Ashley James #24 She’s an absolute car crash. It’s ok though, her dad was a fireman

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't think there's any way the health professionals can win with Ashley, if they don't mention contraception she would be calling it out, and as they have mentioned it she obviously deems it to be the wrong thing. Yes, contraception isn't just the responsibility of one person in the relationship but the doctors and midwives are just doing their jobs (under increasingly challenging circumstances) and asking about contraception is totally appropriate. My husband still firmly believes that I won't be able to get pregnant while breastfeeding so it's helpful for the doctors and midwives to be clear about the reality.
And as for having physical checks at the six week appointment (or whenever it is done), I think it's wise to be encouraging women to think about what they want from that doctors appointment and if that is a physical check of stitches or whatever she could be empowering women or normalising making these requests.

Reactions: 16
If you ask a GP to check birth stitches they will bleeping check them. You don’t have to ‘push for it’ to be checked. She chats about SO much bullshit!
In fairness to this part it does seem to be a postcode lottery. I went to my 6 week appointment expecting to be able to have my own check up and she said ‘no this is just for the baby, if you have any issues you’ll need to book a separate appointment’. I ended up begging her to quickly check my bum as I’d been bleeding 🫣🙈
---
Why did TNB have to go to the Drs appointment with her? …. just weird
Obviously she can’t cope with the vaccinations on her own
It’s so ridiculous, she cannot parent on her own at all. There’s at least three or four occasions where she’s talked about Alf pooing or being sick on himself and every time she’s said she got Tommy to come and clean it. He enables her so much!

Reactions: 11
Roll on the school holidays when her term time only childcare for Alf isn’t available.

Can’t wait for the inevitable combo of TNB taking a couple of weeks off, some sort of weird 10k holiday, the return of the nanny & Alf moving to Frinton.

Reactions: 14
Please PLEASE if I can impart one piece of knowledge from the last 15 years of my working life, let it be that you should never ever EVER rent a car seat.

You have no idea how it’s been handled.
You have no idea how it’s been stored.
You have no idea how old it is.
You have no idea if it’s been dropped.
You have no idea if it’s been in an accident.
You have no idea of anything AT ALL about it.
You have no idea if it’s safe.
And you are putting your baby in it.

Please never rent a car seat.

IMG_7301.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 18
“You know the expensive ones I have?” 💅🏼💅

Corrrrrrrr she’s grinding me today. Atleast us peasants won’t miss out on an Artipoppe! Can’t wait to see Ms Bean’s finger in action next week. What do they use instead of a Doona?!
Shabazsay's desperately needs to do a Insta reel of her.....I'm rich, you're poor
#povvo

• Haha
Reactions: 15
“You know the expensive ones I have?” 💅🏼💅

Corrrrrrrr she’s grinding me today. Atleast us peasants won’t miss out on an Artipoppe! Can’t wait to see Ms Bean’s finger in action next week. What do they use instead of a Doona?!
She has the Cosatto floral infant carrier car seat, and the Silver Cross one that was Alf’s.
Plus the million prams.

The Doona is so she can use it as car seat and stroller without having to actually take a pram. For no other reason than she doesn’t want to 🤷🏼‍♀️

So she’ll leave Ad in a car seat for longer than is recommended because she trusts her intuition to know it’s okay.

ETA car seat guidelines from Lullaby Trust

IMG_7303.jpeg

Attachments

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
She has a gifted car seat along with numerous gifted prams so she doesn’t NEED the Doona at all. The thing should not be used as a pram as a baby shouldn’t be lying in that position for a long period of time. She doesn’t NEED the baby bjorn to put Ad down either as she is seen lying in a nest thing today asleep, so clearly is able to be put down. The woman is just unbelievably full of crap.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Me and my baby had our 8 week check and vaccinations yesterday and it was brilliant. Expected all the questions (including contraception) and had a thorough chat about mental health as having a tad bit of anxiety and I felt so supported with a plan in place. All those comments from women that Trashly shared were insane. I can't believe how offended they are about being asked about contraception. Are they offended also because at these types of appointments (including the prenatal ones) they would have been asked about DV. Even if it doesn't apply to you, it will to someone else.

• Heart
Me and my baby had our 8 week check and vaccinations yesterday and it was brilliant. Expected all the questions (including contraception) and had a thorough chat about mental health as having a tad bit of anxiety and I felt so supported with a plan in place. All those comments from women that Trashly shared were insane. I can't believe how offended they are about being asked about contraception. Are they offended also because at these types of appointments (including the prenatal ones) they would have been asked about DV. Even if it doesn't apply to you, it will to someone else.
Just wanted to say a massive well done for talking about your anxiety at your appointment. That’s a huge thing to have done, and I’m so pleased you’ve had a supportive response to it. If you ever feel like you’re having a wobble, you can always post in here and we will happily hold your hand for as long as you need. Sending you a huge hug and hope you have chocolate on hand xx

• Heart
Please PLEASE if I can impart one piece of knowledge from the last 15 years of my working life, let it be that you should never ever EVER rent a car seat.

You have no idea how it’s been handled.
You have no idea how it’s been stored.
You have no idea how old it is.
You have no idea if it’s been dropped.
You have no idea if it’s been in an accident.
You have no idea of anything AT ALL about it.
You have no idea if it’s safe.
And you are putting your baby in it.

Please never rent a car seat.

View attachment 2160951
Actually looks like they don't rent car seats, which is definitely a relief.
I do find it laughable that the woman with more ways to carry/hold her children is renting more!!

Reactions: 11
Told you she’d end up on the panel at the sober day out, in addition to her DJ set (which has already been cut short) they’ve been turned down by EVERYONE

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Actually looks like they don't rent car seats, which is definitely a relief.
I do find it laughable that the woman with more ways to carry/hold her children is renting more!!
But the Doona is a car seat isn’t it? The one that is a car seat / stroller combo?

Reactions: 2
Shabazsay's desperately needs to do a Insta reel of her.....I'm rich, you're poor
#povvo
On today's episode of I'm rich, you're poor we have Ashley. Here's Ashley living in her million pound house that has a pushchair for each room. Do you have a pushchair in each room? Do you 'eck! You know why? Because she's rich and you're poor. Povvo.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
On today's episode of I'm rich, you're poor we have Ashley. Here's Ashley living in her million pound house that has a pushchair for each room. Do you have a pushchair in each room? Do you 'eck! You know why? Because she's rich and you're poor. Povvo.
An Artipoppe for downstairs, one for upstairs, one for the zebra crossing garden!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
But the Doona is a car seat isn’t it? The one that is a car seat / stroller combo?
I couldn't find a Doona on the site, so unless her ordering it means it's no longer showing? (Which is possible). I couldn't see any other car seat type items.
I totally agree with you that renting car seats is not appropriate, I had many conversations with my father in law about me refusing to let my son travel in his car using a 25 year old car seat, it may not have been in an accident but it definitely hasn't been looked after - unfortunately he still thinks I'm just being precious about it 🤷

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I couldn't find a Doona on the site, so unless her ordering it means it's no longer showing? (Which is possible). I couldn't see any other car seat type items.
I totally agree with you that renting car seats is not appropriate, I had many conversations with my father in law about me refusing to let my son travel in his car using a 25 year old car seat, it may not have been in an accident but it definitely hasn't been looked after - unfortunately he still thinks I'm just being precious about it 🤷
25 years old 😳

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.