Ashley James #43 Loathsome and offensive on a daily basis

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
First of all.....site? Secondly I'm baffled by Alfs sleeping arrangement, is he in a bed? If so why does it have sides and bumpers? Is he in a bag? If so isn't he a bit old for a bag? Please forgive my questions, I had my kids 30 odd years ago and it was all different back then
It’s a death trap. And Ashley infantilises the duck out of him it’s just awful and downright weird. She still thinks he’s 1 😓
ETA - I’ve just seen the stories. Alfs in a full body winter bag WITH a duvet and the room has been 26c in the past week!!!! This poor kid!

• Wow
Reactions: 19
It’s a death trap. And Ashley infantilises the duck out of him it’s just awful and downright weird. She still thinks he’s 1 😓
ETA - I’ve just seen the stories. Alfs in a full body winter bag WITH a duvet and the room has been 26c in the past week!!!! This poor kid!
I'm surprised he's actually asleep, I'm constantly changing the thermostat to make sure it's cool enough but warm enough 😂😂

Reactions: 8
First of all.....site? Secondly I'm baffled by Alfs sleeping arrangement, is he in a bed? If so why does it have sides and bumpers? Is he in a bag? If so isn't he a bit old for a bag? Please forgive my questions, I had my kids 30 odd years ago and it was all different back then
I think it’s a barricade so he doesn’t get out of bed. He just lies there until he falls asleep and then in the morning he lies there until they go in to get him.

Once when they went on holiday they used pillows to make a bumper system in the travel cot.

Lovely unsafe sleep x

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Mine is 2.5 and just out of bags- even the gro-bags that apparently went up to 36 months, his legs had got long enough to be right at the bottom, he was getting uncomfortable. Some do go bigger, up to age 4, but I can’t imagine she’ll have invested in these. No reason he can’t be using a toddler duvet by now. Oh wait, there is a reason- the bags keep him restrained.

Mine can now climb out of his cot- of course he was always going to try, it’s a normal stage! But he’ll just have to learn not to, and I’ll deal with it by taking him back to bed and reminding him that he could really hurt himself, and ultimately take the sides down, not by restraining him in a zip up sack that he’s too big for.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Mine is 2.5 and just out of bags- even the gro-bags that apparently went up to 36 months were getting too short and he was getting uncomfortable. Some do go bigger, up to age 4, but I can’t imagine she’ll have invested in these. No reason he can’t be using a toddler duvet by now. Oh wait, there is a reason- the bags keep him restrained.
They had them gifted, those ones that you can zip as a bag or with two legs. They were £££ but she didn’t pay.
---
£62.95 for 1 Tog
£66.95 for 2.5 Tog
£71.95 for 3.5 Tog

And she got one for each child.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
They had them gifted, those ones that you can zip as a bag or with two legs. They were £££ but she didn’t pay.
---
£62.95 for 1 Tog
£66.95 for 2.5 Tog
£71.95 for 3.5 Tog

But Ada doesn’t wear hers. I don’t understand this mentality of hers that certain temperatures ie hotter than the sun but without a vest makes a child sleep. A child’s room should always be a comfortable temp regardless. It’s utterly utterly bizarre!

Reactions: 7
---
£62.95 for 1 Tog
£66.95 for 2.5 Tog
£71.95 for 3.5 Tog

3.5 tog! Hope he doesn’t have one of those, it’s beyond the safe sleep recs for this country for a tog to be that high for a bag. Plus a blanket, plus the heating cranked up 🥵

• Sad
Reactions: 6
She says they have 2.5 tog. No way is that needed on top of pj’s and surrounded by bumpers.

IMG_1378.jpeg

I think Ada was in one last night

IMG_1379.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 3
A 3 year old in a sleeping bag is ridiculous. I’m surprised it fits him, and under a duvet is just dangerous.
I understand in the depths of winter if you have a wriggler who can’t keep a blanket on an wakes up cold but the things she does makes it so clear she doesn’t interact with many people IRL who have kids or she would see how odd her actions are.

Reactions: 12
A 3 year old in a sleeping bag is ridiculous. I’m surprised it fits him, and under a duvet is just dangerous.
I understand in the depths of winter if you have a wriggler who can’t keep a blanket on an wakes up cold but the things she does makes it so clear she doesn’t interact with many people IRL who have kids or she would see how odd her actions are.
My daughter is almost 3 and in a bag (albeit one that fits) because she sleeps really well, so why change it. Plus she’s still in a cot - I would never put her in a bag if she was in a bed like Alf is. 2.5 tog is also fine when it’s super cold with a vest and pyjamas underneath. But they absolutely do not need a duvet on top of a sleeping bag and cot bumpers.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Queen of "I've done my research" really needs to do some research 😂

2.5 tog really is for mid winter when it's minus temperatures outside, not a mild start of spring... 1.5 tog would be better, minus all the crap she's stacked his bed in. Also, the room temperature should be between 16-18 for ideal temp. Not 20+... its really not hard to find this guidance, the lullaby trust are very good at what they do and the NHS suggest looking at their guidelines nearly every time we see them.

Reactions: 9
Not sure what’s worse… the fact she puts up all this dangerous stuff for her followers to see, or the fact her followers see it all and still think she’s some kind of parenting deity who can do absolutely no wrong

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.