Ashley James #45 The Science of Parenting - won’t sleep? Won’t eat? Prolapse? Soft play!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ive always said it, they give that boy no credit and treat him like he’s a simpleton. My 2.5 year old had to move to another nursery recently as his shut and SO MUCH time was spent preparing him mentally and emotionally, talking about what we’d miss, what would be exciting in the new place, I even asked the old nursery to sell us his favourite toy there so he had a little familiar piece of it (had to be the bloody noisy massive garish bells and whistles toot toot garage naturally 😫) and then he did a slow transition into the new place which and we STILL talk about how sad we are about the old nursery and the staff he really misses from there. And guess what Ash, he can understand all of that because I’ve not raised him as a Maris Piper dépendant on an iPad to do anything.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
They are moving in weeks and she hasn’t even mentioned it to Alf who’s almost 3.5?! If there’s one thing that proves his delays and baby like ways are the fault of poor parenting it’s this!!

Reactions: 25
Ive always said it, they give that boy no credit and treat him like he’s a simpleton. My 2.5 year old had to move to another nursery recently as his shut and SO MUCH time was spent preparing him mentally and emotionally, talking about what we’d miss, what would be exciting in the new place, I even asked the old nursery to sell us his favourite toy there so he had a little familiar piece of it (had to be the bloody noisy massive garish bells and whistles toot toot garage naturally 😫) and then he did a slow transition into the new place which and we STILL talk about how sad we are about the old nursery and the staff he really misses from there. And guess what Ash, he can understand all of that because I’ve not raised him as a Maris Piper dépendant on an iPad to do anything.
Same here! We did so much prep with my two when we moved across the country ... and the same again when it was time for school. I actually can’t believe that they’ve not once said to Alf this massive life change is coming. There are going to be so many regressions .... although, I’m not sure how much further the poor boy can regress.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Also why is she moaning about coco being there? I think we all know Ashley does no minding of coco and if anything it’s jas being at home so Ashley and Tommy can have a date night. Jas is the one going through a major life change, when has Ashley taken coco for the day to give her single parent friend a break??

• Heart
Reactions: 13
This is obviously a tattler but they raise good points in what Ash could do to help the transition. How has Ash not done anything like this with weeks to go? They go to London most weekends and there’s no mention of them taking Alf to show him their new house or new nursery to help him become familiar. IF he is ND, which she has acknowledged, the change could be traumatic and she’s done nothing to help that sweet boy. Knowing his struggles 💔

CB38BF97-6B5C-45A1-A9CB-6E9C98FF53FF.jpeg

Reactions: 14
Literally! We relocated with a 2 & 4 year old. It was somewhere they knew but we spent so many weekends in a hotel, taking time to go to the places they would when they moved!!
It’s common sense surely? They knew where they wanted to move to, hasn't exactly been overnight.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Same when we moved house 18 months ago. Lots of talking (even though I had literally two weeks from securing new place to moving day) and visits to the new house. Constant reassurance about all our things, special things were kept carefully, and he came to the old house after it was empty to ‘help mummy check every room’ to see that nothing was left.

And we only moved to the next village so childcare wasn’t changed!

Then I fought for the school in the old village, because he was so familiar with it even though we’re now out of catchment, and it means I drive there every day rather than being able to walk.

But we do it for our children. Because we actually think of them as human beings with feelings and emotions.

• Heart
I’m still shocked that she’s willing to give up such an easy life in Essex for this move.

I don’t follow what’s happening with Alf? I thought he started school in September, so wouldn’t he be the one staying at home with Ash for a few months?

Reactions: 11
I’m still shocked that she’s willing to give up such an easy life in Essex for this move.

I don’t follow what’s happening with Alf? I thought he started school in September, so wouldn’t he be the one staying at home with Ash for a few months?
No he starts school September next year. They have to apply this year (November to January is the window) so at least they’re moving before that.

Because he turned 3 in January, he’s able to start pre-school this term. Presumably he’s going to a pre-school in London (🚨 for one with late availability) from September, I wouldn’t mind betting he’ll be shipped off to Nana for the summer unless Ash has got him into a private nursery.
Or a childminder who can’t take a baby due to already having the quota of younger ones in the setting.

Reactions: 7
Has anyone seen her story, she's claiming that wonder child Ada is now potty trained too 😂😂 just cos she happened to pee at the same time she sat on the potty .. poor Alf will forever be compared to her and will forever fall short 😢

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
Has anyone seen her story, she's claiming that wonder child Ada is now potty trained too 😂😂 just cos she happened to pee at the same time she sat on the potty .. poor Alf will forever be compared to her and will forever fall short 😢
Why is everyone in the bathroom in that clip 🤣 is nothing sacred!? Don’t answer that because it was purely rhetorical but the ott videos are a scream 😅

“Adventures of the throuple, the potato, the old soul and CoCo”

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I still have no idea why she didn’t just put Alf and Ada in the same private nursery? She doesn’t want to work part time around her kids, she moans about half terms and summer holidays so why is she still choosing term time childcare?

Reactions: 8
How can she be celebrating Ada weeing on the potty and not just see it as alarm bells that Alf isn’t. For whatever reason he isn’t….

Reactions: 10
Oh, duck off. And why is everyone in the bathroom? ( well not Tommy- maybe he’s been given a few hours off in the servants quarters or is out with a ‘friend’ ) She must have literally grabbed her phone to record that as soon as Ada sat on the potty. Those poor kids-nothing is off the table if it means content.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Why don’t they eat dinner all together? Isn’t that the joy of having Hello Fresh, it’s quick, easy and for the whole family

Reactions: 9
She does realise her son is actually over 3.

That poor boy is not going to know what’s hit him. Apart from the obvious changes in his life, he’s been used to having his sister with him at childcare for the last 6 months. Has she thought about that? Isn’t he starting pre school in September? Could she not have had him at home for a few months? Talk about bleeping up your child.
I had 3 under 4, as do a lot of people, it’s just her life. Also for most of those people (myself included) there was only one parent with them most of the time, not 3!! So really they are juggling 1 child each. 2 of which at present are in full time daycare. So the ‘juggling hours’ are actually few and far between

Instead of seeing that wee as Ada has an older sibling she’s literally copying, she’s going to think oh holy Ada needs signing up to Mensa 🤣 Poor Alf, his achievements will be over shadowed again.

Reactions: 17
I think she is big on leaving a breadcrumb trail now re alfie and autism. He doesnt like change … going on and on about toilet training at his age of 3.5 (which is fine) and is obviously aware he is later on as she has mentioned it. “Likes to be fed like a baby bird”

the problem is this poor child has been given next to no inclusion in the family unit, almost no promotion of independence.

So the kid who doesnt like change she is just going to pluck out of his current world and literally dump him into a new one and then probably moan he isnt coping well. Increase in tantrums, regressions etc?

From what she shows online, i think the ASD thing (just my opinion) is an unanswerable question because he has two deplorable parents so is it ASD or is it lack of opportunity 🤷🏻‍♀️

That poor poor little boy. I feel so so sorry for him.

A maris piper has more bleeping brain cells than Ashley thats for sure

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.