Ashley James #45 The Science of Parenting - won’t sleep? Won’t eat? Prolapse? Soft play!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve never met anyone so unwilling to look after their own children. Surely she can appreciate that like anything, looking after multiple kids gets easier the more you do it. You learn to juggle and prioritise. Just put the phone down and crack on with it. Perhaps if she stopped being so resistant to it she’d actually start enjoying it more.

Reactions: 24
And in that moan, she hasn’t given one example of why it was hard. She didn’t say ‘Alf/Ada did this’. I don’t believe they acted up at all. Ada just didn’t go to sleep when she wanted, probably because the bleeping wild potty party before bed hyped her up.

If I’m doing bed time with 4 on my own and hus comes homes I might say ‘he toddler smeared toothpaste all over the bathroom mirror. Then the kids refused to get their pjs on. The dog ate the dinner leftovers off the side and bathrooms been flooded again’. Her reason is that she ‘has to watch 2 at the same time which is hard.’

Should’ve closed your legs then 🤬

• Haha
Reactions: 21
She comes across as such a spoilt princess. She doesn’t live in the real world. Putting two children to bed by yourself is what millions of people do every day. It is not ‘enjoyable’ everyday but it is not hard if you do it on a regular basis. She is pathetic. When mine were that age I did it by myself probably 4 times a week but if my husband got home from work in time, he then did it by himself. He usually took a bit longer because he had been at work all day and was delighted to spend time with them and read a few more stories. You don’t need two people to put 2 kids to bed.

It always makes me laugh when she tries to think of the more normal jobs she’s had. Retail (fine) but Lifeguard?!? She probably did that part time years ago.

Reactions: 25
Why did this woman procreate, hate it, and then think I’m going to do this again?!?
The mind boggles.
Here’s a thought Ash maybe it wouldn’t be so difficult looking after 2 on your own if you had started doing it from the get go?

Reactions: 19
How long can she keep it up for? The whole refusal of looking after 2 kids but will happily have 1 Ada. There will come a point when they’re too old for childminders and wrap around care and god forbid influencing is still going on by the time Alfs in year 6/7/8/9 but she might just have to work her job around having kids! She might just have to pick them both up from school on her own. She might just have to take time off work in the holidays. Not even boarding schools keep them then 😂

How long before we get the ‘there are 2 types of women in my inbox’ because she’s been told to suck it up 3 years on? Those 2 kids will be fucked up resentful teenagers with a lot of anger.

She thinks it’s hard now. Just you wait Ash 😂

Reactions: 15
I feel really bad for saying this but she didn’t choose to be a mum. They were a bit careless and they found themselves in this situation. She didn’t have time to really want to be a parent, she choose to focus on the positives and the reality has hit her hard

Reactions: 10
I feel really bad for saying this but she didn’t choose to be a mum. They were a bit careless and they found themselves in this situation. She didn’t have time to really want to be a parent, she choose to focus on the positives and the reality has hit her hard
But she had another by choice. She says she’s alright only having the 1 😂

Reactions: 13
But, she didn't have to be a mum. She could have chosen not to have Alf. That is also a choice - and honestly, I'd probably respect her more if she had an abortion and spoke about it. You can't all of a sudden go from wanting to be childfree to having a kid. She has recognised in her content being a parent isn't for everyone.

Ultimately, I think TNB wanted Alf and she didn't - and that's why he Parents Alf 99% of the time

Reactions: 24
But, she didn't have to be a mum. She could have chosen not to have Alf. That is also a choice - and honestly, I'd probably respect her more if she had an abortion and spoke about it. You can't all of a sudden go from wanting to be childfree to having a kid. She has recognised in her content being a parent isn't for everyone.

Ultimately, I think TNB wanted Alf and she didn't - and that's why he Parents Alf 99% of the time
I wonder if that option wasn’t available during lockdown, I honestly don’t know. Ultimately they barely knew each other when agreeing to have Alf but it was a retrospective decision when already in the circumstance. Not something they agreed on and then tried to make happen

Reactions: 6
The people that complain the most about the "juggle" usually have the most help, in my experience anyway. I'm alone most of the time, and yes it's hard and yes I admit it's hard but I don't go on and on. My friend has grandparents on tap and a partner who works part time, but says she feels like a single mum... it enrages me

• Wow
Reactions: 18
How many times can she use the word “unenjoyable”?! Is it actually hard, or is it just that she doesn’t know how and won’t learn because she hates it so much and takes no pleasure from her children. Doing anything you’re not actually capable of would be hard right? And you’d hate it because you’re failing?
She genuinely making me worry for my second on the way
I agree wholeheartedly with @Tank Girl
You are already an amazing mum. You are already thinking of your unborn baby and how to be what both children need.
You are nothing like Ash.

• Heart
This is proof that it’s the only night she’s had them both since the time TNB went out after the kids went to bed, Jas was there and Ashley moaned and lied about being on her own.
She says if she had them both herself she would just get on with it, but she posts about it complaining every single time.

Reactions: 12
I wonder if that option wasn’t available during lockdown, I honestly don’t know. Ultimately they barely knew each other when agreeing to have Alf but it was a retrospective decision when already in the circumstance. Not something they agreed on and then tried to make happen
Wouldn’t surprise me if she trapped Dobby. Lockdown hit, DJing wasn’t going to happen anymore and the mum influencers rake in the freebies. Alf was a monetary experiment that didn’t pay off but she knew Tommy the doormat would foot the hard times, minus the breastfeeding which gains her exposure.

Reactions: 16
It was available…I got pregnant around the same time as ash, during lockdown. It was the most scariest thing ever! I made the most hardest decision in my life & had a termination.
The government changed the law to allow postal pills. Also prior to them being sent, there were many in depth phone calls with the clinic. You were also allowed to see in person via an appointment.
Anyhow, i unfollowed her when she announced her first pregnancy as it was too close to my own.
I am now a mother to 1yr old and mostly solo parent with no family/friend support - It’s hard, yes! But I just get on with it.
She has no bleeping clue what a real struggle is! The way she moans constantly is ridiculous!
She needs therapy or some sort of intervention!

• Heart
Reactions: 36
By all accounts her kids go to bed relatively easy now, particularly Alf and if you can’t do one if the most basic elements of being a parent without moaning about how not enjoyable it is then it raises serious red flags. Parenting isn’t all gifted 4 seasons stays and events in Hamleys. Not being able to find enjoyment doing basic things like watching your kids play in the bath or reading them a bedtime story is so extreme and why does she think moving to London will solve it 😂

Reactions: 20
As someone said, it was. Terminations increased in lockdown.
She was filming herself waiting for Amazon to bring pregnancy tests before she even knew if she was pregnant - monetising/using it for content before he was even a reality.
She thought she’d be back to good after 6 weeks and crack on stealing a baby to her back while she travelled America in her Winnebago. She was just tragically naieve.

If you want to cringe for a full 11 minutes watch this. Her riveting story about being a life guard 5m55 😂😂
“I was a lifeguard I once had to go up
upstairs to get some ice from the
University bar cuz I worked at the
University pool when someone had a nose
bleed so I ran upstairs to the bar got
some ice brought it back down and gave
it to them”
That’s it, that’s the full story.

Thank you @Tank Girl and @InTheDollsHouse. I know it will be hard, of course it can be unenjoyable sometimes with just 1, but just pray not to the extent she portrays!

• Haha
  • Heart
Ada gets to enjoy her gifts whilst Alf is strapped into the highchair with the iPad. What the hell is Ada’s hair? It looks so painful. Make it stop 😩

D3DD397A-1444-4B68-8CF9-463779797C70.jpeg

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.