Ashley James #21 A walking contradiction in crushed velvet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Doubt we’ll hear the end of the whole ‘I’m so relieved I’ve had a non-lockdown baby’ rhetoric now. She’ll be out here, there and everywhere, with or without thumbelina (and definitely without Alf) doing all the things she couldn’t do ‘because of lockdown’. Yet another weird justification for how she’s going to avoid parenting. Same tit, different baby.

Reactions: 15
Alf has been “out of lockdown” for nearly his whole life. By July 2021 there were no more formal rules or restrictions. By the autumn that year normal life had pretty much resumed and certainly by his first birthday there were no limitations on day to day life whatsoever.

so what is her excuse for never spending a day alone with him? For only taking him to the three same places (library, gruffalo trail and the farm)? For dumping him in Frinton every chance she got?

the lockdown mum narrative really annoys me. My neighbour gave birth in April 2020.
She really was isolated and alone for a long time.

Reactions: 20
I’d love to know how she has time to get her nails done if she has no maternity leave and is straight back to work. I use that term lightly 🙄

Reactions: 11
Just me who shudders at the thought of long nails with a newborn... All that tit under the nails and other stuff? Haha she's a proper bell end.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
She was hardly a lockdown mum, she gave birth end of Jan 2021 & all restrictions were lifted by March.
My partner and I had our first date in December 2020 (those 2/3weeks where you could see people) then didn’t see each other until March!
Most mums aren’t out & about properly for around a month anyway!
This victim mentality she has must be draining to live with/be around, no wonder her friends fucked off. It’s got nothing to do with being a mother Ashley it’s because you’re an asshole!

My SIL on the other hand spent her entire pregnancy, all appointments & part of the birth alone as she gave birth peak covid & we missed pretty much my nephews* first year of life. I saw him twice in that year.
I’d love someone to gift her a bleeping violin 🎻

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Alf has been “out of lockdown” for nearly his whole life. By July 2021 there were no more formal rules or restrictions. By the autumn that year normal life had pretty much resumed and certainly by his first birthday there were no limitations on day to day life whatsoever.

so what is her excuse for never spending a day alone with him? For only taking him to the three same places (library, gruffalo trail and the farm)? For dumping him in Frinton every chance she got?

the lockdown mum narrative really annoys me. My neighbour gave birth in April 2020.
She really was isolated and alone for a long time.
This is exactly what annoys me! He’s barely a lockdown baby. Lockdown baby means 2020!!
She took him to baby swimming when he was tiny, they went on walks to the pub with him?? She was by no means cooped up at home!

Reactions: 15
I gave birth just after she had Alf (almost on my own thanks to restrictions but I don’t bleeping moan about it) and I STILL don’t call myself a lockdown mum. I count my lucky stars I didn’t birth in October onwards cos that would’ve meant almost half a year of full lockdown. Sod. That!

The lockdown narrative is wearing thin on every single follower of hers I’d say.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
She wasn’t a bloody lockdown mum! Proper lockdown was 2020, when they even shut the bloody playgrounds. I had 15 month old twins and it was so HARD. 2021 lockdown was a walk in the park compared to 2020. Even if you couldn’t go to groups (not that she would have gone with a newborn anyway), people had their stuff sorted out on zoom etc and you could also see more people with bubbles and social distancing etc. I hate people like Ashley who always have had the worst experience of everything and can’t contextualise a thing. If you go to tenerife, Ashley has already been to elevenerife. Give the lockdown whining a rest PLEASE Ashley.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I had my daughter during the first lockdown in 2020 and was induced/laboured in hospital for almost 48 hours alone, my husband was eventually allowed in and I continued to labour all day and it all went to tit and I ended up with an emergency c-sec. I had her around midnight and he was kicked out by 4am. We spent 6 nights in hospital where no visitors were allowed (not even partners) and I had to go outside to the car park to collect more supplies from him. It was absolutely horrendous and will upset us forever that he missed out on almost her first week of life.

we by no means had it hard compared to others and I was so happy and grateful to leave with a healthy baby, but it actually offends me that she refers to herself as a lockdown mum. I know even in 2021 there would’ve been people still affected by some restrictions and had lack of support due to how weird the world was, but as someone who has watched Ashley’s entire journey unfold online… she had a lot more opportunities and support than most. Always the victim.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I think in many ways she was a lockdown mum because she was also pregnant through lockdown, my friend who had hers Aug 2021 found being pregnant during that time really difficult because there weren't any classes on and she was the first of any of her friends to have a baby. but there are two issues with her constant whining

1) she regularly refers to the first six months of Alf's life as the best time she had with him, because they were in their *bubble* blablabla yawwnnnnnnn, and that was very much during deep lockdown... so a bit of a change of tune to complian about it now.

2) on what planet can you genuinely say that the worst thing about being a mum in lockdown was not being able to get your nails done? like whatttttttt?!?!?!? that is beyond pathetic even for her. not being able to see friends, take babies to swim classes etc fair enough.... but NOT BEING ABLE TO HAVE YOUR NAILS DONE sorry that is an absolute joke

still no baby girl announcement. I def think she looks exactly like Alf lol. (who is a cutester but we all know ash don't agree)

Reactions: 12
Everything has been open as normal during this pregnancy - she didn't attend classes or groups? All I can see different between Alf and thumb pregnancy is she had holidays, did more "shoots" and appeared on GB News.

It's always about HER, never about what's best for her in pregnancy or her baby.

Reactions: 11
She also says that she only ever wanted Alf to nap in the buggy so she wasn’t ‘tied’ to the house, but then goes on about lockdown, so she clearly can’t keep with her own bullshit

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Don’t forget she was FORCED to get a vaccine too
ooh that’s reminded me - Nana took Alf for his vaccinations (One set, at least) because Ash was ‘working’. I suspect it’s because Ash had no bleeping clue how to cope with it.

Can’t wait to see who takes baby Thumb.

Reactions: 9
ooh that’s reminded me - Nana took Alf for his vaccinations (One set, at least) because Ash was ‘working’. I suspect it’s because Ash had no bleeping clue how to cope with it.

She’s a GB Newshound now, she’s probably completely anti vax this time!

Reactions: 7
Hadn’t thought of it like this. What an absolutely SHITE way to live your life.
Can you imagine?
‘What do you want to be when you grow up, Ben?’
‘A fireman!’
‘And you, Michelle?’
‘I want to be a dancer.’
‘What about you, Ashley?’
‘I want to be a Z-list influencer who gets her bustage out all the time not for the male gaze for sick old perverts who lurk on Reddit, fail to understand anything said to me on a far right new platform, and shill my unborn child for cash and Take A Break magazine reportage.’

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I mean. Billie Faiers has her baby in December and we've seen photos of her on Billie's Instagram and know her name etc. SHE is on the front of this weeks OK magazine so says it all when OK think people would rather read about Billie and her 3m old than Ashley and her newborn 🤣🤣
---
Has she mentioned before she'd had a miscarriage? I'm so tired and poorly I don't remember if it has been mentioned.
So sorry you’ve been feeling rotten - are you better now? Is there anything we can do to help?

• Heart
Reactions: 3

I think that was the chicken pox vaccine in boots, if I remember correctly. I couldn’t believe she sent him with the grandparents at the time.

Reactions: 6
Can you imagine?
‘What do you want to be when you grow up, Ben?’
‘A fireman!’
‘And you, Michelle?’
‘I want to be a dancer.’
‘What about you, Ashley?’
‘I want to be a Z-list influencer who gets her bustage out all the time not for the male gaze for sick old perverts who lurk on Reddit, fail to understand anything said to me on a far right new platform, and shill my unborn child for cash and Take A Break magazine reportage.’
I’ve missed you!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.