Baby Led Weaning Cookbook - aka Natalie Peall

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As if. No one wants to see her come to any harm. We're just slagging off your dirty home, dodgy fillers and brows and your awful clothes that you sell. Smacks of damage control on some of the other stories as she knows that she's directed people here.
I was SO SO tempted to ask about the charity donations in that q&a

Reactions: 1
Oh how ridiculous. I do hope she’s ok though. No one wants anyone to die, get hurt, even hysterically cry. It’s just I followed what I thought was a baby led weaning account - a business based baby led weaning account - and was met with disparaging comments about her mother in law and how jogging bottoms on babies were trashy. Now as a new mum who dresses her kid in joggers I had to vent. Felt kinda weird / alienated which isn’t what you need from a mum led Insta page! Of course I don’t really give a tit but it’s like come on...you’re making your business look bad.

Reactions: 9
Oh I totally missed her saying jogging bottoms were trashy. Ehhhh. What a twit saying that on a baby food account - like why?!! What has it got to do with feeding kids. I have to say, since reading this thread I think she’s a bit of a tit! And roll eyes about another instagrammer calling troll when she’s not even trolled; her content is simply discussed on another site.

Reactions: 2
I think she unknowingly alienated a lot of her followers because I felt the exact same. When I first found her I was starting our weaning journey, she hadn’t had the twins yet and so o&a wasn’t even a thing. Her page was about weaning, with the occasional bit of personal ranting / raving like any normal mum. She was relatable, funny and incredibly friendly in her DM’s. Now though, her recipes are unoriginal/copied from other influencers, her page is 99% an advert for o&a which would have been to my taste if it weren’t for the extortionate prices. I’m all for supporting small, and I love babies in rompers. So when she announced o&a I thought they’d be perfect. However at over £30 a pop I can’t be dressing a child that needs a new wardrobe every 3-6 months in clothes at that price. It’s ridiculous. Also the babies in joggers comment makes me LOL based on the sole fact that she’s put her baby boys in tights on a regular basis. Leggings are okay up to a certain age, but I think once they are walking they need something looser and more comfortable!!

• Heart
I think she unknowingly alienated a lot of her followers because I felt the exact same. When I first found her I was starting our weaning journey, she hadn’t had the twins yet and so o&a wasn’t even a thing. Her page was about weaning, with the occasional bit of personal ranting / raving like any normal mum. She was relatable, funny and incredibly friendly in her DM’s. Now though, her recipes are unoriginal/copied from other influencers, her page is 99% an advert for o&a which would have been to my taste if it weren’t for the extortionate prices. I’m all for supporting small, and I love babies in rompers. So when she announced o&a I thought they’d be perfect. However at over £30 a pop I can’t be dressing a child that needs a new wardrobe every 3-6 months in clothes at that price. It’s ridiculous. Also the babies in joggers comment makes me LOL based on the sole fact that she’s put her baby boys in tights on a regular basis. Leggings are okay up to a certain age, but I think once they are walking they need something looser and more comfortable!!
Yes. I completely agree with this comment. It all changed once she got pregnant with the twins and then further down the line started O+A. Used to be friendly, I’ve messaged her quite a few times and we’ve had some nice chats. And I agree on the prices. Okay, for handmade rompers maybe I’d splurge £30 here and there. But not the stuff she’s flogging now. That you can easily find on eBay, Amazon, Ali express, SHEIN for a fraction of the price. She said they’re not yet turning a profit. Hence why the change in direction of what the website has now turned into, as seems like she’s actually doing quite well now.

However I do not agree on your comment about leggings 😂😂 My son is 4 and he loooooves to wear leggings 😂

The BLWCB account of several years ago and what we see now are two totally different things. There has always been a moany undertone and I personally have never liked the level of disparaging comments about poor Annabelle. We all slag our kids off from time to time but it’s always felt wrong to me to do it to SO many people. I can’t get my head around the mentality of sharing SO much of your life online, let alone sharing so much about your children, especially as she doesn’t seem to like being a Mum That much.

The minor annoyance has escalated for me personally watching the whole mental health saga play out. It is such an important issue and I don’t feel like Natalie has used her following in a way which empowers women or encourages positive, healthy conversation around the topic. I wonder how many people would have seen her moan about therapy and how it didn’t work and felt like there was no point getting help? She was incredibly brave to speak up about her experiences but it feels like she’s almost turning it into her own USP at this point in time. The 10% of profits going to charity is a perfect example of this, fair enough if you’re not turning a profit yet but if you’ve not broken even after a year and you’re still investing so much into new stock then there are some glaring issues about the validity of the business and I cannot help but wonder how they keep going with no stable income and still have money for costly cosmetic procedures. Something doesn’t add up there for me and yet we’re still being sold the ideal that 10% of our ridiculously high purchase price will be used to help mental health charities.

The negativity about being a parent to multiples is another prime example of not thinking about her audience too, I’d be tit scared if I was pregnant with twins and seeing life being portrayed in this way. It doesn’t help anyone at all to constantly moan about how hard it is especially when you’ve got such a robust support network in place. Anyone who has had a baby holds a silent respect for a multiple mamma as we all know it’s hard work. We don’t need it rammed down our throats and to be constantly invited to Natalie’s pity party. There are so many twin and triplets accounts out there who are honest about the hardships but share so much joy - Nadia Thorburn and her hubby being a prime example.

Reactions: 4
I agree, I think there’s a big difference between showing your normal mum life struggles that we all know all too well (and let’s face it, they ARE hard I am not disputing that whatsoever) and just being completely negative towards your children and life in general. Yes they’re clingy, fussy, grumpy when teething but they also bring an immeasurable amount of joy. There’s never any focus on the positives just pure negatives and it’s really quite draining to watch. I’d be really worried about her if I was her friend... there’s something lacking and I hope the therapy she is getting helps her
Also... for the love of god we KNOW you’re busy 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Her negativity is a mixture of her depression and mental health issues, for which i really sympathise with and the fact that she's a dick. Honestly the stuff she's planning to sell on o and a is revolting, and so expensive. Thanks hun, but I'll stick to boden with a discount code for not much more. This whole apparently only really loving scandi clothes on kids. What went wrong with Annabelle? (Nothing Annabelle dresses like most 5 year old girls)

After she had the twins and had been diagnosed with PND I remember thinking that I hoped she had good honest friends in her life as well as her husband.
At a time when the focus should be on getting well and enjoying her little family she decided to launch a new business on top of the business she already has. Then her husband leaves his full time job to join the business. That must be so stressful on top of everything else.
You wonder if anybody in her life was honest enough to say please stop, take a breath, work on yourself and focus on getting better.

agree with everything above! Also, when I first started following about 4 years ago, she was moaning about all the other BLW businesses starting up and copying her. However, she is now perfectly happy to buy designs you can find on multiple other websites and resell them!

Yes. I completely agree with this comment. It all changed once she got pregnant with the twins and then further down the line started O+A. Used to be friendly, I’ve messaged her quite a few times and we’ve had some nice chats. And I agree on the prices. Okay, for handmade rompers maybe I’d splurge £30 here and there. But not the stuff she’s flogging now. That you can easily find on eBay, Amazon, Ali express, SHEIN for a fraction of the price. She said they’re not yet turning a profit. Hence why the change in direction of what the website has now turned into, as seems like she’s actually doing quite well now.

However I do not agree on your comment about leggings 😂😂 My son is 4 and he loooooves to wear leggings 😂
🤣🤣 that’s fair enough. My little one has super chunky legs, leggings are not flattering on him anymore.

I can’t see her slowing down. Her job is everything
to her. I honestly dont think she wants to work on having a better relationship with her babies. Notice how she’s all smiles and happy when talking about the businesses but looks miserable and YeH with her kids. Those photos she’s shared on stories show her holding the bubs bottle so she doesn’t even need to look at the poor thing. She’s entirely disconnected from those kids. She makes feeding a baby a bottle look like the most depressing thing ever . No attention is given to the poor thing :( he’s turned away from her so she doesn’t even need to look at him

Almost identical leggings for £25 cheaper on Amazon

Also I found the site she gets her new stuff from. It’s a website called nova London and it’s a whole salers. She’s really upping the price
How can she be happy with this business ‘direction’,having apparently graduating a fashion degree as well as a keen interest in it?!

She also said not long ago that on a women business WhatsApp group she’s part of, ‘lots of women are saying they’re turning away from childrenswear’. I think if you don’t have a concept, a really strong business ethos and idea and commitment behind you then yeah you would turn away from it as it’s not going to be profitable otherwise. Some of the businesses I follow selling childrenswear are thriving - look at mutha hood, love bee baby, didi and bud, the little worne store, being just a handful that I follow. It took time to get to where they are but they persevered, have obviously produced good quality products, often hand made that people love. Natalie clearly wanted instant rewards for her new business which doesn’t happen over night or even in a year.

How can she be happy with this business ‘direction’,having apparently graduating a fashion degree as well as a keen interest in it?!

She also said not long ago that on a women business WhatsApp group she’s part of, ‘lots of women are saying they’re turning away from childrenswear’. I think if you don’t have a concept, a really strong business ethos and idea and commitment behind you then yeah you would turn away from it as it’s not going to be profitable otherwise. Some of the businesses I follow selling childrenswear are thriving - look at mutha hood, love bee baby, didi and bud, the little worne store, being just a handful that I follow. It took time to get to where they are but they persevered, have obviously produced good quality products, often hand made that people love. Natalie clearly wanted instant rewards for her new business which doesn’t happen over night or even in a year.
Ultimately - I think it comes down to wanting make a quick buck. I think she probably bit off more than she could chew and invested heavily at a time when she clearly wasn’t mentally well and it has spiralled from there. The portrayal we’re getting is that they’re in survival mode and desperately trying to make this a viable business because they have no other choice. I’ve said it before but it’s very sad to watch. They may be selling a lot of items right now but with no direction, what’s next? It’s now no longer empowerment products and switched to garments which are supposed to be a one size fits all approach to making women feel good about themselves rather than acknowledging diversity.

Her comments about her parents were very telling yesterday and them saying that they don’t feel comfortable doing childcare with her around. What a strange dynamic and I can’t help but come back to how she has accused her parents of abuse many many times.

I will say this though, reading these threads is obviously having some impact because this weeks content has been totally different which would suggest that Natalie is more concerned about our opinions than she lets on. I will literally jump for joy when we see that first charitable donation being made!

She certainly seems to favour one of those twins - the more cute one. Yes I said it, she favours the cuter one.

Has anyone seen her stories. Getting the police involved apparently. Did anyone see the post her 'bestie' apparently wrote.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.