Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

crossroads2727

Chatty Member
Michelle & Zara handled the price Andrew backlash SO poorly. There were literally hundreds of comments on their Instagram with people expressing their disappointment and they completely ignored it

Reactions: 10

mfch

Zara and Michelle are very upper middle class. Zara I think more than Michelle. She was private school, Michelle I think was public but well heeled South Eastern suburbs of Melbourne. Both are very conventional looking. Both did comms degrees and then went to Mamamia. They are super privileged. Nice enough girls! But not exactly battlers lol

Reactions: 10

BumbleBeeMarmalade

Dream scenario would be if her and Jacob had a falling out because of the ex, and that now that he is gone, Rosie and Jacob patch things up and MAGIC the podcast comes back and all is well in the world ;)

I wonder what's happening with the podcast she said she was going to do with her teenage niece, about teen pregnancy.

Anyone going to the Confessions Live thing with Rosie in Melbourne on Saturday? It's sold out, was hoping there was a Tattler there to spill any tea

Reactions: 9
The outspoken wedding - is it me or does the bride have a wedding dress in white and the bridesmaid dresses are the exact same/very similar style but in a colour?

shh77

VIP Member
The last episode Of Outspoken really felt like they had nothing to talk about? The last bit lost me, like who cares?
I have no idea of half the people they talk about and I do feel I follow a few trashy people 😂
Considering their tag line “Hello and welcome to Outspoken, it’s your dose of the hottest influencer and pop culture news twice a week” ……like REALLY?!?! 🫠🫠🫠🫠
….feels almost like they talk about these randos we’ve never heard of, to minimise any backlash and so they don’t have more well known people coming after them 🤔🤷‍♀️

I have to admit I found the campaign pretty icky and I’ve worked on my dodgy campaigns before. If this was America I’d totally be going to the police but it came across more like a prank.

I agree that it was a stupid campaign…I definitely saw people post about it in real time when they were getting packages and most people said it was a bit “strange” or “intriguing”….I thought she just really had an overblown look at it. Maybe she was just stressed and it was poor timing. But I’m sorry I did chuckle when she said to the police “please don’t let my family be the ones who slip through the cracks of your broken system” just a hint of the dramatic there, considering she’s barely a public figure.

• Haha
  • Wow
Can we discuss other podcasts too? Like life uncut? The mums edit etc

I really used to love my podcasts -outspoken is probably the only one I still listen to regularly but agree the girls can be a bit annoying I suppose for lack of a better word

so dramatic was good when they first launched but now MP seems really arrogant also she has been reporting on SC lots but just seems to run with whatever she is told without properly investigating it

Yeah I feel it was a subtle dig at Jacob. Some shit definitely went down between them
"The next post on the Patreon will be a hard one. Maybe the hardest one.

Its about a friendship ending. A big friendship. It’s about the pain, the grief, but also the feeling of freedom, that comes with letting go of a relationship that you’ve been in for the longest time, but doesn’t feel good to be in anymore, and hasn’t for a while.

I don't want to pay money for it but I definitely want to know what she says. I miss Jacob's voice more than hers - felt he had a more natural empathy to his stories.

kjs22

SOTM was excellent in the first season. I haven’t been able to listen since then. VD just became so out of touch at some point

Why are Outspoken so obsessed with Molly Mae? She’s a random British reality star, is she well known at all in Australia?

But then I can see a couple of small Aussie businesses trying to send her stuff, so maybe I’m just way out of the loop 😂

Gem and Revz spent a good 5 mins in Friday’s episode explaining/justifying why Gem isn’t privileged! Must’ve been reading here 🙃
Yeah I thought that was funny. “When we came back from South America we had NOTHING so we moved in with my husbands parents…” ok so you had parents in SYDNEY to live with lol. And your husband has a good education and a high paying job. That’s definitely nothing. God love her, she’s hard working or entrepreneurial or whatever but it’s soo sooooooo different to people who have run of the mill jobs and don’t have parents they can live with until they save etc. Sophie P and her husband have become very apparently extremely wealthy to me. I’m guessing they both come from financially well off back grounds. I think it’s a bit jarring when they feel like friends through the podcasts, but at the end of the day, they’re wealthy people who are friendly and funny and interesting…but they’re not actually on our levels. It’s fine, I think I just need to adjust my expectations I think. But it grates a bit to hear they whinge. Suppose I could just not listen lol

• Heart

Blueshirts

Chatty Member
I have no words...

IMG_20230418_091849.jpg

From the life uncut podcast group.

How long do we give Britt and her soccer player? Over by Christmas?

• Haha

macrofriendly

VIP Member
There’s no denying the Shameless girls have great chemistry together, but god I’d love a podcast with Zara and a different cohost. Zara usually contributes considered, interesting takes on their stories, whilst Michelle is all “yeahhh” “it’s giving…..” “snort snort snort”.
The snorting was out of control this week, it was making me hyperventilate I swear 😂

My partner is still very close to girls he was friends with in school, past female work colleagues etc- they hang out on their own and chat whenever they want. I *gained* all these beautiful people as my friends too- they’re not any type of threat to me or my relationship. Similarly, I have several really close male friends I often see without my partner- if he was jealous or upset about that I would find it absolutely unacceptable. Keen to hear what you all think? For age context I’m 30 so pretty similar to Michelle I think.
Yes to all of this and same! Does it mean lesbians can’t have female friends? You’re really shit out of luck if you’re bi!! I don’t follow the logic at all. Seems like really outdated thinking, unless her husband has given her a reason not to trust him.

• Heart

Love_hate_small_town

Chatty Member
Arghhh I’m glad the shameless girls dropped the ‘journalist’ tag from their intro. They are so clueless sometimes when it comes to the media. They were talking about the prince harry virginity loss to an older woman and how the woman told her story to the Sun. They are making fun of her for doing it - “no one knew it was you! Hahahah, you didn’t have to tell anyone hahahaha”. The sun on Sunday fecking knew it was her and so did a heap of other publications who would’ve been trying to track her down as soon as his book came out. When they found her they would’ve given her the option of - your words or ours. If you leave it to them it is way less favourable, they dig up dirt around you, less flattering etc. telling her story is the lesser of two evils.

I cannot believe they don’t know this.

in other news… does anyone listen to ‘Sit with us?’ I do and o have no idea why. It’s truly bad.Lots of talking over one another,Ella seems lovely but is so thick bless her and Dom is only ever a moment away from being cancelled. Loved the drama between her and Megan P though lol.

Blueshirts

Chatty Member
I posted something similar on the Leah Itsines thread then I realised I’d love to have this conversation here.
I’m a massive podcast fan. But I think the craft of radio (now, podcasts) has been lost to influencers who can easily get a podcast with no training or substance for what to say. It’s actually surprisingly hard to be good at audio. It’s not like just having a conversation. Podcasts are very difficult to listen to when the host speaks too fast or interrupts, or doesn’t understand how to tell a story. Here’s my review of some of the popular podcasters I’ve listened to over the years… I’d love to read reviews from others? 😍

Abbie Chatfield: her rants are hilarious and she makes me a bit more woke 😅 But sometimes she just speaks way too fast, I can’t understand her.

Em Rusciano: you can tell she is old school professional broadcaster, especially if you listen to her monologue at the start of each ep where she asks “how are you,” and effortlessly moves from one topic to the next. She’s really good at cutting a topic off at just the right time. And it seems basic, but she knows how to use a microphone 😂 she moves closer/back depending on volume and uses that change in sound to emphasis points or as humour in a story. So good.

Mia Freedman: haven’t listened in a while but was super impressed with her interview skills. She asks a question and then sits silent to let her guest just SPEAK. No interruptions! She knows when the answer is coming to a natural end, and comes back in at the right time to ask the next question, which also naturally flows on from the last answer. Her voice is also “layered” (can’t think of the right word) which is really pleasant for audio.

Jacob Stanley: fairly new podcaster but also a natural! Relaxing voice. Fantastic storyteller.

Tully Smyth: I really want to support her but I could not get through any of the eps I listened to. She interrupts the guests to give her own answer to the question she just asked. Some of the episodes lacked purpose. I think there was more focus on the IDEA of having a podcast than the actual podcast.

Rosie Waterland: another one who interrupts a fair bit, but she’s self aware and makes fun of herself. Her podcast Just The Gist.. is so clever. Cool stories, the formula of her telling the story to Jacob just works. I love her voice, she says she nasally but I love it. 😂 Another great storyteller, great writer, great creative.

Shameless: these two are pros and have developed over years. Sometimes their takes can be a little ill-thought, but they have mastered their episode structure, timing per segment is spot on, they know their purpose (sugary celeb goss) and don’t leave their lane.

I could keep going! But too long…
I agree that podcasts are easy to start. I'm surprised by how shit some of the popular ones are- Australian true crime with meshel Laurie, outspoken, Abbie chatfield and the life uncut girls. Surprisingly, the outspoken girls consider themselves 'journalists' and three others and radio gigs.
I disagree that Mia freedman is a good interviewer- I think she has a good producer. When she makes part 2 of her podcast subscriber only, I look up the guest to see if they have been interviewed by someone else. Usually they have been and usually the other interview is better.