the one saying she's not ill just nasty. WELL🤔🤔🤔
What do ya say to them people? Thank god you have obviously never has to deal with such MH, but you'd want to be pretty dam naive to think she doesn't have MH issues. Doesn't mean she's not nasty also but she most definitely is ill

Reactions: 4
Serious question. Do you think she will stop ranting, ever.
She doesn't seem to be slowing down. I wonder if she will get bored, her track record says she doesn't know when to stop.

Reactions: 13
She doesn't seem to be slowing down. I wonder if she will get bored, her track record says she doesn't know when to stop.
Nope, she has always been like it looking at her history

Reactions: 5
It'll just go on to a new subject, last week the council, this week gadd, lord knows what next week may bring 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 7
In her last message she said "bye for now" so we shall see how long that lasts for. I wonder if she has a support worker whether they'd advise her not to keep talking about Richard Gadd and making accusations. I imagine she's winding herself up writing about it and I have no idea what the consequences could be from her accusations.

Reactions: 8
Terri is actually the one I’d be worried about the most, becoming collateral damage in all this. She’s a trans woman, meaning there are people out there who see HER as a threat, thus would want to harm her.
I absolutely agree with this but just wanted to add that she was the most ‘sympathetic’ character in the whole series (assuming it was written ‘true to life’). I don’t agree with people ‘outing’ her because she did absolutely nothing wrong other than be herself. I do hope that she, more than anyone, has got an incredible support network around her.

Reactions: 25
In her last message she said "bye for now" so we shall see how long that lasts for. I wonder if she has a support worker whether they'd advise her not to keep talking about Richard Gadd and making accusations. I imagine she's winding herself up writing about it and I have no idea what the consequences could be from her accusations.
It lasted a moment, she's just put another one up. Today might be a long day for her. Tragic, it won't end well.

Reactions: 5
How do you know what support network she has?
It's plain ta see services are involved, I said in last thread I'd bet me life she has carer, social worker the lot, they moved her because they knew this show was coming out and she'd be found
I meant friends and family who would actually care for her and support her. I’m guessing she has none because her social skills are so bad, who needs all that in their lives.
God bless the social workers and professionals working with her though. There’s a tough and thankless job right there.

Reactions: 7
I absolutely agree with this but just wanted to add that she was the most ‘sympathetic’ character in the whole series (assuming it was written ‘true to life’). I don’t agree with people ‘outing’ her because she did absolutely nothing wrong other than be herself. I do hope that she, more than anyone, has got an incredible support network around her.
Teri and Richard’s Dad were the only sensible ones in the entire show. I was in stitches at some of the lines his dad came out with and I felt so sorry for Teri. She should have binned Gadd off way earlier than she did. I hope she isn’t a real person, and is rather a mush mash of the people he dated back then, but with the way this is going he might as well have made a documentary.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Teri and Richard’s Dad were the only sensible ones in the entire show. I was in stitches at some of the lines his dad came out with and I felt so sorry for Teri. She should have binned Gadd off way earlier than she did. I hope she isn’t a real person, and is rather a mush mash of the people he dated back then, but with the way this is going he might as well have made a documentary.
Some writers do a drama and then a documentary too in order to more money out of it.

Has Gadd said anything about donating to any mh charities from.BR earnings?

Reactions: 2
We use the term ‘stalking’ here in the U.K. But I think Martha suffers from Erotomania which is a mental illness. Unrequited love, and willing to go over boundaries, and be unaware of the fear you create in the person you are fixated on. There is alson Limerence, which it’s a sort of infantile crushing on someone, and being unable to date and have romantic attachments with real people.
I can only fear that Martha will be renewed and angry enough to come after Gadd again.
And yes people should tell their stories, definately we should be warned about people who break the law and pose a threat to us. But he should have done a better job of disguising who she was.

Reactions: 15
After seeing the resemblance of the characters to those involved I’m going with Teri being 100% based on one person and not a mash up

Reactions: 11
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm far more curious about the true identity if 'Darrian', a rapist and predator who has probably targeted dozens of people, than the regular updating of incoherent rants from mentally ill woman.

Who is he?

Reactions: 24
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm far more curious about the true identity if 'Darrian', a rapist and predator who has probably targeted dozens of people, than the regular updating of incoherent rants from mentally ill woman.

Who is he?
I still think it is the person already mentioned

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.