Ashley James #43 Loathsome and offensive on a daily basis

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Bless Alf but he’s going to struggle massively with his focus in pre-school, it will be an actual structured day with early years foundation stage targets and activities to prepare for actual school. She’d do well to start massively cutting his screen time now and spending time doing simple ten minute activities with him sitting at a table to try and develop his attention span but she won’t, of course, and neither will his dad.
You must have missed her reel. Alf doesn’t get any screen time. Just the occasional Julia Donaldson film or a single episode of Bluey, while Ash sits with him and engages.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
The pre school I'm hoping my son will be starting in September have made it clear that they don't have the staffing to manage any children not toilet trained, they offer short sessions of just 90 minutes for those children. My boy isn't yet three but I think between now and the start of September we have plenty of time to potty train (especially as he's starting to show he might be ready to start).

There are two things that I think will be stopping Ashley from doing potty training, the first is that she won't want to have a few days of not venturing out and about to some gifted event or other - staying at home with the kids, especially for the purpose of something so mundane will not be high on her priorities. The second is that she just doesn't seem to want to do it, perhaps it's that she knows if she leaves it NNB will step in and do it or perhaps she thinks waiting longer means Alf will magically potty train himself?!

Reactions: 15
My daughter is ND and non verbal and I have tried so hard to toilet train her but without the communication skills there it just isn't happening. But her school have taken her because they can't discriminate (also with her EHCP they get funded one to one so it's not affecting the teacher).

I honestly can't see why she hasn't done it with Alf besides pure laziness. He can communicate and seems to understand things. She just can't be bothered and would hate to have to have a few days at home focused on him.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
My daughter is ND and non verbal and I have tried so hard to toilet train her but without the communication skills there it just isn't happening.
I feel you on this bit! Our son was hard of hearing (and suspected ND but no formal diagnosis) and toilet training was a struggle. It was a lot of pictures and signs & he had so many accidents at nursery because he couldn't say "I need a wee".

• Heart
Reactions: 9
They're both failing him. Yes, that's right Ash... BOTH of you. Neither seem to want to take responsibility for these things, unless TNB is that ignorant that he believes Ash's intuition shite

Reactions: 10
She’s probably loving that he won’t be at Lovely Day much longer, and going to funded hours. More money to spend on herself (or the London mortgage)

• Sad
Reactions: 7
She’s probably loving that he won’t be at Lovely Day much longer, and going to funded hours. More money to spend on herself (or the London mortgage)
She probably won’t realise that it’s 30 hours term time only and that nurseries can charge for extras.

Nobody told her she would still need to pay.

• Haha
She probably won’t realise that it’s 30 hours term time only and that nurseries can charge for extras.

Hasn’t she boasted about earning over 100k? If so, she won’t be getting any free hours

Reactions: 12
It’s also the fact that when out and about she can’t just leave him to fester in the pram while she preens and poses, she will actively have to engage with him, plan her day around being near toilets regularly, get him out and take him, then deal with getting him back in the pram (surely most toddlers want to run around at some point?!). It’s all just a lot of work and shifts the focus of the day off of herself and what she wants to do, far far easier to keep him in nappies and let him sit in his own pee all day! Given how dire the changing situations are in many places, even magical London (especially the fact the changing stations are rarely in men’s bathrooms - ✨patriarchy✨), it shows how infrequently she actually changes nappies when out and about as I’m sure she’d have done several reels about it by now!!

Reactions: 11
It’s also the fact that when out and about she can’t just leave him to fester in the pram while she preens and poses, she will actively have to engage with him, plan her day around being near toilets regularly, get him out and take him, then deal with getting him back in the pram (surely most toddlers want to run around at some point?!). It’s all just a lot of work and shifts the focus of the day off of herself and what she wants to do, far far easier to keep him in nappies and let him sit in his own pee all day! Given how dire the changing situations are in many places, even magical London (especially the fact the changing stations are rarely in men’s bathrooms - ✨patriarchy✨), it shows how infrequently she actually changes nappies when out and about as I’m sure she’d have done several reels about it by now!!
Totally agree. The fact that he even just sits in the pram like he does completely baffles me. I wonder if being so placid and not wanting to move about is what he’s like naturally or they’ve just stunted him

Totally agree. The fact that he even just sits in the pram like he does completely baffles me. I wonder if being so placid and not wanting to move about is what he’s like naturally or they’ve just stunted him
I get some kids are fairly chilled or even have issues with mobility which Alf might have both of but ultimately I just don’t think he ever gets much opportunity to spend the day going at his pace, exploring, walking around etc, it’s either shoved in the pram or brought out to perform!

Reactions: 17
Sadly we’re going to see all this repeat itself with Ada as soon as she’s mobile and less compliant with being wedged in a carrier.

Yeah all 3 year olds get 15 funded hours regardless of income
Thank you! I didn’t know that. Presumably Ashley will be declining the free hours though given she’s such a woman of the people and a self proclaimed very high earner?! She’s such a hypocrite

Reactions: 7

Oh goodness she’ll have no idea about top up payments.

It makes zero sense for Alf to go to preschool 5 days a week. It’s too much for him IMO, especially mixed in with a move. And what’s happening with Ada? If she is going to a nursery (no way, Ash won’t pay) or childminder they will still need cover for Alf either side of 9-3, and if they get a Nanny why can’t Alf have a day or two a week with Ada?
---
Hasn’t she boasted about earning over 100k? If so, she won’t be getting any free hours
This came up on the Beth Sandland thread as she’s claimed to have a 6 figure income. Alf should still get 15 hours funded I think?

ETA sorry I just caught up and realise I’ve repeated!

Reactions: 10
She’s obviously confident they’ll be moved over summer otherwise good luck getting Alf to London for 8:30 🤣

Reactions: 6
Damn that male human who was born first. There was no chance Ashley would ever have the misfortune of raising a son

Why post this it’s just weird
4C77FD5E-6FDC-4BF7-AEAD-24F971988560.jpeg

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.