Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Michy02

VIP Member
These idiots piss me off SO much. They are typical Adelaide people lol and are only known for their sexual harassment case during their journalism careers. I don’t understand why they keep giving Skye a platform because she is SO awful and problematic
Ah as someone from Adelaide who’s lived interstate for years previously the triplets do give me “small town vibes” like alll of their info is found online, it’s nothing new. They do those deep dives which are hour long podcasts into the most boring influencers.

• Haha
Reactions: 10

kayls11

Oh I love it!
I love the dress and the flowers and everything they've shown so far! looks gorgeous
Edit: just saw the second dress and not a fan of that 😅 I will never understand the need to buy two dresses for one evening but to each their own

Love_hate_small_town

Chatty Member
Also, that plumbers wage is still higher than the average in Australia. She acts like everyone should be over 6 figures. I’m ancient compared to her typical listener and sometimes I wonder how they must feel on their v typical 50 or 60k when everyone she speaks to is on so much more.

Also let Rosie take the narrative, her concept, her idea, he was just a host.

I think that's a bit rich when he ran the show for months and months while she was sick. I think potentially that's where the tension came from. She came back, and it was The Rosie Show again, and maybe Jacob felt a bit done with that?
Yeah, I think she was really hammering the point home that it was her concept and her show and she trialled other co-hosts before Jacob. She was also clear the idea was that she would TELL the story and his job was to react. Then eventually he was allowed to tell stories too but it was a learning curve blah blah. When Rosie was off for such a long time I thought Jacob did an amazing job keeping it all running and I came to prefer his style of story-telling which feels more quietly empathetic. I definitely prefer his "dulcet tones".

I agree that he is probably unlikely to tell his side. It does sound like she's a larger than life personality who needs to be the focus and he maybe outgrew his sidekick role. Pure speculation but her starting the separate Breaking News thing might have been a power play. I wish them both all the best, but if either do a new podcast it's his I would listen to.

emmygluewho

VIP Member
She said she was concerned about the power her account had developed (so many followers plus media outlets using her content for articles, and lots of actual celebrities were following her) and she really valued her anonymity and didn’t want to lose that. She was going to delete the account entirely but then decided to leave it up for occasional q&a’s and pop culture posts. I really like Celebspellcheck, she seems very smart and in control of what she’s doing. I do really miss her influencer call-outs but I can understand why she was nervous about her privacy too. All the copycat accounts that have popped up since then absolutely suck, they all come across so badly.
She does the occasional celeb fuck up which is great.

shh77

VIP Member
I posted something similar on the Leah Itsines thread then I realised I’d love to have this conversation here.
I’m a massive podcast fan. But I think the craft of radio (now, podcasts) has been lost to influencers who can easily get a podcast with no training or substance for what to say. It’s actually surprisingly hard to be good at audio. It’s not like just having a conversation. Podcasts are very difficult to listen to when the host speaks too fast or interrupts, or doesn’t understand how to tell a story. Here’s my review of some of the popular podcasters I’ve listened to over the years… I’d love to read reviews from others? 😍

Abbie Chatfield: her rants are hilarious and she makes me a bit more woke 😅 But sometimes she just speaks way too fast, I can’t understand her.

Em Rusciano: you can tell she is old school professional broadcaster, especially if you listen to her monologue at the start of each ep where she asks “how are you,” and effortlessly moves from one topic to the next. She’s really good at cutting a topic off at just the right time. And it seems basic, but she knows how to use a microphone 😂 she moves closer/back depending on volume and uses that change in sound to emphasis points or as humour in a story. So good.

Mia Freedman: haven’t listened in a while but was super impressed with her interview skills. She asks a question and then sits silent to let her guest just SPEAK. No interruptions! She knows when the answer is coming to a natural end, and comes back in at the right time to ask the next question, which also naturally flows on from the last answer. Her voice is also “layered” (can’t think of the right word) which is really pleasant for audio.

Jacob Stanley: fairly new podcaster but also a natural! Relaxing voice. Fantastic storyteller.

Tully Smyth: I really want to support her but I could not get through any of the eps I listened to. She interrupts the guests to give her own answer to the question she just asked. Some of the episodes lacked purpose. I think there was more focus on the IDEA of having a podcast than the actual podcast.

Rosie Waterland: another one who interrupts a fair bit, but she’s self aware and makes fun of herself. Her podcast Just The Gist.. is so clever. Cool stories, the formula of her telling the story to Jacob just works. I love her voice, she says she nasally but I love it. 😂 Another great storyteller, great writer, great creative.

Shameless: these two are pros and have developed over years. Sometimes their takes can be a little ill-thought, but they have mastered their episode structure, timing per segment is spot on, they know their purpose (sugary celeb goss) and don’t leave their lane.

I could keep going! But too long…
I would disagree that Shameless are pros…they have so many gaps in their pop culture knowledge, for people who pride themselves on being “experts” I also just find their voices annoying lol

Thats a bit harsh, the outspoken girls all do have actual careers unlike majority other podcasters
Thanks for your opinion. I'm entitled to mine and do not feel like I need to pay money via Patreon or any other means so people can have a side gig in Podcasting.

Did anyone hear Gemma P talking about the GGO Peach marketing mishap? Like ok she was super disturbed but idk if you’re ringing the POLICE about someone sending you PEACH LOLLIES and little notes about “booty” (not really even referencing hers specially lol) wouldn’t you contact PR places that you know you’re on the list for? Like isn’t that something you could do? Or yes post about it and say “does anyone know anything about this?” Lol feels like a biiiiig assumption that someone is going to kidnap the children based on those notes?

• Haha
  • Wow

squacksquack

Chatty Member
The first thing that came to my mind was tax wrote off holiday
100%. I thought “not a bad way to get a tax-deductible trip!” I’ve honestly done the same thing with work, found a conference around the same time and location and written off a lot of expenses that way 🤷‍♀️

drag

Shameless is a rip off of several other scandal series - British scandal, you’re wrong about and the whole podcast is a total rip off of the high low.
not sure the world needs another deep dive into Victoria Beckham.
everyone seems to be doing profiles now, infamous etc. they are cheap and easy to make and popular.
Agreed their podcast has been ripped from the British versions from the beginning but I do like that at least they have the differential of having the Aussie take on topics whereas the outspoken girls will just be a literal copy and paste of shameless and boring to say the least

shh77

VIP Member
Oops ok my bad, I'm not a Taylor Swift fan and haven't heard of that song so without context it rubbed me the wrong way. Sorry folks
All good! ….still annoying they got tickets though hahaha
Between “wedding talk” and now “what are we going to wear to Taylor talk” …it’s going to be extreeeeemely painful podcast listening for the next wee while! 🫠🫠🫠🫣🫣

• Haha