Australian Influencers #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I get the impression there’s a lot of mouth breathing going on in their household. It actually has some pretty serious health effects, and it’s something that can be fixed!
This is why orthodontics and speech therapy can be so important, having space and ability to move ones tongue can really make a difference in the long term. So frustrating seeing children suffer with their speech and health while their instagram addicted parents not doing anything about it.

Reactions: 10
Thanks Sarah Kearns because mums/dads with multiple kids didn’t ever think to have one on one time. Seriously 😒
Seriously, this woman has no content. What value does she give her followers? She has nothing special about her that would make me want to follow her. She doesn’t have style, she’s not funny, she can’t write well (how does an adult not know to use ‘an’ before a vowel) or take good photos, she doesn’t have expertise in anything (“spend time with your kids” is not expert advice) she doesn’t share interesting information, all she does is desperately grab at whatever is trending online and pretend she knows what’s happening and that it’ll make her look informed. All she does is spend money and tell her followers what to spend their money on. Tell me why people follow her?

Reactions: 14
I will never understand why people continue to film their children while they’re being absolute brats. Sarah seems to think it’s cute, but it’s not. They love to brag about how sweet the eldest is, but they’re in trouble with this one! The third child or “boys” narrative is boring. He’s had a very different upbringing to the other two, and it shows.
(And yeah, of course my kids are often pains in the ass too, but I wouldn’t post it for the world to see!)

Attachments

Why can’t Chrissie Swan just admit she’s had weight loss surgery? It’s also blatantly obvious she’s separated from her partner “The Chippie”. I can’t pinpoint it but she has become increasingly annoying and arrogant.

Reactions: 17
Why can’t Chrissie Swan just admit she’s had weight loss surgery? It’s also blatantly obvious she’s separated from her partner “The Chippie”. I can’t pinpoint it but she has become increasingly annoying and arrogant.
I don't follow her but just a look and wow, she has lost so much weight!

Reactions: 3
Does anyone else find it weird that Clem Ford and Abbie Chatfied (and probably others) have teamed up with Body Shop which although has a shopfront, it also is an MLM/pyramid scheme which is a problematic business model for a range of reasons ?? Body shop make some of their profit by preying on stay at home mums (like all MLMS) so they are not a company I would choose to work with if I was in their shoes!
This really irked me too! That said, somewhat surprisingly Clem didn’t know about MLMs and how profoundly anti feminist and harmful they were until sort of recently- she did a movie deep dive that involved someone who sold Mary Kay and spoke all about the founder and company in a super positive light and thankfully a heap of people set her straight…I’m assuming she doesn’t know about the Body Shop MLM side. She grew up in the UAE I believe so maybe was never exposed to MLMs, Tupperware parties and La Rev etc were so common in my childhood! It makes no sense to me that the body shop one even exists given how easily accessible their stores and website are? 🥴

Reactions: 1
I haven't heard about weight loss surgery! I've been impressed at how much weight she lost through just walking and giving up alcohol. Surgery makes much more sense.

Reactions: 4
I haven't heard about weight loss surgery! I've been impressed at how much weight she lost through just walking and giving up alcohol. Surgery makes much more sense.
This has been on my mind so much lately so I apologise in advance for the vent!

It does feel a bit off that Chrissie is quite keen to show off her significant weight loss to the same audience that has related to her and her struggles around her weight for many years. Whilst she doesn't owe the general public anything, she has capitalised on the negativity that she's received as a larger woman and her popularity as a media personality comes down to her fan base.

Kudos to her for the hard work, but if she needed to comment on her weight loss at all it really shouldn't be by giving a false sense of reality.
The average obese woman in her late 40's isn't going to lose that amount of weight in such a short period of time by walking and giving up the booze.

Meshel Laurie also lost a lot of weight and has been very transparent about her gastric bypass surgery. She's created conversations on her platforms by being open & honest.

There shouldn't be any shame in taking control of your health by having surgery, being in the public eye gives you a unique opportunity to help break the stigma attached to various cultural norms that need addressing, i.e body image. I hope Chrissie shows some transparency soon, I've really liked her for a number of years.

Reactions: 8
I will never understand why people continue to film their children while they’re being absolute brats. Sarah seems to think it’s cute, but it’s not. They love to brag about how sweet the eldest is, but they’re in trouble with this one! The third child or “boys” narrative is boring. He’s had a very different upbringing to the other two, and it shows.
(And yeah, of course my kids are often pains in the ass too, but I wouldn’t post it for the world to see!)
Yeah I think Sarah actually doesn’t like the small one very much. She’s all sickly sweet and I love my boys etc but I read between the lines and it’s all an act, coupled with sanctimonious parenting advice from a mother who is not aspirational.

Also, the way she carries on about the eldest is cringey. Sure, it seems he’s a nice boy, but it’s like she’s trying to sell him or something. Why is she trying to convince people? It’s weird.

and did anyone else notice the timing with her suddenly going on about how wonderful he is, right after LDB mentioned boys have been picking on her daughter? And then shared the same pair of earrings LDB shared that had a feminist slogan on them. Coincidence? I don’t think so. Like she can’t come up with anything to talk about on her stories w watches other people and piggy backs off their content.

Reactions: 8
My mum saw her at the weight loss Clinic that Chrissy goes to because she goes to the same one and mum got talking to her and she said that she was having weight loss surgery… so why she doesn’t admit is beyond me, I think Chrissy could be a really good role model in a way about getting weight loss surgery but instead she’s denying it.

Reactions: 7
Or just don’t talk about the weight loss at all. No talk of surgery & no bull about walking & giving up alcohol being the miracle to a slimmer body.

Reactions: 6
Is tammi just a Chloe szep in training now or something? There’s something not quite right with that woman
I used to like tammi but she’s just annoying asf now. The fact she’s tied in with mikaiiiilas biz I just can’t. That whole group needs a thread

Reactions: 3
Seriously, this woman has no content. What value does she give her followers? She has nothing special about her that would make me want to follow her. She doesn’t have style, she’s not funny, she can’t write well (how does an adult not know to use ‘an’ before a vowel) or take good photos, she doesn’t have expertise in anything (“spend time with your kids” is not expert advice) she doesn’t share interesting information, all she does is desperately grab at whatever is trending online and pretend she knows what’s happening and that it’ll make her look informed. All she does is spend money and tell her followers what to spend their money on. Tell me why people follow her?
HEAR HEAR. Of pretty much all these influencers, it’s the DadMum crowd whose success I am the most bewildered by. So far as I can ascertain they got their initial success selling those nappy bag things- that entire business seems founded on the bizarro notion that a Dad cant possibly be seen carrying a regular nappy bag (which reeeeeks of toxic masculinity). And as people, they just seem vile- that threatening letter they sent a small-time Mum blogger threatening to dox her and her family was just appalling. They’re constantly wielding the size of their following as if that makes them some sort of authority on anything other than being good at getting followers (and they also employ the annoying trick of adding together their followings across all their (many) accounts and on different platforms and bragging about the number- as if there wouldn’t be heaps of duplicate followers amongst them all). And that post Brad made abt Sarah getting drunk one time recently?! Ughhh. They are just awful

Ugh. So Olivia White posted a reel and was going on about Jockey underwear and just tagged jockey. I made a comment #ad and when I went back she’s blocked me and I checked on my second account hehe and she’s updated it to paid partnership! She is the absolute worst for not disclosing her paid ads!
I reported her to ad standards and they didn’t give a tit so why disclose if you’re never held accountable?

She’s been annoying since forever lol

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
I used to like tammi but she’s just annoying asf now. The fact she’s tied in with mikaiiiilas biz I just can’t. That whole group needs a thread
Oh Tammi tmb? She’s a farken nut job. I don’t know why she isn’t discussed more here. She’s spread so much dangerous misinformation. People hate Jessiika but at least she’s smart enough to get vaccinated. Tammi started a whole telegraph group so she could share more if her conspiracies without losing followers on insta.

she’s also rude to her followers, always looks sweaty, whinges non stop, and her husband has serial killer vibes. And everything about her mouth.

Reactions: 11
So, who else set a camera up on their front porch and filmed themselves swaying and Eskimo kissing their kid today, and uploaded it to SM? Me either.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
HEAR HEAR. Of pretty much all these influencers, it’s the DadMum crowd whose success I am the most bewildered by. So far as I can ascertain they got their initial success selling those nappy bag things- that entire business seems founded on the bizarro notion that a Dad cant possibly be seen carrying a regular nappy bag (which reeeeeks of toxic masculinity). And as people, they just seem vile- that threatening letter they sent a small-time Mum blogger threatening to dox her and her family was just appalling. They’re constantly wielding the size of their following as if that makes them some sort of authority on anything other than being good at getting followers (and they also employ the annoying trick of adding together their followings across all their (many) accounts and on different platforms and bragging about the number- as if there wouldn’t be heaps of duplicate followers amongst them all). And that post Brad made abt Sarah getting drunk one time recently?! Ughhh. They are just awful
i agree about DadMum being terrible but let’s not get the violins out for one of instagram’s biggest trolls who did lead a vile campaign of harassment and had all that personal information up on so many websites, insta accounts and blogs for public consumption anyway. These websites get a bad wrap but at they exist in a way that both sides of something can be presented. Instagrammers have a bad habit of gaslighting their audiences.

• Angry
Reactions: 5
i agree about DadMum being terrible but let’s not get the violins out for one of instagram’s biggest trolls who did lead a vile campaign of harassment and had all that personal information up on so many websites, insta accounts and blogs for public consumption anyway. These websites get a bad wrap but at they exist in a way that both sides of something can be presented. Instagrammers have a bad habit of gaslighting their audiences.
lol ‘one of instagram’s biggest trolls’? You’ve clearly not encountered much trolling in your online time then 😂 iirc correctly ‘that’ account called out Amy Gerard for a weird joke making light of sexual assault and was, as a result, relentlessly targeted by LDB, DadMum,HOW and a bunch of the rest of the Mean Mums of Instagram brigade, several of which subsequently apologised to her forhow they treated her. Holding ppl to account for their crappy or problematic behaviour is not trolling.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.