Ashley James #2 Parental warnings I pay no heed, did you know I exclusively breastfeed?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Another breastfeeding/sexualisation rant

Does she ever stop? It’s exhausting

Reactions: 14
Another breastfeeding/sexualisation rant

Does she ever stop? It’s exhausting
I like how she filmed the rant close up but of course she had to end it with a long shot to make sure she got Alf feeding on her engorged tit, so unnecessary. 😂 #notattentionseeking

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I’m so confused because isn’t her newest reel about how mums can still be sexy? But she just had a rant about not sexualising mums?

This might be a very poor take on things as I’m not confident I can word this the best way but Ashley goes on and on about body confidence and struggling to love her new body etc which is completely fair, I struggle with change massively and it could be as simple as not liking a slight change in shade of my hair dye! BUT she clearly isn’t able to just accept that this is her new body as she talks about struggling to accept it all the time yet we never see her do anything proactive about it? Like I don’t think her body needs to change at all, tbh I think from the outside she looks really good but she’s said herself she isn’t happy with it and she doesn’t feel it. If that was me and I was still struggling with my appearance, and not able to accept it and be happy with it I’d be making an effort to get out for a walk with the pram every day or get more fresh air for me and the baby by getting out of the house for my mental health, or do maybe some yoga or a really easy workout class while Alf naps or do something other than take pictures in my underwear! I know that different things work for different people but I would be thinking by now if I can’t accept how I look then maybe it’s time to take steps to change that and improve how I feel even if nothing else! Rather than constantly talking about it but actually doing nothing? I know getting dressed up and putting on make up can make you feel great but it’s a temporary fix?

Ashley doesn’t have the constraints of an in office job so she can make the time to do these things where the average working mother can’t. I know she’s breastfeeding but why not take him out for a stroll after he’s fed? He might actually sleep in the pram then too?

I’m by no means slating how she looks and I can understand that getting to grips with motherhood is insanely difficult and a workout or something would be the last thing on your mind but she clearly isn’t happy and I’d be a huge advocate for actively doing something to help improve how you feel?

Reactions: 9
That woman is such a drag I don’t know what her point is half the time. Breastfeed and get on with it or don’t bother.

Reactions: 8
I do like Ashley but inevitably her account is now completely about motherhood/breastfeeding and I can’t really relate to her anymore.
I can happily talk to a friend etc breast feeding and not give a flying foot they have their boob out, but everyone I know seems to do it more discreetly as they appreciate it can make people uncomfortable, and that is simply because of how breasts have always been viewed, unfortunately. Breastfeeding mothers should respect people who are not comfortable with seeing it, the same as they expect people to respect their need to feed their child. Of course (most) people understand you are feeding your child and it’s natural and normal, but that doesn’t mean you have to have the whole thing out - I just don’t think it’s necessary in public. Maybe I’m old fashioned, even though I’m only in my 30’s 😂 but why don’t people just crack on and feed their kids and not go on about it? I couldn’t be less interested in what people feed their kids or how they do it, as long as they are fed. And don’t get me started on weaning photos, why on earth would ANYONE want to see gross spat out food all over a child’s face?!
Anyway… in summary, it will never be normal for women to walk around with their tits out, whether there is a baby feeding from it or a sequin nipple tassle hanging on it. Blame society.

Obviously seen everyone else on troll rants and clicked

Band- wagon-jump!

Reactions: 6
I was just worried that I had missed this common opinion and accidentally offended everyone..!! Like I don't know are avocados good or bad? Should I dress my daughter in pink or not? Is JK Rowling right or wrong?

I can see why you might not enjoy the comparison but to me it is the most natural one, there is no other natural process that I do more than go to the loo, shortly followed by feeding my baby. I am probably just desensitised due to the amount of time I spend cleaning little people's bums

Maybe I should ask Ashley to ditch her goal of "normalising" the completely normal act of breastfeeding and start desigmatising toilets
Well the comparison I would make is her using alpro which she does a lot. That’s the closest comparison to hydrating and nourishing her baby.

Reactions: 1
I think she misses the point a lot of the time, she wants to be sexy but not sexualised and then she does ads for sexy breastfeeding underwear? She honestly just seems to be lost and struggling to find her place and identity since becoming a Mam.

I don’t think she understands that people are just put off by the fact that she constantly has a whole boob out and yes it’s not something to be ashamed or hidden, but a bit of decorum in public places is expected of all adults no?

Nothing against breastfeeding or babies but the way she talks about work is bizarre as well because if she had any other job she wouldn’t be able to breastfeed at work? So her saying ‘I just happened to be breastfeeding doing that job’ wouldn’t cut it if she wasn’t an influencer?

• Heart
Goodness, she reckons she’s had it hard since Alf was born. Try some of what I had, love.

Moved 50 miles away from family and friends exactly two weeks before I had my daughter. I came home from hospital Christmas Eve afternoon.

My family were unable to step in to help look after my d/ter during the week as they had to work.

Unlike Madame Moaner my husband wasn’t able to bathe and dress our baby before he went to work as he had to leave at 6.00am. Plus, every other Saturday he had to work to cover staff shortages.

This one honestly doesn’t know she’s been born. A bit ranty this post but I make no apologies. She’s just irritated me hugely this morning. 💅🏻😂

Reactions: 10
It’s infuriating that she is turning the awful death of sarah into a feminist fight.
A brutal murder goes way beyond someone being misogynistic! She has turned this into a campaign against men and it’s not appropriate! It’s the world that live in that make us fearful of walking home and men are included in that, my husband wouldn’t feel safe walking out alone in the dark because the world is full of evil people.
stop trying to be a martyr of feminism and just send condolences to the family.

And as for the breastfeeding, it doesn’t make me feel uncomfortable , yes there is absolutely no need for the whole tit on display and I’ve never once seen anyone breastfeed in that way, myself included. What is the annoying thing is how she thinks she Mother Earth and conquering every childhood disease just by doing but also complaining about it daily… she shames woman who don’t breastfeed in a passive aggressive way by highlighting how magical her breast

With such a lovely dining table and they choose to sit beside each other, they may as well be at opposite ends of the table. Surely with Alf at the end they would naturally choose to sit either side of him. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 1
She contemplated taking a baby on a night out?
That stretches the “no routine” bit beyond all comprehension.
Her deciding factor appears to be that she wouldn’t have been able to talk to anyone…not that it’s completely bonkers to contemplate taking a 9 month old on a night out….

• Haha
Her deciding factor appears to be that she wouldn’t have been able to talk to anyone…not that it’s completely bonkers to contemplate taking a 9 month old on a night out….
I'm sure Tommy's adult friends would have been delighted being joined by a 9 month old being continuously breastfed whilst they were quaffing margaritas!

• Haha
Wtf was that breast book all about I think she’s got really big issues around breasts yet says everyone else has

Reactions: 7
Routine aside, what bars would allow a 9 month old baby in a bar on a Saturday night?! I find it weird she’s speaking as it was a option she could go but decided against it

• Haha
  • Heart
Routine aside, what bars would allow a 9 month old baby in a bar on a Saturday night?! I find it weird she’s speaking as it was a option she could go but decided against it
That will be her next crusade, no one allows babies in bars and she feels victimised 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 16
It was a day and night thing but she told Tommy NO choose one….. imagine if Tommy did that. She’s toxic

Reactions: 11
What’s she going to do when Alf no longer needs to BF? Have another baby? I just can’t imagine her with more children.

Reactions: 4
Wtf was that breast book all about I think she’s got really big issues around breasts yet says everyone else has
She is obsessed. She goes on and on about how She struggled when she was younger about people commenting on her big breasts . It is All she talks about. I wonder what she would say if a male influencer posted he had a book of boobs 😂😂 she would probably say he was dangerous

What’s she going to do when Alf no longer needs to BF? Have another baby? I just can’t imagine her with more children.
She will probably start hiring herself out to breast feed other women babies.......I mean what else is she going to post and talk about

• Haha
She is obsessed. She goes on and on about how She struggled when she was younger about people commenting on her big breasts . It is All she talks about. I wonder what she would say if a male influencer posted he had a book of boobs 😂😂 she would probably say he was dangerous

She will probably start hiring herself out to breast feed other women babies.......I mean what else is she going to post and talk about
Mega lolz 😂

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.