Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Not_A_Troll

VIP Member
Can you imagine her standing up in court to give evidence? 😬 I know she’ll be getting a lot of advice but I get the impression she wouldn’t be able to help herself and would completely go off on one.

Reactions: 13

wiglay

If she starts on Piers I honestly think he will just have her arrested. Don’t like the guy but he seems very no nonsense, he did say he’s got a thick skin because of his career so wasn’t bothered but I can’t imagine him tolerating it if she started on his family

moldwarp

VIP Member
Gadd and Netflix haven’t confirmed Fiona is Martha, have they? So is Fiona’s legal case that she thinks this show is about her and therefore defames her, despite there being many details in the show that don’t apply to her and nobody involved in creating it has said it is her? Surely their defence is then simply ‘it isn’t about her’ and that’s the end of it. Otherwise anyone could say it’s about them and claim defamation. It makes no sense. I think she’s a narcissist rather than being mentally ill.
I think there's some legal precedent about that. Someone sued some author (Martin Amis I'm thinking???) for a character in a book who they believed was based on them. And there's been other cases too, some going quite far back.

Her legal team don't need to demonstrate that she IS the inspiration for the Martha character, just that enough of the public BELIEVE that she is the inspiration for it to have affected her reputation, peace of mind and/or livelihood. In that case, Gadd's team saying 'she isn't' wouldn't be enough (and I think any judge experienced in libel would take that sort of defence with a whole mine's worth of salt anyway lol).
---
Please see post 114 and read the link.
She stalked a woman working at a mental health facility 20 years ago.
I don't know what's wrong with 'Martha' but if you read that story she was obviously under the care of a psychiatric clinic at some point.
Yes, my BIL has too. Autistic people are way more likely than the general NT population to experience a serious mental health condition, and for it to fuck up their lives to the extent of needing hospitalisation or ending up in trouble with the law. (The number of people in prisons who are on the autism spectrum, and could have been free if they'd had the proper supprt and understanding at an earlier point, is a bugbear of mine but this isn't the place for ranting lol) I think she's a very unwell person in addition to being significantly neuro atypical..

The lawyers would have written the document but FH would have approved it & may have insisted on some wording. It definitely reads quite childish to me but maybe that's normal for the US.

It's interesting how she also didn't mention the matter involving Laura Wray, unless I missed it.

Asking for a jury trial has cheered me up, fingers crossed for another Depp v Heard rollercoaster!

Sir Lancelot

VIP Member
I don't know about you, but I often accidentally watch entire shows I'm not interested in, just like she does...
---
Regarding the 'true story' bit. It says the same at the beginning of the Blair Witch Project, it's just part of the drama.
This is the thing; many fictional movies/shows have this at the start (Blair Witch as you mention, Fargo, many others) and then often have a bit at the end explaining that characters/situations have been made-up.
However, the fact is, it does state "This is a true story" and that can be very misleading or confusing.
Still, he didn't name her or specifically say it was about her so having a fictional character go to court isn't the same as making a biopic with real names and saying "Fiona went to court and then prison".

As you say, she's very unpleasant or, at least, comes across that way in her myriad recent facebook rants.

pickledfoot

Chatty Member
She talks about suing for defamation, what on earth does she think will happen to her
And ruining her own case at the same time, I don’t think she even realises.

What if the ending becomes true, she says something bad enough on Facebook that Gadd can finally press charges lol

Square Peg

I can't understand how she can be on benefits. She has no obvious health conditions (if you ignore the mh issues). She's apparently a qualified lawyer living in London where there would be plenty of jobs. My guess is she is on pip due to mh issues 🤔
PIP alone wouldn’t pay for her rent, she must get housing benefit too. She also has diabetes, which doesn’t sound like she can control.
---
How long before she gets pissed off with her legal team and turns on them, she’ll be back on Facebook before we know it 😂😂

• Haha

evoway13

VIP Member
She said he propositioned her and she turned him down as he had a big green zit on his face......then added she had a boyfriend

• Haha
  • Wow

houseofhoop

VIP Member
Not to derail the thread, but Jessica Gunning (from Baby Reindeer) is in The Outlaws and series 3 is available on BBC iPlayer now. She’s such a fabulous actress

• Heart

iieee

VIP Member
It's quite odd to me that she's saying in the filing that everything said about her in the programme is untrue, but at the same time they're taking everything about Gadd from the show as writ - that he masturbated over her, that he was a meth addict (I'm not even sure it said that, just that he used it) etc. Plus all the over emotive narc language at the start. It does read like she wrote it.

evoway13

VIP Member
Wow, Fiona Harvey’s American lawyers have absolutely no idea of what they’re dealing with. During an interview, the lawyer was asked if he knew about the 276 emails to Sir Keir Starmer - and the lawyer replied ‘well, if you’re trying to lobby for change, I can understand people constantly getting in touch with their MP’s’ - wait until he finds out that she said Sir Keir doesn’t have a ‘proper’ law degree ( he does - from Leeds and Oxford) - his wife is ‘ugly’ - Sir Keir is spineless - the list goes on! When asked about the 40,000 emails, her lawyer said that there’s no record of that but, they haven’t been through discovery yet!

• Wow
  • Haha

evoway13

VIP Member
It would sort of serve him right at this point. Apparently he had Laura Wray on his show too - the solicitor who gave FH her first job. That poor woman was hounded for 5 years by FH who reported her to social services for abusing her child (a made up lie) and put her through hell.
Apparently she had to get some sort of court order to stop the harassment. Piers then had a discussion panel another day and dismissed FH as a troll not a proper stalker because she'd finally left Laura alone!
Laura found out that FH repeated her vile behaviour in her next job and after she was sacked by the next firm of solicitors she did exactly the same to her 2nd boss (a man this time) where she phoned social services and said he was abusing his children.
If Fiona does get a pay out, I hope her victims sue her! She's vile

Reactions: 12

CaptainHolt

"loved the thought of someone being utterly consumed by his existence until it got in the way of his other relationships"

He made that abundantly clear in the show though, he encouraged her and missed her attention when it was temporarily gone.

He said things were changed all along - that it's a true story with changes to both protect her identity (failed spectacularly!) and help the storyline along (no prosecution IRL but helped tidy up the ending of the show being one example).

I don't for a second think he's a decent bloke, he persued fame at quite a cost it seems. But time and time again when people say "Well Gadd did xyz" he's already shown it in BR and or FH has inadvertently backed up what he's said with one of her crazed rants.

troutpout69

VIP Member
There’s also an email sent from Fiona from the Baby Reindeer book. He knew she would come for his money and I have no doubt he already was prepared for the backlash, from both personal and legal perspectives.

An email from the book. Made me raise an eyebrow

Made me think it’s more intentional. I mean isn’t that what she said she’s doing now? Going after Netflix and Gadd. Idk

View attachment 2949456View attachment 2949457
Delightful! I hope this bitch gets what she deserves! No sympathy!

evoway13

VIP Member
I wanted to comment on a post from the previous thread........Fiona claiming to have had a size 12 figure - her old photos don't show this - she looked very plump in the face area when she was younger - with a bit of a double chin starting......

1715987112544.png
1715987126102.png
1715987149832.png
1715987233209.png

• Wow
  • Haha