Baby Reindeer #4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Previous thread: https://tattle.life/threads/baby-reindeer-netflix-3.45175/

Please continue here. As always please be respectful of others as we have our own opinions and experiences to share.

Viewer discretion: The show portrays stalking, sexual assault and rape. (The show is on Netflix).

If you need confidential support please click on this link and below are links for a number of services that you can contact: https://sexualabusesupport.campaign.gov.uk/#get_confidential_support

England and Wales: https://rapecrisis.org.uk/get-help/want-to-talk/

Scotland: https://sexualabusesupport.campaign.gov.uk/#get_confidential_support

Northern Ireland: https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/getting-help-after-sexual-violence

As stated in the past few threads, people have found the real "Martha" aka Fiona Harvey but please don't message or interact with her as it is not in your best interests. Her posts are full of Islamophobia, racism and homophobia. She also downplays and questions other's experiences of sexual assault and rape so generally not a pleasant read.

Shw appears to disappear from and reappear on Facebook which is perhaps to temporary bans.

Fiona was interviewd by Piers Morgan which you can watch by clicking on the link below:

Be warned, it is full of contradictions and hypocrisy so don't expect too much from the interview. She has a photographic memory one minute and the next she can't recall how many times she met Richard Gadd, how many times she emailed him or her uni exam results.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I wanted to comment on a post from the previous thread........Fiona claiming to have had a size 12 figure - her old photos don't show this - she looked very plump in the face area when she was younger - with a bit of a double chin starting......

1715987112544.png
1715987126102.png
1715987149832.png
1715987233209.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
She’s got a bloody cheek! She’s a right lard arse and no oil painting herself!
I think I read somewhere that the actress, Jessica who played Martha, wore a fat suit.....she's around a size 20-22 normally but, they made her around a size 28

Reactions: 9
I wanted to comment on a post from the previous thread........Fiona claiming to have had a size 12 figure - her old photos don't show this - she looked very plump in the face area when she was younger - with a bit of a double chin starting......

View attachment 2942592View attachment 2942593View attachment 2942594View attachment 2942595
I think it shows how delusional she is. She views a completely different reality from us where she is a successful and very attractive woman with lots of friends who are also very well educated with great jobs and plenty of lawyer friends. I have no idea if she created a life that doesn't exist as a coping mechanism, and over time, she genuinely believed it to be real or that she is just very comfortable telling lies. Whichever it is, her views about her life on social media are very different from the reality she lives because she is indeed alone and very isolated with no real relationships and social connections.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Richard Gadd's ex-colleague says his 'stalker' was targeted as a joke

Well you could say that joke backfired, but he has what he wanted, fame. I thought it would be a matter of time until witnesses started coming forward.

Reactions: 15
I think I read somewhere that the actress, Jessica who played Martha, wore a fat suit.....she's around a size 20-22 normally but, they made her around a size 28

I've seen her in other stuff and this is her natural size. Fantastic actress and very pretty but I don't think she wore a fat suit.

Reactions: 10

Well you could say that joke backfired, but he has what he wanted, fame. I thought it would be a matter of time until witnesses started coming forward.
Got to say that this woman’s account is much closer to how I think it really went down.

Reactions: 21
Got to say that this woman’s account is much closer to how I think it really went down.
Same. I've long thought Fiona was used for jokes and she hasn't realised. Gadd didn't know that she would go full on stalker.

Reactions: 18
I'm sorry, but isnt this what was shown on the show too? That they made jokes and then it escalated?

The woman sounds like she tries to minimize what Fiona/Martha has done.

Edit: I came here to say that Piers Morgan gets on my nerves, he is clearly pushing very hard the narrative that Netflix/Gadd lied about her being jailed, when Netflix had disclaimers showing that some parts are fictionalized and when Gadd said it before the show aired too, he is completely ignoring these things and seems more concerned about how the offender can strike back than about the offenders actions. What a scumbag.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I think a few things can be true, Richard Gadd joked and encouraged certain behaviour but he was still a victim of being stalked and his family being harassed and that the real Martha is vulnerable and alone but is also a stalker and a very unkind person.

Reactions: 42

Tbf, I don’t really think that article says ‘much’. It’s lots of words to discredit 2 things that happened in the programme.

Reactions: 10
I'm sorry, but isnt this what was shown on the show too? That they made jokes and then it escalated?

The woman sounds like she tries to minimize what Fiona/Martha has done.

Edit: I came here to say that Piers Morgan gets on my nerves, he is clearly pushing very hard the narrative that Netflix/Gadd lied about her being jailed, when Netflix had disclaimers showing that some parts are fictionalized and when Gadd said it before the show aired too, he is completely ignoring these things and seems more concerned about how the offender can strike back than about the offenders actions. What a scumbag.
Nah the show shows that Gadd’s two mates and colleagues were laughing at him and Martha and sending her the anal sex email; Gadd himself was portrayed as an unwilling participant who was also bullied by them and hated their toxic masculinity cos he’s such, ya know, a sweet and sensitive flower and didn’t partake in provoking a sick woman at all

Nah the show shows that Gadd’s two mates and colleagues were laughing at him and Martha and sending her the anal sex email; Gadd himself was portrayed as an unwilling participant who was also bullied by them and hated their toxic masculinity cos he’s such, ya know, a sweet and sensitive flower and didn’t partake in provoking a sick woman at all
no, what you mean was later in the show when it already escalated. in the first episode werent the other guys in the bar trying to push them very hard into being a thing (jokingly) and he went along with it? And then she thought it was serious? It's exactly what this article also implies?

Imo, it's a lot different if, as the article says, she was already a regular (didn't go in there only to see Gadd), sat at a table in the corner (didn't go to sit at the bar to be close to him, for the whole of his shift), only went in 2 or 3 times a week (not every day), didn't get anything free off him.

Reactions: 14
no, what you mean was later in the show when it already escalated. in the first episode werent the other guys in the bar trying to push them very hard into being a thing (jokingly) and he went along with it? And then she thought it was serious? It's exactly what this article also implies?
Exactly! I took it that he egged her along to fit in with the "laddish" colleagues and he knew it was wrong but he did it anyway.

When i watched it I took it that he was saying he took the piss out of her for his own social standing, to look good and fit in with the gang in the pub. The pub staff were portrayed as misogynistic, it was shown numerous times to be a toxic environment and RG portrayed himself as part of that.

I don't get the article making out like this is new information?
---
Imo, it's a lot different if, as the article says, she was already a regular (didn't go in there only to see Gadd), sat at a table in the corner (didn't go to sit at the bar to be close to him, for the whole of his shift), only went in 2 or 3 times a week (not every day), didn't get anything free off him.
He said he'd changed some stuff to fit the retellling of the story and to protect Martha's identity (badly!). The sitting at the bar could be part of the changes?

Reactions: 15
Fiona says she only met him 2-3 times 😂 .......yet he supposedly recorded her 350 times in the Hawley (Fiona's 'explanation' behind the 350 voicemails)

• Haha
Reactions: 14