Baby Reindeer #4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He said he'd changed some stuff to fit the retellling of the story and to protect Martha's identity (badly!). The sitting at the bar could be part of the changes?
But where she sat wasn't identifying information. No one would be able to track her from where she sat in the pub, unless they already knew her. It makes a big difference in the story, because she is much more clearly stalking him if she sits right next to him for hours, only coming to the pub to talk to him. If she did sit far away from him, she wasn't constantly speaking to him, so it's an important difference.

Reactions: 11
Some people I’ve spoken to about this whole thing think is some kind of huge PR exercise for Netflix and that they knew perfectly well the real Martha at least would be very quickly found out. Not sure about the very spurious Darrian. 🤬 Netflix’s fortunes were looking rather bleak a few years ago with many unsubscribing and there was no fresh, interesting content. Up comes along Ripley (amazing) then this, which was supposedly meant to be niche content and fly under the radar with Gadd saying he never ever expected it to be seen by that many, except it was advertised on my Netflix home screen many many times before I actually clicked onto it wondering what the hell baby reinder actually meant.

Others think it’s a black mirror type social experiment and all that is happening now was planned all along and someone is watching it all play out in real time.

Anything is possible in these times I guess. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Wow she is on one tonight. She's been awake more than I have and I've been up with my teething baby. Reading her rants has got me through the night but it is starting to wear a bit thin now.

Reactions: 11
She really is a vile piece of work! I knew she’s end up turning on PM! Now she’s saying Gadd has got HIV! I’ve never heard so much vitriol coming from someone!

Reactions: 24
She is back on Facebook proving what an unpleasant person she is.

Martha -fictional character 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Heart
Reactions: 19
She talks about suing for defamation, what on earth does she think will happen to her
And ruining her own case at the same time, I don’t think she even realises.

What if the ending becomes true, she says something bad enough on Facebook that Gadd can finally press charges lol

Reactions: 13
Has anyone here liked any of her Facebook posts or even messaged her?
I see her posts get interaction by likes/emoji responses and that although you can't add her as a friend you can message her.

I should point out I've no intention of doing any of that and don't think anyone should; discussing people on Tattle is one thing but directly messaging them on their social media is most likely trolling and out of order.
---
And ruining her own case at the same time, I don’t think she even realises.

What if the ending becomes true, she says something bad enough on Facebook that Gadd can finally press charges lol
She is very much likely to get in trouble; saying he has HIV, for a start, will not do her any favours.

The Netflix show doesn't name her and as far as I'm aware Gadd hasn't either.
She has outed herself.
Yes, she was easy for people to find and he didn't do anything to hide her identity (he simply named the character Martha) but she could have removed the most identifying tweets and not commented on this; clearly, she is loving the attention.

I hope she gets what she wants from all of this and that Gadd isn't damaged further (and that something actually happens re. his rapist).

Reactions: 14
It's sad she associates being gay with HIV like she does. She uses Gadd being gay as an insult against him. He's not gay, I'm right to say he's bisexual ? She's so venomous

Reactions: 26
It's sad she associates being gay with HIV like she does. She uses Gadd being gay as an insult against him. He's not gay, I'm right to say he's bisexual ? She's so venomous
I think he might have told her he was gay in an attempt to try and put her off. If he told her he was bisexual, she would still have thought she stood a chance!

From reading her ramblings - I've figured she's not ill - just evil

Reactions: 17