Ashley James #39 Fighting the patriarchy one breast out at a time.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When Alf was newborn (maybe up to the age of 3 months) she constantly used to post about how she didn’t understand why everyone moans about the nights, because being awake in the night with him was her favourite thing. 😂

It used to really rub me up the wrong way. My little one is 6 months older and woke at least 4-6 times up until the age of about 2.5.

I never did, but I wish I was brave enough to message her “JUST YOU WAIT” back then 🤣

Reactions: 17
I maintain that 4 is the hardest age. Hope she’s got some decent support for Alf by then, as baby girl will be a demanding toddler too.

Reactions: 9
I hope I'm still here when they're teenagers and both have ASBO's and wearing tags. I'm in a twit of a mood today and making no apologies 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Wonder if this is why she didn’t go to Aoife’s wedding in the end, and why she doesn’t use her as stylist anymore…

IMG_6260.jpeg

• Wow
When Alf was newborn (maybe up to the age of 3 months) she constantly used to post about how she didn’t understand why everyone moans about the nights, because being awake in the night with him was her favourite thing. 😂

It used to really rub me up the wrong way. My little one is 6 months older and woke at least 4-6 times up until the age of about 2.5.

I never did, but I wish I was brave enough to message her “JUST YOU WAIT” back then 🤣
Yes, she used to moan about negative just you wait mums. No one was allowed to say anything negative until Ashley was in that stage and it was her complaining 😂

Reactions: 8
Wonder if this is why she didn’t go to Aoife’s wedding in the end, and why she doesn’t use her as stylist anymore…
If true, it's pretty awful. But equally I could imagine Ash being very entitled, unwilling to compromise and her reaction being the reason for the break down in the relationship rather than the actual principle. It's sad for her that she's got that kind of 'play the victim' reputation that makes her unbelievable in these situations but quite satisfying to see that she's undermined herself so much she has zero integrity at this stage to people that see through the lies and martyrdom.

Reactions: 12
I find it quite funny she hasn’t championed Ferne on her breastfeeding mag front cover 🤭 Bitter much

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I personally would never make anyone leave their newborn or breastfeeding baby to come to my wedding. Babes in arms always welcome (I didn’t want other children at our wedding).

However it is possible to attend a wedding and still breastfeed. I’ve done it twice, once with my mum/sister looking after my slightly older baby nearby and bringing him to me, and once with my husband bringing my younger baby to me every 2-3 hours for feeds. It meant I was at the wedding on my own but I didn’t mind as it was a close friend’s wedding.

I also think people don’t really understand what it’s like leaving a baby until they have had one, and lots of people don’t have babies until after they get married. So I don’t blame them for not really getting it!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I also get that it’s hard to make an exception - you let a distant friend bring her 6mo breastfed baby but you don’t want your close friend’s 8mo formula fed one there because then she’d have to bring her 2yo etc and then your in-laws want to bring their 5yo and it all spirals. Sometimes the politics just aren’t worth making those exceptionsI think it’s fine to have whatever rules about a guest list that you want as long as you completely understand and harbour no ill feeling if people choose not to come! Ash wears the breastfeeding badge like a martyr and so of course wouldn’t just politely decline or find a way around doing both (husband at the venue bringing babe to you when needing a feed etc), I’m sure she made such a fuss and the girl was probably grateful for a reason to cut this self absorbed narc out of her life anyway.

Reactions: 20
That’s if you believe what Ash says. Of course she has a story where she lost a friend for choosing to breastfeed 🥱
I think it’s made up as well. I don’t think she’s close enough to anyone that they wouldn’t speak to her for not showing up at their wedding. Most people she features are acquaintances at best. Unless someone uses it as an excuse to finally get rid of her cos she’s painful 🤣

Reactions: 8
That’s if you believe what Ash says. Of course she has a story where she lost a friend for choosing to breastfeed 🥱
Based on her usual behaviour I can imagine she was fairly uncompromising. Weddings: it is literally the Bride and grooms day. They have the right to say no to young children but likewise they need to be understanding of close family/friends with children and accept they may not be able to attend in full or at all. Likewise if you're friend is getting married and you have a young child you make arrangements or you don't come. Any decent friendship, whilst the situation is not ideal, would survive that. If it doesn't then it wasn't that strong to begin with.

Aoife’s wedding was abroad so I can imagine there being a problem with Ash going without TNB, because Ada would have to be there for the entire thing.

It may well not be her, but it all went very quiet and Ash never addressed why she didn’t go.

Reactions: 5
I also get that it’s hard to make an exception - you let a distant friend bring her 6mo breastfed baby but you don’t want your close friend’s 8mo formula fed one there because then she’d have to bring her 2yo etc and then your in-laws want to bring their 5yo and it all spirals. Sometimes the politics just aren’t worth making those exceptionsI think it’s fine to have whatever rules about a guest list that you want as long as you completely understand and harbour no ill feeling if people choose not to come! Ash wears the breastfeeding badge like a martyr and so of course wouldn’t just politely decline or find a way around doing both (husband at the venue bringing babe to you when needing a feed etc), I’m sure she made such a fuss and the girl was probably grateful for a reason to cut this self absorbed narc out of her life anyway.
I had a child free wedding because none of my friends had babies. The youngest child was my daughter who was 3. Everyone else has much older shildren so it wasn't a problem. If one of my friends was breastfeeding then of course I would let me friend bring their baby.

I bet her 'friend' was overjoyed Trash couldn't go :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 7
Ashley is such a drama queen. She would have been the first to moan about someone making an event all about them and trying to bring their uninvited children. Breastfed or formula doesn’t really come into it.

It’s obviously made up anyway!!

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.