Baby Reindeer Netflix #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry if it's already been said but people think it's Gary Reich because he's got a long history with RG around the right time, directed some of his work at Edinburgh Fringe before the real-life version of the freakout in the comedy show happened circa 2016. His production company Brown Eyed Boy had further involvement with RG e.g. one thing I spotted from a casual browse was RG had a very minor role in a BEB production which aired in 2017, before GR resigned as director.

Some timeline stuff I find interesting:
  • Netflix order production for 'Turn Up Charlie' (created by Idris Elba and Gary Reich) in April 2018 and it premieres in March 2019
  • 'Baby Reindeer' play debuts at Edinburgh Fringe summer 2019, does very well
  • 'Turn up Charlie' cancelled by Netflix in April 2020
  • 'Baby Reindeer' adaptation for Netflix announced December 2020
'Turn up Charlie' is the last thing Reich worked on according to IMDb. He also had a bunch of companies on Companies House, all of which are now either dissolved or he's not working at - 3 dissolutions/resignations happened post-2019 and 2 happened in March 2019.

Could all just be coincidence obviously- RG worked with others etc etc

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
Well it's not 100% fact because she didn't go to prison in real life, but who knows what else is made up for the story. I wouldn't have thought she'd get anywhere suing them for libel based on the show but who am I to say?! Would be kind of crazy if that happened.
I imagine any legal case will not be about libel but something about a duty of care, right to privacy, lack of due diligence… and would probably against Netflix for broadcast.

As mentioned in Richard Osman’s podcast, if this had been aired by BBC or ITV they would have done checks which ensured she wasn’t as easily identified as she has been.

Lawyers would have a field day and Netflix most likely would settle long before it got to any court.

Reactions: 7
I imagine any legal case will not be about libel but something about a duty of care, right to privacy, lack of due diligence… and would probably against Netflix for broadcast.

As mentioned in Richard Osman’s podcast, if this had been aired by BBC or ITV they would have done checks which ensured she wasn’t as easily identified as she has been.

Lawyers would have a field day and Netflix most likely would settle long before it got to any court.
She wants to sue not because of anything else in baby reindeer but the fact that they said she went to prison, thts her main irk with the whole thing! 🤣

• Haha
Yes!!!

It's been reported that she is a stalker who sent 41,071 emails, 350 hours of voicemails, 744 tweets, 46 Facebook messages and 106 letters to Richard.

BUT - how DARE they say she went to prison?!???!!!!

😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
She's unusually quiet...would be quite funny if she just never posted on that account again

Reactions: 3
Maybe she's copped a permaban from Facebook? She'll set up another account though, she's addicted to social media.
Possibly, would the account not be removed entirely in that circumstance? I don't have Facebook so no idea how it works! I also wondered if she's been pounced on by opportunistic lawyers and advised to stop posting ahead of initiating proceedings

Possibly, would the account not be removed entirely in that circumstance? I don't have Facebook so no idea how it works! I also wondered if she's been pounced on by opportunistic lawyers and advised to stop posting ahead of initiating proceedings
A man I know got banned from Facebook (not for anything like Martha's insane rants) and his account is still there. He asked me to access his photos and save them for him. I think you can appeal a Facebook ban.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I know I'm really late to the party on this one and I feel like I'm probably the only person on here to say this but I didn't like it , I don't get all the hype around it either I know it's a true story etc and I'm not "missing the point" i just didnt care for it i did finish it but I lost interest after episode 3 I did think Jessica Gunning was fab in it though

Reactions: 9
I can’t see her having the self control to voluntarily step away from Facebook.

Reactions: 6
It does seem to be a terrible idea, cruel and potentially unlawful to poke anyone accused of, or who have been prosecuted for stalking. If the Baby Reindeer story is true, then that woman should be left well alone. If she destroyed his life and mental health and emotional wellbeing M she could come after you too, and perhaps do a better job.

Who is ETA?
One thing that bothers me… isn’t ‘lawyer’ an American term? Don’t we use the terms ‘solicitor’ and ‘barrister’ in the UK and Ireland? Or is lawyer a thing as well?
As a solicitor in Scotland. Lawyer is a term that includes both solicitor and barrister so not technically incorrect

Reactions: 2
Not sure if it's been shared. Can't remember how to view it behind the paywall

REVEALED: The truth about the real-life 'Martha' from Baby Reindeer # via https://android.com

Your original link didn't work, but I still don't know how to go beyond the paywall 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.