Baby Reindeer #4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's quite odd to me that she's saying in the filing that everything said about her in the programme is untrue, but at the same time they're taking everything about Gadd from the show as writ - that he masturbated over her, that he was a meth addict (I'm not even sure it said that, just that he used it) etc. Plus all the over emotive narc language at the start. It does read like she wrote it.

Reactions: 13
This is what they’ve filed in America. It’s a hilarious read albeit horribly jarring in its Americanisations and hyperbole.

Not sure if I’ve missed it but I can’t see anything where she denies attacking his girlfriend / being transphobic in the pub? Is it because there is possibly a record somewhere of this incident so they’ve left it out? 🤔 I’d have thought they’d have been quick to include that as untrue too.

Reactions: 4
I haven't read the whole court document left, but I laughed at this paragraph:

Screenshot 2024-06-08 at 01.24.03.png

I like how they've just skimmed past how she stalked someone else; an accusation taken so seriously that a newspaper wrote an article about it.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I hope she receives NOTHING, not a penny. I personally feel this is just an extension of her stalking - to make his life hell and destroy any happiness.

She’s said some disgusting things about him on her Facebook, you’re telling me he can’t counter sue for very CLEAR defamation, using his correct name etc?!

She really needs to get some mental health support.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
It's quite odd to me that she's saying in the filing that everything said about her in the programme is untrue, but at the same time they're taking everything about Gadd from the show as writ - that he masturbated over her, that he was a meth addict (I'm not even sure it said that, just that he used it) etc. Plus all the over emotive narc language at the start. It does read like she wrote it.
She didn’t write it. A lawyer did. And they’re trying to discredit Gadd - hence emphasising he took drugs/followed her home etc.

Reactions: 1
I meant ‘a legal reputation’ as in, a ‘reputation’ in a legal sense rather than general. Someone who has seemingly not worked for a very long time - again Laura Wray seemed to confirm this - does not have any job prospects, there is plainly no prospect of her arguing that. Out of interest do you actually have any legal background at all?
So someone who hasn’t worked for a long time isn’t more appealing to hire for say a shop job or a cleaning job than someone known to be a sex offender? I know which of the two I’d rather hire.

Unless she’s dead, she has job prospects. It might not be a glamorous job, but a job is a job.

I don’t have legal background, never claimed I have 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 5
So someone who hasn’t worked for a long time isn’t more appealing to hire for say a shop job or a cleaning job than someone known to be a sex offender? I know which of the two I’d rather hire.

Unless she’s dead, she has job prospects. It might not be a glamorous job, but a job is a job.

I don’t have legal background, never claimed I have 🤷‍♀️
Thought not.
The point is that a court is not going to find that someone who has been on benefits for tens of years has any realistic job prospects to have ‘lost’. Realistically Fiona is never going to work again and she doesn’t have a job loss or prospect of losing a profession because she’s been defamed. You can’t seem to separate the way a court would view things and how the average person might, they aren’t the same.
---
I hope she receives NOTHING, not a penny. I personally feel this is just an extension of her stalking - to make his life hell and destroy any happiness.
Quite. I was glad to see Netflix say they will defend this, she’s now using legal proceedings to keep bullying Gadd. Also can’t see an American court wanting to restrict what can and can’t be shown in TV dramas given all the references to Los Angeles…it’s a big business. The firm she’s instructed don’t look very good if you skim their website

• Heart
She didn’t write it. A lawyer did. And they’re trying to discredit Gadd - hence emphasising he took drugs/followed her home etc.
I don't doubt it. Just that the language used feels quite unprofessional to me.

Reactions: 6
Why is the filing in the States?
...because Netflix is American and the claim for damages is huge over there........Prince Harry was stalked by phone hackers and only got something like £300k over here
---
The lawyers use her words - basically like a police statement......so, it's not written by lawyers

It might also be that English lawyers have now told her she has no chance but the American ones would give it a go. A bit like when there’s cases like Charlie Gard, the treating doctors have all the info, doctors from abroad fall over themselves to offer a treatment without the full facts then can’t when they do have the info.

It’s very dramatic, we wouldn’t write like that in legal documents over here

• Heart
Reactions: 7
The lawyers use her words - basically like a police statement......so, it's not written by lawyers
It is though. No one writes their own witness statement etc. they have an interview but it’s composed by lawyers.

Not sure why they called her a lawyer though. That definitely ain’t true!

• Haha
She took the (then) CPE in 2005 I think the submission said…some years after her other legal degrees, also on Piers’ show she said she did a politics degree as well but there’s no mention of that. She seems to be living in a world of her own

Reactions: 5
My niece did a law degree, then had to do the diploma to get a legal traineeship. She was at a Scottish Uni too. The traineeship is the final stage of qualifying in Law. To apply to the traineeship you need a degree in Scots law, the diploma and an entrance certificate from the Law Society of Scotland. Once you do the traineeship you are fully qualified.

My niece doubts that FH is a fully qualified lawyer. So has most certainly never practiced either. The behaviour mentioned by Laura Wray would indicate that FH has probably never held down a job, but in her delusional way tells people she is a lawyer. Because she believes she is despite not being one.

Reactions: 17
But Fargo put "this is a true story" at the start of every episode and none of that is true.

Edit to add: maybe that's where Gadd comes unstuck, he used too much of the real story to deny it now I guess? Such as the emails word for word.
But that’s completely irrelevant because there was no real people involved. What Fargo said is irrelevant as nobody was affected.

Reactions: 1
I’m sure Netflix makes sure to cover their asses before going ahead with anything, they’ve dealt worse accusations to much bigger people.

Reactions: 9
I’m sure Netflix makes sure to cover their asses before going ahead with anything, they’ve dealt worse accusations to much bigger people.
They're definitely fighting it and I don't blame them.........

Reactions: 6
The lawyers would have written the document but FH would have approved it & may have insisted on some wording. It definitely reads quite childish to me but maybe that's normal for the US.

It's interesting how she also didn't mention the matter involving Laura Wray, unless I missed it.

Asking for a jury trial has cheered me up, fingers crossed for another Depp v Heard rollercoaster!

Reactions: 13
I’m surprised they asked for a jury trial because she comes across terribly on PM’s show and I don’t think a jury will take to her at all. The way Gadd wrote her was much more sympathetic than how she is in real life IMO. I felt sorry for Martha, Gadd wrote her like she was a victim of her own mind, Fiona couldn’t be further from that. She struggled with Piers’ questioning, in the States I believe they have less stringent rules on how to cross examine than we do here, I reckon she would completely fall apart with under a ruthless cross examination. Very strange strategic choice.

I think considering she’s clearly off her rocker, she did very well on Piers’ show. That was like a gentle cross-examination.

Reactions: 3