Ashley James #22 Welcome to the world Baby Thumb, earning money is job number one

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why even post it? It's not a nice moment. Also he's 2 FFS. He's not being unkind, as she implies. He's being 2.
He’s really trying and the way he says Baby Ada is so cute but she doesn’t even say good boy or smile at him or anything. She honestly looks like she hates him 😭

• Sad
Reactions: 17
“If anyone knows of any ways to teach your toddler to be kind to their sibling?” 🥴

he’s 2 years old. Of course, you absolutely need to teach him to use gentle hands and he will eventually learn… but why is it she makes it sound as though she is so exhausted by telling him repeatedly to be gentle? He’s not being malicious. It’s not uncommon for a toddler to act this way.

Her even using the words “be kind” is offensive and hypocritical considering she thinks it’s okay to message and threaten people on the internet and treats her little boy like tit. 🙃

6DE359B7-C518-43F0-948F-418C8498E430.png

Reactions: 12
Oh I don’t know Ashley, perhaps you could teach your 2 year old how to show gentle affection by giving your two year old gentle affection.

Just an idea.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
It didn’t look like Alf was being “unkind” to Ad, just touching the way a two year old would!! My 3yo is being too heavy handed with newborn currently and it’s excitement to join in, not unkindness.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
That sweet little boy is also going to grow up watching his sister receive all the love, attention and affection that he so desperately wants and deserves. Ashley will hold him to such a high account with everything, he will always be the “trouble child” in her eyes :(

• Sad
Reactions: 13
I thought you had to work from your own home/a domestic setting for at least 50% of the time as a childminder....
I didn’t know this. She states that drop off is to her home and collection from the other location.

Her latest story about getting a c section is so misleading to anyone who doesn't know the background here - she's made it look like it was a very easy referral but we know she paid for a private gynaecologist appointment and she didn't even have her birth notes at that point so she could say anything (probably why she's covered the top part of that letter as it probably says something untrue). Take that along to the hospital you're paying, they're hardly going to argue.

The normal person would probably really struggle obtaining the same kind of care having to go through their GP and local hospital.
IIRC she was examined by the private gynae, so the tear (and repair) would have been confirmed?

She def paid for the private suite at St Thomas’ - there’s comments saying it’s there on her grid post.

Reactions: 5
Oh I don’t know Ashley, perhaps you could teach your 2 year old how to show gentle affection by giving your two year old gentle affection.

Just an idea.
THIS. The answer is usually always model whatever you want to death. Not always instant but it’s pretty much the only tool there is. Show him gentle hands, praise him when he does it. “What a lovely gentle big brother you are!”

Reactions: 13
Poor Alfie he is just being a typical heavy handed toddler 😞 being so sweet wanting to show affection and get involved. But I can almost guarantee that her total lack of preparing him for what was to come with baby's arrival has made this situation worse. She thought encouraging him to push a doll's pram was enough.

Reactions: 18
THIS. The answer is usually always model whatever you want to death. Not always instant but it’s pretty much the only tool there is. Show him gentle hands, praise him when he does it. “What a lovely gentle big brother you are!”
He doesn’t know what she means by ‘gentle gentle’ the poor thing, he was being as gentle as he knows how because he’s never shown one to one kindness and soothing by his mother 😔

Reactions: 16
It’s hardly a hardship is it ffs to keep repeating how to be gentle and kind and then praising it. That just shows how lazy and unbothered she’s been with his development because teaching a toddler to do ANYTHING means you live in Groundhog Day repeating and showing the same thing over and over until they get it. It’s embarrassing that she doesn’t realise that and is looking for an easy solution. Probably wants a recommendation of something she can stick on the iPad to show him and voila, he’ll have cracked it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
He’s really trying and the way he says Baby Ada is so cute but she doesn’t even say good boy or smile at him or anything. She honestly looks like she hates him 😭
Totally. He's so adorable! It WOULD have been a nice moment if Ashley hadn't ruined it.

Reactions: 12
It’s hardly a hardship is it ffs to keep repeating how to be gentle and kind and then praising it. That just shows how lazy and unbothered she’s been because teaching a toddler to do ANYTHING means you live in Groundhog Day repeating and showing the same thing over and over until they get it. It’s embarrassing that she doesn’t realise that and is looking for an easy solution. Probably wants a recommendation of something she can stick on the iPad to show him and voila, he’ll have cracked it.
JUST YOU WAIT for potty training, Ash 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I find it really uncomfortable that she's shared that video with the two kids, if she's not confident that Alf is safe around Ada surely she should be focusing on that relationship and showing him how he can touch her and be around her safely? (As I've said a few times here) I have a young baby and a toddler and I wouldn't be setting up to film anything right now, I know I need to be vigilant and support both of my kids - my son loves to be on the playmat with the baby but I also know that he doesn't know his own strength or weight so could easily (unintentionally) hurt the baby. We're very much in the phase of having to reinforce the 'be gentle' message, but it works and he is being a lovely caring child who offers his juice or dummy when the baby cries. Ashley should probably be taking more time away from her 'work' when she's got both of them to help support Alf getting to know his sister without her attention being distracted by trying to get the video for Instagram, perhaps focus on the real world rather than creating content?!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
She’ll not be doing that! It’ll be left to Nana, and the MAIN caregivers. As if she’s going to bother taking time off “work” to do it.
She'll be the kind of mum who teachers hate that sends their child off to school in nappies and expects them to do the toilet training it does happen 🤯😳

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Poor Alf. He’s just being a two year old 😔 Their brains literally aren’t developed enough to control their impulses. My eldest has been bitten and scratched by her little brother, as much as I try and stop it, it’s inevitable (depending on the child’s temperament- my eldest never bit anyone). He gets just as upset by it as she does when he realises he’s hurt her. It’s not being unkind it’s just being an impulsive toddler.

Reactions: 9
I didn’t know this. She states that drop off is to her home and collection from the other location.
I haven't followed long enough to know all the details she's shared...I just saw a few posts on her saying the childminder runs out of a hall somewhere. I guess if drop off is at her home they could spend the morning there and make up enough time...or perhaps the rules are different now, I just remember seeing the 50% thing when I was looking into childminding once!!
Either way sounds like Alf always has a lovely day with her....🤣

Alf is such a sweet little child, the way he says “Baby Ada” :love: but he looks shattered. I sincerely hope he is okay.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.