Australian Influencers #29

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
šŸ˜‚ I voted NO! Why? Because the First Nations who I know & love donā€™t want it. I done my research. Oh by the way I donā€™t live in a low socioeconomic area, oh & I have a uni degree šŸ˜„
The irony of saying ā€œI have a uni degreeā€ to show how educated you are in the same post as ā€œI done my researchā€ šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 37
She had her first at 45 or 47 I think with ivf and donor egg. And she did want a second, Iā€™m guessing it took longer than she hoped! Happy for her if so, but many she doesnā€™t look 58!

Reactions: 4
This witch. I wish she was cancelled already. Sheā€™s so condescending with the way she talks. According to her she knows everything & everyone else is wrong. Living in Canberra makes her the smartest of all šŸ™„
I canā€™t stand Lauren. I remember when she did a reel about how to dress for school pick up and was very condescending when she copped criticism she came
On crying and saying she was being stalked. And threatened. She thinks she was better than anyone else

Reactions: 12
She had her first at 45 or 47 I think with ivf and donor egg. And she did want a second, Iā€™m guessing it took longer than she hoped! Happy for her if so, but many she doesnā€™t look 58!
She would have had to go overseas to use donated eggs. I guess she seems like a nice person but 58 is a ridiculous age (in my opinion) to be using assisted fertility to get pregnant.
---
Call me a cynic but I feel like it wonā€™t be her doing much of the toddler chasing šŸ˜…
Yes true who am I to comment on rich people things!

Reactions: 13
I canā€™t stand Lauren. I remember when she did a reel about how to dress for school pick up and was very condescending when she copped criticism she came
On crying and saying she was being stalked. And threatened. She thinks she was better than anyone else
Someone I know is a fellow school mum and all the school mums were talking about her and being pissed that she complains about them and being judged etc. so sheā€™s probably being judgemental and thinking they are judging her but it was actually in reverse.

Reactions: 6
I have crossed paths with Lauren Dubois many times throughout my earlier career while working at a rival network. She is a rude, self righteous woman who firmly believes her opinion is the only opinion worth listening to, she is arrogant and extremely patronising.
I understand she has indigenous heritage but it doesnā€™t make her spokesperson for all indigenous or mean that her reasons for voting a certain way are the only reason and 100% of the population should agree with her and vote according. I have a cousin who is married to an Aboriginal, she does not share the same opinions as Lauren and her (my cousins wife) parents donā€™t share the same opinions as she (my cousins wife) does, they all wanted different outcomes on Saturday, but they have the respect to accept the outcome and move forward.
Anyway, I donā€™t like talking politics, not sure what I hope to achieve from this post but while I respect Laurenā€™s opinions some of the time, her delivery needs work and the chip on her shoulder addressing because she is very clever.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I think we can all agree LDB is super condescending
No we canā€™t, I personally love her.

The fact she will hear out different opinions in her DMā€™s instead of straight up blocking people like the precious, uneducated Kearns Bogan Kunts has me supporting her any day of the week.
But I can see others point of view on her, but I donā€™t dislike her like some do. Emmylou yes, hate that oxygen thief with a passion. Dumb as a box of bricks and not even capable of an original thought unless itā€™s about food.

Those pics of Sonia K have me curious, I had no idea she was 58, if she is having another child I think thatā€™s amazing, scary too, I have 2 kids, Iā€™m an older Mum, but 58 is scary.

• Heart
Reactions: 29

The fact she will hear out different opinions in her DMā€™s instead of straight up blocking people like the precious, uneducated Kearns Bogan Kunts has me supporting her any day of the week.
But I can see others point of view on her, but I donā€™t dislike her like some do. Emmylou yes, hate that oxygen thief with a passion. Dumb as a box of bricks and not even capable of an original thought unless itā€™s about food.
I get why people donā€™t like her, but I donā€™t have an issue with her. She had an educated opinion and she backed it up with facts and evidence to hopefully sway people to that side, while also amplifying Indigenous voices. Thereā€™s nothing wrong with that. It was something she was genuinely passionate about and she 100% will have lost followers over it.

The government did a horrendous job on the referendum, so Iā€™m glad there were people trying to inform (on BOTH sides). You donā€™t have to agree with her, itā€™s her page and her opinion. If it was ill informed then yeah, Iā€™d snark on that, but it wasnā€™t. Obviously some people had an issue with the delivery, and thatā€™s fine and theyā€™re entitled to their opinion too.

• Heart
Reactions: 31

Those pics of Sonia K have me curious, I had no idea she was 58, if she is having another child I think thatā€™s amazing, scary too, I have 2 kids, Iā€™m an older Mum, but 58 is scary.
I actually donā€™t mind her I find as an ā€œinfluencerā€ she does her job well. Her sponsored posts are well thought out and she actually puts some effort in. There is no guessing is this gifted etc she is very open and honest but she is condescending as hell. Maybe itā€™s her enunciation or her tone but she just comes across super condescending to meā€¦but I still watch her šŸ˜‚šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļøšŸ˜‚
---
Howā€™s the Daily Mails form posting the Sonia Kruger photos but no mention of looking pregnant letting them fight it out in the comments šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø

Reactions: 15
Current affairs aside - even when I agree with LDB I find her tone off-putting. It feels like she's talking down to people. It's something Victoria Devine also does. A sort of I-know-better-than-you tone.

Reactions: 16
Lauren curtis on her drugstore hair care rant again. And then her last story!? Can she travel to Hong Kong easily?
Branch the duck out of your tiny douth bubble and DO SOMETHINGGGG!!

Reactions: 8
Lauren curtis on her drugstore hair care rant again. And then her last story!? Can she travel to Hong Kong easily?
Branch the duck out of your tiny douth bubble and DO SOMETHINGGGG!!
As if she'll go to Hong Kong even if she drags Reece with her. Lauren can't even handle driving up to Perth, a 3 hour drive.

Reactions: 9
I get why people donā€™t like her, but I donā€™t have an issue with her. She had an educated opinion and she backed it up with facts and evidence to hopefully sway people to that side, while also amplifying Indigenous voices. Thereā€™s nothing wrong with that. It was something she was genuinely passionate about and she 100% will have lost followers over it.

The government did a horrendous job on the referendum, so Iā€™m glad there were people trying to inform (on BOTH sides). You donā€™t have to agree with her, itā€™s her page and her opinion. If it was ill informed then yeah, Iā€™d snark on that, but it wasnā€™t. Obviously some people had an issue with the delivery, and thatā€™s fine and theyā€™re entitled to their opinion too.
Same. She irritates me sometimes but overall I like her. She puts a professional level of effort into her partnerships and often shared great info.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.