Ashley James #2 Parental warnings I pay no heed, did you know I exclusively breastfeed?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Rant incoming.
I literally don’t care whether people breast feed of bottle feed but how can she go from one extreme to the other?! I remember her posting a story when the nanny was there and she had to feed him for comfort as he was crying and she said something like ‘you’re allowed to want comfort from Mom as much as you like’
Haha clearly not when Mummy wants DJ gigs though darling as you’ve got to go on the formula then. Despite me going on about how my breast milk has given you so many wonderful things…blah blah.
As he’s eating in the day, I’m sure he’s not hungry love it’s comfort so giving him formula isn’t going to make any difference. Also you’ve done it for this long, in 2 months you can give him cows milk so what’s the point.
I get the impression that her mental health has only improved because they’ve dumped the baby in the crèche and gone off together to do whatever she wants and now wants to do more of the same now she is back. Basically I think she regrets the whole motherhood thing, I hate to say it but parenthood is about sacrifice and she has let us all know she’s made many sacrifices over the year but in reality 12 months in the whole of her childs life isn’t that much is it?! How is she going to carry on when he’s a toddler etc and wants even more of her time and attention. Oh I know she’ll dump him on Tommy or his parents :ROFLMAO:
PS whoever said about the gentle sleep training to wean off the boob in the night please share any tips as I’m waking up twice a night feeding my 7 month old:ROFLMAO::rolleyes:
I feel your pain, my 16mo currently has her molars coming through and is waking 5+ times a night to feed 😂

didn’t Ashley used to say she’ll breastfeed Alf for as long as he wants? Not that she isn’t entitled to change her mind- but based on how a few months ago she was worried to leave him for 2 hours with his Dad whilst she went to an Awards night, but she’s comfortable leaving him in a crèche in a foreign country whilst she’s climbs a hill, it’s a bit of a joke 🤣

she’s just a walking contradiction

Reactions: 11
9FD102CD-9A76-4434-A2BF-6CB36C0E3CCF.png

Not that I think a woman should do all the cooking but feel for Tommy having to come home and have to start making dinner from scratch… she makes it sound hard but so what most parents do and prep something for the slow cooker etc while Alf naps during the day?!

Reactions: 2
As if Tommy’s parents have done her food shopping for her. It strikes me that she does not really know how to live as an adult, I know she has a baby but why doesn’t she just organise herself and do her shopping online?! I’d never let my in law do my shopping for me!

Reactions: 13
PS whoever said about the gentle sleep training to wean off the boob in the night please share any tips as I’m waking up twice a night feeding my 7 month old:ROFLMAO::rolleyes:
Yessss to this whoever said it pls drop the tips, I’m up twice a night too, my eye bags are outrageous!

I would not feel right leaving my baby in a crèche overseas when I'd not left them in this country even! She is all over the place

Reactions: 8
Jeez, she’s not a cook is she. Cutting chicken on a wooden board 🤢.
Also love that she’s parked her baby in front of the TV so she can “work”. And did she really need to dress up with heels to eat a fairly nondescript curry?
1359640F-3357-4B3E-BE14-87413A862DE9.jpeg

Also love that she’s parked her baby in front of the TV so she can “work”. And did she really need to dress up with heels to eat a fairly nondescript curry?View attachment 870353
Celery in a curry? and that chopping board looks rank...salmonella anyone?
finished curry looks rank....why put almond milk in a curry? She hasn't a clue about making a decent curry

Reactions: 5
Also love that she’s parked her baby in front of the TV so she can “work”. And did she really need to dress up with heels to eat a fairly nondescript curry?View attachment 870353
Crikey
I mean if you really need to describe to the whole of Instagram how to cook a basic chicken curry, then she really does think others are thick.
Ps I’m loving she claims to be a feminist then she has a copy of good housekeeping cookery book on the shelf :ROFLMAO:

Claims she’s a feminist but puts on a black cocktail dress for the boyf to come home with his hot dinner ready and waiting. She’s just so bleeping weird! She is a walking contradiction

Reactions: 15
Celery in a curry? and that chopping board looks rank...salmonella anyone?
finished curry looks rank....why put almond milk in a curry? She hasn't a clue about making a decent curry
It was an AD for the milk. Poor Tommy will have the shits tonight. She will do anything for him not to go to work and stay home and look after Alf

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Yessss to this whoever said it pls drop the tips, I’m up twice a night too, my eye bags are outrageous!
With mine it was a case of finding something that comforted him and helped stop crying. So shushing etc - we patted his bum - and then you use that to comfort until they go back to sleep. First couple of nights are hard as they do cry but you don’t have to leave them on their own - you can comfort with touch and voice. Plus if you are feeding then get dad/partner to do it so they can’t smell the milk and get more upset! I get that it won’t always work though - it would have made my eldest worse! Also need routine in the day with naps although once they are used to it they can nap in the pram etc so your day not massively limited. Was worth it for the sleep!

Rant incoming.
I literally don’t care whether people breast feed of bottle feed but how can she go from one extreme to the other?! I remember her posting a story when the nanny was there and she had to feed him for comfort as he was crying and she said something like ‘you’re allowed to want comfort from Mom as much as you like’
Haha clearly not when Mummy wants DJ gigs though darling as you’ve got to go on the formula then. Despite me going on about how my breast milk has given you so many wonderful things…blah blah.
As he’s eating in the day, I’m sure he’s not hungry love it’s comfort so giving him formula isn’t going to make any difference. Also you’ve done it for this long, in 2 months you can give him cows milk so what’s the point.
I get the impression that her mental health has only improved because they’ve dumped the baby in the crèche and gone off together to do whatever she wants and now wants to do more of the same now she is back. Basically I think she regrets the whole motherhood thing, I hate to say it but parenthood is about sacrifice and she has let us all know she’s made many sacrifices over the year but in reality 12 months in the whole of her childs life isn’t that much is it?! How is she going to carry on when he’s a toddler etc and wants even more of her time and attention. Oh I know she’ll dump him on Tommy or his parents :ROFLMAO:
bloody hell twice a night is a dream, 2 hourly here 😭

nothing against it but can’t believe she’s putting him on formula 🙈

cringe at that reel getting dressed up!

bloody hell twice a night is a dream, 2 hourly here 😭

nothing against it but can’t believe she’s putting him on formula 🙈

cringe at that reel getting dressed up!
I feel your pain, that was us a few weeks ago. It’s a killer!

I’ve never been so active on Tattle until the last few days :ROFLMAO:
Moaning again about Alf feeding / sleeping next to her, and then puts that the art could be her and Tommy going off on an adventure?! What about your poor son, just leaving him behind are we?! She certainly does regret him. I think going on holiday has made it worse.

Attachments

Last edited:
I did sleep training with my baby when he was 6 months and he turned one this month. He sleeps through and was never left to cry. You have to start with separating feeding from sleep in the day time - never let baby fall asleep on the bottle/breast as they will associate that with falling to sleep and wil want it during the night. Always have 20 minutes of play after a feed. You can reduce the amount of milk you give overnight or just cut it out completely as long as they are getting enough food in the day time. Honestly it’s worth doing, we were up multiple times in the night early on.
Back on topic of Ashley, why does she seem to think getting in a bedtime routine, introducing white noise or a comforter etc means you are leaving them to cry?! She is so stupid. It’s just little things a baby needs to help them fall asleep independently.
The whole formula thing just seems like her attempt to get on her high horse about breast feeding v formula again. It’s seriously not a big deal. I couldn’t breast feed so I formula fed and I’ve never ever had any judgement/issues from anyone. Just get on with it. Why doesn’t she just transition to cows milk in a couple of months anyway?!

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Everything about the walking contradiction Ashley baffles me!
I don’t care how she feeds her baby, and I very much doubt anyone else does either, it’s the way she behaves that’s crazy.
She went on holiday having never left the kid for more than 2hrs, to then leaving him in a hotel crèche and buggering off hill walking? It makes no sense.
Now she’s tasted freedom (as she calls it) she basically wants her old life back.
I imagine the main reason Alf doesn’t sleep, considering she said he slept really well on holiday has nothing to do with breastfeeding.
He has zero routine, he doesn’t know what bedtime is because she believes he should fit into what she’s doing, he ate a lot on holiday and she admitted herself she isn’t that organised. She also doesn’t stick to anything, she tries something once then claims it doesn’t work. The whole sleeping in the cot, if she consistently tried putting him back her eventually settle, again like everyone else has said, I’m not suggesting crying it out, but a few days and nights of consistency and routine and she’d see a massive improvement.
She loves the drama, the attention and playing the martyr. Poor Tommy must be at the end of his rope listening to her 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Everything about the walking contradiction Ashley baffles me!
I don’t care how she feeds her baby, and I very much doubt anyone else does either, it’s the way she behaves that’s crazy.
She went on holiday having never left the kid for more than 2hrs, to then leaving him in a hotel crèche and buggering off hill walking? It makes no sense.
Now she’s tasted freedom (as she calls it) she basically wants her old life back.
I imagine the main reason Alf doesn’t sleep, considering she said he slept really well on holiday has nothing to do with breastfeeding.
He has zero routine, he doesn’t know what bedtime is because she believes he should fit into what she’s doing, he ate a lot on holiday and she admitted herself she isn’t that organised. She also doesn’t stick to anything, she tries something once then claims it doesn’t work. The whole sleeping in the cot, if she consistently tried putting him back her eventually settle, again like everyone else has said, I’m not suggesting crying it out, but a few days and nights of consistency and routine and she’d see a massive improvement.
She loves the drama, the attention and playing the martyr. Poor Tommy must be at the end of his rope listening to her 😂
This is everything I want to say but worded better! Ha
Feel like the only one making a big deal out of the breast/bottle is HER
I don’t know that much about tongue tie but not sure why she’s going on about it? It would of hindered their breastfeeding if he did have one, is she saying that’s the reason he won’t take a bottle? Though at 10 months she definitely shouldn’t be introducing a bottle now

Agree with your point saying I think she tries thinks once and decides it’s not working rather than consistently do it for a few days at least!

Reactions: 5
Didn’t she say he slept through on holiday? And yet now she’s back to saying he wakes every 30 mins / hour at night. Also on holiday she was able to leave him in bed to watch the sunrise / go horse riding but now she has to wait in bed until he wakes up because he notices that she’s gone. So many mixed messages?!

Reactions: 10
Now she’s backtracked, like someone else said..she posted about the formula to get a reaction

Reactions: 7
She’s absolutely crazy and fickle.
Tried a bottle, didn’t like it, tried him in a cot, didn’t like it… I find it hard to believe she actually tried anything or just says things for effect. She was perfectly capable to leave him in bed when she was on holiday so she could faff about, so what’s changed?
Only last night she was going to start stopping breastfeeding…. This morning she’s changed her mind. Its all for engagement and to provoke a reaction.
And don’t get me started on last nights 1950s housewife nonsense 😂😂

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.