Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Love_hate_small_town

Chatty Member
Do they offer anything other than podcasts? Their advertisers must pay a lot for all of this!
They have a subscribe option, have done live shows and a book but I’d say t for big money might come from commissioning or producing other podcasts maybe? They might be renting out new space to other podcasters and they have a v large audience so I’d say they do make a fair whack from the podcast alone and other brand deals.

They would be smart with money too.

I’m v pleased for them on that side of things but I find them v privileged and they do the typical ‘we work bloody hard’ thing. Yeah but in an industry that is fun and creative where you get to earn good money. You don’t get a gig at any old media company, let alone mamma Mia purely by working hard. You get it from a private education and connections that get you through the door.

Reactions: 13

handunderchin

Chatty Member
Agree, 100% happy for them! As I’ve said before, their success is even sweeter given they pitched the podcast idea to Mamamia who said no, and have been failing to capture that demographic ever since!

• Heart

YouveAllBeenAsking

Chatty Member
Outspoken have put up a reel where Sarah's Day showed off her Loewe bag, where she says it as "Lowie" not "Low-ev-ay". The absolute irony that she says "pronunciation" and "mispronunciation" incorrectly.

• Haha

kimoii

Good for them - I love that they’re successful after pitching the podcast idea to Mamamia who turned it down and have since had several failed attempts to launch a podcast to that demographic
mamamia make me laugh, they try so hard in areas but somehow always manage to put a foot in it?
I can’t stand Mia

As much as the Shameless girls really irritate me, my heart absolutely broke for them listening to today’s episode where they briefly discuss the tragic passing of their friend Natalie. I cannot imagine how painful it must be to lose a close friend from terminal illness in their 20s. I will be prioritising getting a skin check as soon as I can and will be recommending my friends and family to do so as well.

• Heart
Outspoken podcast is on my rotation because I have to listen to something, but I find it so irritating. They are always talking about their weddings that never seem to end, names of ?dogs/?boyfriends? that we don’t care about, and most of the personal stories they tell make them sound like such Karen’s or just boring. When they have little arguments or digs at each other, it sounds so passive aggressive and I cannot imagine real 30 something year old women getting into disagreements about influencers… plus it sounds like the same person. Like do they think we actually know who is speaking? Or when one of them is away? 😂

And is it just me, or do they report on random influencers that no one actually cares much about?

• Haha
  • Heart
Okay, so maybe the content that comes with the kitchen is “work” and involves some effort. Nice to know she’s losing money in that transaction apparently 🙄. But what’s the excuse for all the gifted stuff? It takes two seconds to grab a photo and tag the company. That’s not work babe. No matter how you want to spin it.

Lol the shameless girls saying they really didn’t care they got criticism for their Hailey/Selena take. They clearly did. They posted on instagram and TikTok defensively about it and talked about it on the podcast too.
It’s so easy to tell when they’re butthurt!! I couldn’t care less about Hailey or Selena personally but it does seem like the Shameless girls, as per usual, had a very weak hot take that backfired. I have realised that I continue to listen to them because they make me feel better about my level of intelligence. I have a feeling a lot of their listeners are continuing for the same reason.

• Haha

mfch

Oooff. Had to happen eventually though. He was in the media this week saying how terrible women’s sport is. I wish her all the good in the world, but it was obvious that that was not him.

• Wow
  • Sick

crossroads2727

Chatty Member
Shameless are launching a pop culture newsletter written by an anonymous writer (it will just be Michelle surely). I remember them saying how gutless Celeb Spell Check & other influencer pages were for posting anonymously!

lifeispeachy

VIP Member
Geez not a fan of these girls (never listened to a full episode of their podcast) but the shaming of their appearances is a bit WTF. They look like normal women to me, not models but very few of us are!
I ageee. They look fine. Literally all 3 look the same with diff hairstyles which they could easily change up.
Their views and opinions on the other hand…….

I like her better when I just listen to the podcast and don’t follow on socials 😫. I’m glad she’s successful and I think she’s worked hard and that’s great. But I find it increasingly hard to take money advice from her. It’s all “always consider if a purchase aligns with your values”. Her “values” appear to be spending truckloads of money on expensive beige or black designer items for the aesthetic. Good for her that she can afford it, but her income and values are not at all relatable to me.

I wonder if the new subscription will be popular? I can’t imagine why anyone would want to give those girls money to listen to them talk about themselves even more than they already do. I enjoy their Scandal series and they’re fairly well researched (still notice a fair few errors) but that extra content does not seem worth the $ whatsoever!!

Blueshirts

Chatty Member
These aren’t stupid and pointless. They work to distract from labour pain — you squeeze them and the uncomfortable sensation can help to diffuse your focus. My births have been to fast for pain relief and things like this have helped!
Can't you use a normal wooden comb to do to achieve the same effect?

Reactions: 12