Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I wonder if the negative press got to them.
He’s an absolutely horrid little gremlin! I know she has a lot of fans on here and in general, but the guy was a walking red flag and the way they got together seems so dodgy. I could never in good conscience share my life with a partner that didn’t share the same major values as I do, politically or otherwise. Very odd.

Reactions: 18

notspon

Megan Pustetto of So Dramatic really, really annoys me. She pumps out the same stories over and over again, with zero facts, all of the clickbait, and seems intent on being the 'it girl' based on whoever is popular at the time!

She claims to be a 'journalist' but has no journalistic ethics or integrity, and her reporting is very much on par with the Daily Fail wannabes.

Reactions: 17
I was surprised Michelle gave a shout out to Big Small Talk. I had a look at their production company and listened to a few episodes and it’s very good. Considered, intelligent and not afraid to go into difficult topics. A lot more serious than shameless and I while I don’t think it’s direct competition, it is perhaps indication of a new direction for some producers and listeners. It makes shameless seem very fluffy by comparison.

It also made me realise how saturated the light, chatty pop-culture-for-smart-women is and how many of these podcasts stay well away from anything controversial. both shameless and the high low covered more political and difficult topics at the start but then steered away as more money can be made when it’s light and, let’s face it, it’s easier. The shameless girls don’t have the research or pronunciation skills to tackle anything too nuanced in the news.

I wondered if Michelle’s recommendation was her trying very hard to prove to herself that she was ok with this new podcast when I don’t think she is at all. I need to listen again but I don’t think her rec said anything super positive about the podcast contents , she just broadly recommended it. I may well be inventing this scenario in my head but I think this podcast has rattled the girls and made them slightly embarrassed about their contribution and weather they really put out ‘smart women who love dumb stuff content’ .

Finally, I think they were mean to Annabelle about her comment re the AI kendel Jenner etc. I thought the same. Why make them in complete likeness and then change the name? So weird.
I was very surprised at this recommendation and also somewhat surprised they didn’t seem to know much about Hannah Ferguson of Cheek Media? Hannah is an absolute powerhouse in my opinion, founded her own media company at about 20 and now at 23 has a bestselling book as well. She does absolutely INCREDIBLE work and discusses all sorts of issues prevalent to women, humanity, Aus politics, larger global issues and also lots of light hearted stuff around sex positivity and much more. She would run rings around both the Shameless girls intellectually.

kjs22

Interesting post on Instagram.
View attachment 2113997
I’m sooooooo ooooooverrr influencer podcasts, it’s actually annoying trying to find a good podcast to listen to in Spotify and having sooo many search results that are just influencers talking shit. Believe it or not, it takes skill to hold an audience long term with story arcs etc & two friends sitting around talking shit into a microphone is not entertaining.

tutifruititea

I really like the shameless podcast eps and scandal. but i can't get excited about their new projects. Shamemore and this new newsletter? yawn for me

Reactions: 16
Michelle Andrews (Shameless podcast) got married.
View attachment 1744885
I'm not a fan of the dress or flowers
It’s absolutely not my style but really suits her! Such a whimsical dress and the over the top flowers are lovely.
When it comes to Shameless I find them both so pretentious, they clearly have extremely high opinions of themselves but often come across as uneducated and have some pretty ignorant takes. A 4 part series on Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez…who the f cares!! I used to quite enjoy their pop culture deep dives especially the ones focusing on Aussies like Lara Bingle and Heath Ledger.

lifeispeachy

VIP Member
Cringing hard at the triplets going on about how hard the shared custody of a dog would be.
As a single parent with shared custody, dealing with financial, schooling, behavioural decisions for the next 18 years, ahh yeh ok, a dog, super hard at drop offs... :rolleyes:

• Haha
Michelle from shameless admitted today to getting “anti wrinkle” on the podcast. Just call it what it is - Botox
These girls are literally the last people I want to white knight for however a lot of practitioners refer to Botox just as anti-wrinkle on their websites and price lists as they’re not allowed to publicly state the brand name which may be Dysport/Botox. Calling it anti wrinkle is basically saying Botox just not giving a brand name, not hiding what it is.
Their episode today was all over the shop. The commentary on Roxy Jacenko was amusing! It’s like they refuse to be outright critical of anyone and take a bet both ways whoever they’re discussing.

YouveAllBeenAsking

Chatty Member
Just here to rant about Victoria Devine.
firstly, she is a VERY annoying pregnant person. She has been pregnant forever and bangs on about it constantly. Every outfit is centred on her bump, every comment - oh I’m puffed after walking up to the front door etc. you are not the first pregnant woman. You will not be the first parent. Seriously, I’m happy you’re happy but stop boring me. While it is just irritating to me, I imagine she is being the kind of pregnant woman that anyone going through fertility treatment or pregnancy related trauma has to unfollow.

Next, she has to be a millionaire by now and it irks me so much that she so so grabby with gifted things. You can afford it all Victoria. Gets some class. It’s just so disappointing. I really liked her podcast when she started. I thought she had her priorities right and was giving helpful, sound advice. I used to like the money diaries when they were more mixed. Yes some people killing it but others managing to get out of debt but basically living modestly etc. i had to stop listening when it seemed that ever one was a 20 year old with 100 000 in the bank and 4 properties.

She’s VERY consumerist and it’s pissing me off more and more. Same goes for shameless girls going on about Skims, an unsustainable brand, and new outfits constantly. No mention of attempting to avoid fast and unsustainable fashion. I don’t want constant virtue signalling but it would be nice if some of these women had some ethics, lived by them and promoted them.
Also major face filter on the go in today’s story by VD.
She is so, so tone deaf. I agree with her about spending according to your budget, values and goals but it is so out of touch for her to constantly flaunt her wealth at a time where her own followers are feeling the cost of living pressures.

Examples like the DeLuXe pReMiUm reno, imported ice maker and cot, two Mercedes cars (that she HAD to show the "two separate recall notices for two separate cars), complaining about painting her house getting messy while wearing Cartier, Van Cleef and Arpels and a tennis bracelet, getting her hair done more than literally anybody ever and doing a "fit check" where her colleague is wearing Kmart and Vicky D is wearing Chanel shoes and a top that must have cost more than $500.

It's so disgusting to see when so many of her followers - you know, the ones who are the reason she can even afford such luxuries - are turning to podcasts like hers because they're doing it tough.

handunderchin

Chatty Member
Good for them - I love that they’re successful after pitching the podcast idea to Mamamia who turned it down and have since had several failed attempts to launch a podcast to that demographic

• Heart

Newhere2

VIP Member
Rat infested?? 😳😳😳 The horror Omg
Google their Betoota advocate podcast interview. The Melbourne office has a rat problem and Sydney did nothing about it. They were brutal on their Betoota podcast, they said that when readership was low, senior editors at Mamamia would tell them to go on Reddit and find a 'dead baby's story to re-write (a story about stillbirth, miscarriage, etc) as they always rated well. I've hated Mamamia ever since I heard that. They also wrote about the rats in their chapter in their book

Attachments

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 15

lifeispeachy

VIP Member
The passive aggressive arguing is so weird, especially since they all have the same monotone voice so it literally sounds like the same person’s brain chatter…

• Haha

KrystalB

I thought the Chanel 7 thing was about sexual harassment?!!
It was. It wasn’t for them doing any bullying.

I still listen to the Outspoken girls as I’m also from Adelaide and get a lot of their references, and I used to enjoy them… but they are just so shit scared of influencers and having honest opinions. They also seem very, very sheltered. It sounds like their circle is SUPER small and they don’t really spend a lot of time with anyone but each other and their partners/immediate family (which is fine), but their views on things are very childish and I think they’re a bit isolated and don’t have much life experience with a variety of people. I think it’s also why they seem so interested in all the young influencers, they talk like they’re 10 years younger than they actually are.

And I 100% agree on the UK influencers. PLEASE STOP TALKING ABOUT THEM, FOR FUCKS SAKE. They can’t get feedback that people like those segments, surely?!

With all their references to tattle you know they’re already stalking this thread like hawks too 👋

mfch

See I’m not a huge fan. They’re fine but I find them very privileged and a bit vapid. The content just probably isn’t for me so have unfollowed and unsubscribed.

littlemissbun

Chatty Member
Does anybody else find the Outspoken sisters to be creepy and robotic? They show zero emotion in their happiest moments (eg the gender reveal, weddings). And they way they comment on each others photos is like they are acquaintances.
They seem to have such a weird dynamic. Very emotionless during big moments, yet fight non stop with emotion when it's differing opinions about celeb gossip.