Ashley James #39 Fighting the patriarchy one breast out at a time.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Might this be the first time Alfie has been allowed to wear blue?!

Amazed she’ll let him wear something that says
‘Champ’ - after all, males aren’t supposed to try and triumph over others are they? Poor Ada might feel like it’s an attack on feminism.

View attachment 2695931
They must be giving all the ex MIC gang these clothes. I saw Louise Thompson’s boy wearing the same jumper.

Reactions: 5
They must be giving all the ex MIC gang these clothes. I saw Louise Thompson’s boy wearing the same jumper.
She's another one who's thread pops off about her dreadful parenting, her and Brian (IYKYK) LOVE a 6am nursery drop off so they can sit around all day cremating their meals (again IYKYK)

• Haha
Reactions: 15
She's another one who's thread pops off about her dreadful parenting, her and Brian (IYKYK) LOVE a 6am nursery drop off so they can sit around all day cremating their meals (again IYKYK)
I never watched MIC but I think it’s a horrendous scourge on society that these reality TV numbskulls have been given platforms of influence 🥴🤣

Reactions: 11
FYI Trash, Trotters also do very good children’s haircuts, and they get to sit in front of a nice calming fish tank. Try it.

Reactions: 11
If she’d ever bothered to attend a parent and baby class or a playgroup she’d realise ‘how are they sleeping?’ Is literally just a conversation starter. Now mine is a toddler it’s more ‘do they still nap?’ It’s just parent small talk.

(and the correct answer to the first question is ‘oh you know, up and down, how about yours?’

And NOT ‘Like an ANGEL, I think I’m sleeping more these days than I did pre-baby! She’s slept through since 5 weeks!’

Said to sleep-deprived me in a trilling voice at my local playgroup when I was on the verge of injecting coffee into my eyeballs/engineering a little fall so I might have to spend a couple of days in hospital with a pin in my ankle to get some rest.

I STILL HATE YOU MELANIE.
There's always bleeping one, isn't there?! Banging on about how their kid is an absolute angel ... they are the same parents who march into the school because their little darling couldn't possibly do anything wrong. That would 100% be Ash, but as she's said - she hates baby groups. So we can all just dislike her over the internet instead.

Reactions: 10
The joke is, if she had a proper job with start and finish times, where you need to be engaged and have your head in the game, not get into bed to work, or get paid to talk about hoovers she might rethink.
Lots of people don’t have the option and have to do things that go against their instinct or ideal to get through and get paid.
She’s so privileged but doesn’t see it.
I wonder if that’s why she and Tommy clash as he has more realistic views given his work.
I don’t like and wouldn’t do ‘cry it out’ but she knows full well there are other options as she engaged a sleep trainer with Alf and conveniently forgets!

I never watched MIC but I think it’s a horrendous scourge on society that these reality TV numbskulls have been given platforms of influence 🥴🤣
IMG_2504.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 16
But I don’t understand who these people are that message saying thanks for normalising night wakes. It’s totally normal, no one thinks babies sleep through do they? Ash herself says people always ask “how are they sleeping?”. Isn’t that because everyone knows how rough it can be and how they wake often?!
I don’t think people are implying that a sleeping baby means good parenting, it’s just a good indication of how Mum will be feeling and there’s not much else to ask. How much do they tit & do they dribble a lot don’t have quite the same ring!
People definitely think that babies should be sleeping through and that their babies sleep well due to good parenting. People on this thread have said it earlier 😅. The standard, “are they a good baby?” question people throw around as small talk, inevitably means “how much do they sleep?”

I don’t like her or how she talks about it, but I do think that normalising night waking is important and I can see why she gets so many messages about it. There is sooo much pressure around baby sleep.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
shes rehashing the sleep thing because its one of her five topics of conversation. Its remarkable how shes conveniently forgotten that Alf has only been sleeping since they PAID A SLEEP CONSULTANT and she tried SLEEP TRAINING. shes a hypocrite and a liar.

Also Ash we believe that Ada doesn't sleep (your son didnt either, I'm betting their huge amounts of screen time have something to do with it) but why would you subject her to flash photography at night? just seems cruel and unnecessary.

thread suggestion: Ashley James #40: A martyr for the 'attachment-to-the-boob but nothing else' school of parenting

Reactions: 19
She’s so threatened by her sister she always says how they’ve done things differently

Reactions: 23
People definitely think that babies should be sleeping through and that their babies sleep well due to good parenting. People on this thread have said it earlier 😅. The standard, “are they a good baby?” question people throw around as small talk, inevitably means “how much do they sleep?”

I don’t like her or how she talks about it, but I do think that normalising night waking is important and I can see why she gets so many messages about it. There is sooo much pressure around baby sleep.
Perhaps, to me it just seems outdated and not something I really experienced. I can’t imagine any parent not knowing night waking is normal. People definitely ask how they sleep but I’ll be frank and usually get “oh same, it’s hard isn’t it” or “oh God, you’re a hero, I couldnt do it, thank God mine sleeps through, for now at least”.
If someone is twatty about it which I’ve experienced once I just say “oh what a shame, you miss the nighttime bonding & snuggles”

Thing is, I don’t dwell, I’m happy, I genuinely couldn’t give a duck what someone else does, particularly people who are clearly arseholes. Ashley says she doesn’t but then goes on rants about it. She goads to act the victim. Putting your thoughts to 300k people will inevitabley garner opposing views. I’d love to know the % split between posits and negative comments.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I know everyone has their ways of getting babies back to sleep after a night wake, but on what planet is parking them in front of the telly a sensible option?! My daughter is a day older than Ada and is waking 3-4 times at the min. I stick an AirPod in and enjoy a podcast while I cuddle, shush, pat, all that jazz. like hell am I sticking the telly on and making her think it’s party time!!!

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I know everyone has their ways of getting babies back to sleep after a night wake, but on what planet is parking them in front of the telly a sensible option?! My daughter is a day older than Ada and is waking 3-4 times at the min. I stick an AirPod in and enjoy a podcast while I cuddle, shush, pat, all that jazz. like hell am I sticking the telly on and making her think it’s party time!!!
Her intuition and telepathy tells her they’re meant to be awake then so bcos she’s a really good mum she doesn’t help them to go back to sleep. Instead she whips out her phone and documents it for all her friends. She doesn’t believe in routine remember. She finds it boring and doesn’t like to plan. It’s the patriarchy telling us we should sleep at night.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I’m getting sponsored Wuka ads with Ashley. Wonder who’s paying for that! Is she desperate for the clicks?

IMG_6207.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.