Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
The dad bashing is so funny because she is the dad!!

She literally uses the existence of dead beat dads as an excuse for her to do the bare minimum.
She’s a walking contradiction. “Dads don’t have to do anything” “I would love to be a dad”

What century is she living in? If dads do nothing, they get absolutely slammed now. It’s not good enough. Society has moved on. I’m not saying we’ve made it, but no one is pretending that women have to do it all and men do nothing, unless you role in a very particular type of social circle.

Reactions: 23

lalalalaletmecomplain

I would agree, I don’t think Ash is capable of a real meaningful connection with anyone to be honest, there’s just something missing there. She knows it’s best for babies to be barefoot yet she insists on shoes for a non walking Ada, she knows routine is best for sleep yet she hasn’t implemented one for her and has let her struggle for months now, she knew Ada was poorly and needed rest but she took her to London anyway, she knew to introduce a bottle early and regularly but didn’t and carted Ada off to childcare regardless, she is aware of attachment parenting but ignores this when it suits her best. Ashley doesn’t truly love her children, only herself.

willowtree2

VIP Member
Got curious and watched catch up. I hate myself.
She’s so mouthy! Not articulate at all. Awful pairing with Gyles. You can tell he thinks she’s an uneducated twat.
Boils my piss when she point scores fighting for children’s corners, when her own look like walking NSPCC adverts! Chuck a token GoVeRnmEnT comment in to look like she knows what she’s talking about. The one who wore Tory colours to Parliament 😂

Why did Cat bring up Mothers day and Tommy? It didn’t sound unreasonable for him to watch his best mate, in the evening, when the kids are in bed. Ashley had a night out at the Gala last week. So did Tommy ‘let’ her go?! He left Ash to be a mother…on Mother’s Day. It was hella awks as she’d obviously been moaning about it off air.

• Haha

loveanatter

VIP Member
She needs therapy.

She is the kind of "Dad" she constantly posts about.

If she had friends, a social life with other parents, she'd know a lot of dad's aren't like that anymore

66% of my team are male with children under 2, they do their fair share by working compressed hours or utilising flexi time. They're lawyers too, so have high pressure jobs.
My husband has a really senior job, by far the breadwinner. He tends not to be here Monday - Wednesday. Thursday he does school & nursery drop off, followed by leaving for swimming at 4:45. Friday he always picks up from school. More often than not he’s at assemblies, never misses Christmas nativities etc.
The ‘Dad’ role is old school now. Not saying it doesn’t exist but she’s clinging to something that I think a lot of her followers can’t relate to x

• Heart
Reactions: 22

MidnightRambler

VIP Member
She’ll be pushing for a Next gig as she’s not been renewed by Sainsbury’s (yet, at least)

As for This Morning, tomorrow is the big relaunch with Ben Shephard and Cat Deeley so everyone that has been involved are there tomorrow like a big sort of day one party, I wouldn’t be surprised if she only has a wave to camera role to be honest.

What I know for sure though is that ITV NEED this to work, so they’re focus grouping EVERYTHING, every segment and panellist, so if anyone criticises her on the socials etc (and twitter seems to batter her every time she appears), they’re watching it all like hawks from tomorrow, and unlike GB News it’s the opposite of any attention good attention - they want squeaky clean good fun to totally leave the Schofield stuff behind them. I doubt she’ll last long.

• Heart

Primrose2

Chatty Member
I find it really weird how Alf just always LOVES these giant characters and hugs them all so willingly. I’ve never seen a kid that isn’t a bit nervous or cautious in these sorts of situations. Is this normal or have I just not met a kid like Alf yet that just loves to meet giant human characters in real life?

Oh please. The minute you got off air, you could have posted a retraction on your stories, if it meant so much to you. You could have centred yourself and added all this Caroline stuff too. You didn’t. You didn’t care until Kate came forward with her diagnosis and the public discourse did a backflip. Just own it.

graceanatomy

Chatty Member
I don't think Ash has actual genuine love (or like) for either child to be honest, never mind a favourite. Both are an inconvenience to her and she has no idea how to connect with either of them. I don't see any genuine bond between her and Ada, any more than the complete and utter lack of bond she has with Alf.
Does she think Ada is more marketable, easier to show off on Instagram and in public, and (up to this point in time) easier to "handle" as she can just shove a breast in her mouth? I'd say so. But does she love Ada in a much deeper way than she loves Alf? I'd say hell no. Honestly I think Ada isn't the "perfect little girl" she'd dreamed of - just like Alf wasn't.

Fuzzyslippers22

Chatty Member
"I just want to hang out with them"

Tell me you know nothing about parenting, without telling me. Parenting is hard work, it isn't just hanging out with your child... thats something an aunt would do/say

I definitely get feeling touched out, but not if my kids were in full time care and I was having entire days by myself and semi-regular nights out. Ada is clearly craving connection.

It insults me that she calls herself an attachment parent.

I absolutely don’t think she has to be a martyr and keep doing what they’re doing if it doesn’t work for them, but she is the one who kept saying that’s how it had to be. Now she’s swung completely back in the other direction. They could have had Ada in their room, but tried settling her in the cot or have Tommy rock her back to sleep. They could have tried her own room, but Ash still settling and ✨responding✨ to her. Dozens of gentle options to shift their routine. Nope. Just banish Ad up to the loft and she’s now Tommy’s problem.

I have truly never seen two less engaged or excited children

View attachment 2837094
You often catch kids like this when they’re processing or taking something in, to possibly then copy. It took me a day or two to get into childbrain mode so allow them time to think before copying the cheers or high-five or whatsoever. But every photo of them is like this. Every single one whether they’re at Hamley’s, soft play or a cafe. They don’t smile, make funny faces when they see you behind the phone/camera, they don’t do anything and this is from what we see in Ash’s posted photos.

I think it’s because they’re desensitised to the filming and photos. You don’t smile every time you send an email, why would her kids smile for the 100th retake for a photo? They’re not stupid either they probably have figured out what not to do to avoid the camera shoved in their faces more than it already is.

• Sad

littlepup

VIP Member
She’s started off on TM shouting over everyone, even Kat and Ben. Calmed down a bit as she’s started quoting her stats. “Cost of living crisis, Tory cuts, poverty, minorities’ - Giles has referred her to the notes saying “Can we actually address the question we’ve been asked to address?”. He’s basically said she’s an idealist and unrealistic. She don’t understand that her ideas can’t be done.
She wore the awful zig zag rainbow dress too. “You’d never know where I stand on the election from my dress colours” - still feels a twat from the blue suit faux pas then?!!! 🤭

Missed what her second slot is about though.

• Wow

Ratgrrl

VIP Member
Tell me you don’t look after your own kids without telling me 🤣

View attachment 2837131
She looks SO angry when Ada got water on her. Alfs sat on a screen…when there’s a screen playing Peppa pig on the fucking table. She’s playing the ADHD card again 😡

Guess what Ash, people with ADHD look after their kids day in, day out and don’t call their partners out of work to ‘rescue’ them 🙄
I have Adhd and Autism and I have five kids.I took my kids on 3 Butlins holidays alone and many weekend camping trips,cos hubby couldn't take the time off work at the time.I literally don't know any other woman/mum like Ashley.

• Heart

ToolaRoola

VIP Member
She needs therapy.

She is the kind of "Dad" she constantly posts about.

If she had friends, a social life with other parents, she'd know a lot of dad's aren't like that anymore

66% of my team are male with children under 2, they do their fair share by working compressed hours or utilising flexi time. They're lawyers too, so have high pressure jobs.

Elle055

What part of motherhood came really easily to her? The fact that she couldn’t be left with Alf alone? The fact that she didn’t enjoy the baby stage? The fact that she can’t get her kids in a routine that benefits them? The fact that she can’t spend time with her two kids on her own? Which part came easy to her??
The exploiting them part perhaps? That certainly came easy...

lalalalaletmecomplain

Has she not made the connection that the terrible sleeping started after she dropped poor unweaned, not fully taking a bottle Ad in childcare full time?!
Her ego doesn’t allow for that kind of introspection. She is faultless and blameless always 😘

Must be the vest

• Haha
Sorry Ash, all the childcare and flexible working arrangements in the world won’t help me to “have it all”. It helps me balance things better, but I don’t “have it all”. It’s physically impossible to stay at home with my young children full time like I want, while also having a career. You can have it all, but not all at the same time.

I’m just so over everything coming back to men. WHO CARES. Talk about WOMEN. Men don’t get to have it all either, Ash just assumes they don’t want it. Most don’t decent paternity leave, most are questioned over taking flexible arrangements, they’re judged if they take time off for sick children. Men that choose to take on the role of primary care giver ARE judged at least as much, if not more, than women. These systemic issues impact men too.

InTheDollsHouse

VIP Member
Job interview

IMG_0476.jpeg

——

Joseph

IMG_0471.jpeg

——

Wedding guest

IMG_0472.jpeg

——