Ashley James #2 Parental warnings I pay no heed, did you know I exclusively breastfeed?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why does everything have to be normalised? Now ‘mums in bed during day time’ needs to be normalised 😂 What’s not normal about someone with a 6 month old wanting to have a nap if their baby has been up during the night? Heck I was in bed with my 19 month old just over an hour ago and I didn’t feel like it needed to be normalised 😂
She’s exhausting. 😂

(Typed while I’m in bed with a napping 3 month old)

Reactions: 8
I live for getting into bed during the day 😂 even pre parenthood!
Even now with a just 2 year old, I’ll need a little rest to recharge while she’s down for her nap, it doesn’t need normalising, you do what you need to surely. Ashley just loves to come across like she’s groundbreaking and amazing when actually I think it’s pretty normal especially for parents.

Reactions: 8
Her stories last night were such a contradiction; I wasn’t looking to meet anyone but joined a dating site, I don’t want to get married but if Tommy wants to I will, I hate traditional male patriarchy (her words) but my son has his dads last name.

Jesus she’s exhausting. Tommy must live treading on eggshells. If he suggests they go out for dinner, he must be terrified that she thinks it an attempt to undermine her female empowerment 🙄🙄🙄🙄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I live for getting into bed during the day 😂 even pre parenthood!
Even now with a just 2 year old, I’ll need a little rest to recharge while she’s down for her nap, it doesn’t need normalising, you do what you need to surely. Ashley just loves to come across like she’s groundbreaking and amazing when actually I think it’s pretty normal especially for parents.
I had my 2 Yr old granddaughter Friday night, Sunday night, and Monday night. She went home at lunchtime today and I'm now looking at the clock wondering if 4.30pm is too early for me to call it a day 😂🤣😂 and go to bed. I'm exhausted 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
It's essentially a teaching style that's very popular with rich people. The grounds of it are that they let kids explore creatively and learn themselves without much direction. They're expected to do things that interest them and learn the skills they want to learn rather than being sat down and taught things, IIRC. It aims to make kids independent at a young age - for instance, in the morning, you would let your child choose what clothes to wear without any direction or changes (so they could choose a thick wool jumper on a very hot day for arguments sake). One of the key things is that everything should be accessible to the child from an early age. They also advocate putting mirrors right next to mattresses from a very young age so that baby can see themselves and use it to self soothe, I think (they don't tend to use cots).

It's where all the bland wooden toys with no paint on come from, because bright colours are too stimulating or some bullshit. II don't think they do discipline either, there's no 'No', but redirection or 'positive' disciplining.

Loads of videos on youtube about it. On the surface and in some circumstances it can seem really good for a bit, but my opinion is that it's only good up to a point and can be used alongside other styles of parenting - there are reports of kids who were raised in Montessori schools can't read or write because they were never pushed to do that kind of work.
Aren’t most nurseries like this in some respect these days? Don’t know why she has to be so pretentious with all the labelling. We’ve just moved house and my daughter is at a new nursery and both that one and her old one seem to be similar to this (curiosity approach where they go to and play with what interests them and avoid plastic noisy bright toys). They do discipline however and I wouldn’t let my 13 mo choose how to dress herself in the morning as we’d never leave the house!!

Reactions: 3
Aren’t most nurseries like this in some respect these days? Don’t know why she has to be so pretentious with all the labelling. We’ve just moved house and my daughter is at a new nursery and both that one and her old one seem to be similar to this (curiosity approach where they go to and play with what interests them and avoid plastic noisy bright toys). They do discipline however and I wouldn’t let my 13 mo choose how to dress herself in the morning as we’d never leave the house!!
I don't let my 12 month old pick his clothes but I've started just offering two options for sleepsuits for bed and let him point to what one he wants. I wouldn't do it yet for daytime as like you said would take forever and definitely not give full choice as I personally feel he's too young

Reactions: 4
Pretty sure they are. My son goes to a childminder and daughter went to nursery and preschool and they all went on the basis of ‘free play’ with whatever they wanted and ‘structured’ play (age appropriate), the food got put out and they could eat what was there, not too mad on the discipline and liked to explain reason why x behaviour was bad not just shout at them.
I think she craves to be different especially after the breastfeeding on tv crap but she really isn’t and is just doing the same as the rest of us and painting fancy names on it

Pretty sure they are. My son goes to a childminder and daughter went to nursery and preschool and they all went on the basis of ‘free play’ with whatever they wanted and ‘structured’ play (age appropriate), the food got put out and they could eat what was there, not too mad on the discipline and liked to explain reason why x behaviour was bad not just shout at them.
I think she craves to be different especially after the breastfeeding on tv crap but she really isn’t and is just doing the same as the rest of us and painting fancy names on it
I have no idea tbf, I don’t work in early years or have kids of my own - I know of Montessori from my childhood development lectures in my BSc. Have a look on YouTube, there’s loads of videos about it - does it look the same?

I don't let my 12 month old pick his clothes but I've started just offering two options for sleepsuits for bed and let him point to what one he wants. I wouldn't do it yet for daytime as like you said would take forever and definitely not give full choice as I personally feel he's too young
That’s a good idea

She was so scared he would fall off the changing table she took a video. I have no words!!

Reactions: 9
It’s bizarre

How awkward to carry did that shoulder bag look 🤦‍♀️
it looked like a camera case !
dont those changing units normally have a strap on them too stop babies falling out?
I think she needs to change her nappy brand as she seems to have a massive poo explosion episode every other day

Reactions: 5
It’s bizarre

How awkward to carry did that shoulder bag look 🤦‍♀️
It’s like she wants to be rewarded for travelling with a baby, she has no idea how much some people have to deal with! The bag looked so annoying didn’t it, imagine how easily it would fall off your shoulder! I’m sure she was gifted the rucksack too.

Watching her latest story with Alf on the changing table, do you reckon before she starts filming herself, she hoicks up her tits so they are almost falling out of her dress??

Reactions: 7
I don't understand her though process at all. Your baby needs a nappy change you find its an explosion and first thought when you take off the nappy is to grab your phone film while your baby wriggles on a fold out change table. And the bag is the pram bag which I'm pretty sure along with the carrier we're gifted even though she didn't mark it sp in the previous story

Reactions: 10
it looked like a camera case !
dont those changing units normally have a strap on them too stop babies falling out?
I think she needs to change her nappy brand as she seems to have a massive poo explosion episode every other day
Yeah I agree. I have two kids and can probably count a handful of times the kids have had poo explosions out of the nappy. Choose a correct nappy size or change the brand?

Yeah I agree. I have two kids and can probably count a handful of times the kids have had poo explosions out of the nappy. Choose a correct nappy size or change the brand?
same here..i certainly didnt document any of these with with photos lol!

Reactions: 1
Again baby probably can’t sleep because of all the light! It’s so stimulating in there

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.