Ashley James #2 Parental warnings I pay no heed, did you know I exclusively breastfeed?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ugh I just get such bad vibes off her. I’d be heartbroken if I saw one of my parents had written this
She’s sooo odd isn’t she!!!
If she feels like this now, it’s only going to get worse when Alf starts to move and becomes even more demanding when he hits the toddler stage.

Reactions: 2
She’s sooo odd isn’t she!!!
If she feels like this now, it’s only going to get worse when Alf starts to move and becomes even more demanding when he hits the toddler stage.
How's she going to cope with his tantrums?

Wtf hatred of men??
She wants a girl to bestow all her ‘knowledge’ on??!
I don’t think she should have any more kids, she makes it all about her
Wtf is she in about ...many women would give their eye teeth to have a healthy baby, irrespective of gender...

• Sad
Reactions: 5
How does Tommy allow her to write things like that about their child? What a horrible thing to say about your baby ☹

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Ugh I just get such bad vibes off her. I’d be heartbroken if I saw one of my parents had written this
I came here for this. I honestly can’t imagine how she’s ok saying it.

I’ve unfollowed her now, I just can’t deal with her anymore!

Reactions: 7
Ugh. She’s now saying she’d have preferred a girl. No words.
She’s always said this, you can see it in her face when they did a confetti balloon gender reveal… hard to get a screenshot but she has such a fixed fake smile

A7600A8B-D1C0-4B89-A82A-14AA7098B9AD.png

Reactions: 3
She's such an unpleasant person. She tries to frame it as "growth" but it's not normal for a woman in her early thirties to have a hatred of men and mothers. Why did she have to have a son to not hate men? Why did she have to become a mother to not hate them anymore? She just seems like a very hateful person in general. She gives feminism a bad name saying she hated men because that's not what feminism is about. However, hating mothers is the most absolutely random and bizarre thing. If I had a childless friend who declared they "hated mothers" I would be very concerned indeed. She might not hate men or mothers anymore but that's only because her life circumstances changed. You can bet she's still as hateful and judgemental on the inside about something else now.

Reactions: 9
Everything she says it's just about her, when she talks about the future it's always 'I' not 'We'. I'd take that as a massive red flag if I were Tommy! She talks about equal parenting and removing gender roles, shouldn't Tommy be included in nursery decisions?!
Screenshot_20210816-142948_Instagram.jpg

Reactions: 3
I've heard from several different people that their whole relationship is a sham. Not sure how it could be now there is a baby however.

The story was that her whole 'brand' was being an ambassador for independent single women, as well as being a tit pretend DJ with her friend Charlotte. Her now boyfriend wanted to be a fitness model, but wasn't getting any traction, and reconnected with her (as they knew each other years back) and they became a bit of a show couple, for instagram (she'd get exposure, he'd get more modelling contacts.. they'd part 'amicably'). She fell out with Charlotte over this and if you look back at the timeline of it, their duo Bittersweet DJs completely ceased gigging around the time she started dating her guy. They've only just made up and even then its very early days, apparently.

At the time, two separate people, with no link to one another, both shared details of a story that Ashleys now boyfriends last two relationships were with men. Nothing wrong/particularly strange with that of course, but rather interesting nonetheless.

I was convinced it was all a set up to move her brand along from positivity in singledom, and gave her some content during lockdown, but once she fell pregnant.... surely not? They really don't seem very coupley at ALL though, so the weird doubt still lingers....

• Wow
What even is that? I had a google and it just sounds like a normal nursery 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️
It's essentially a teaching style that's very popular with rich people. The grounds of it are that they let kids explore creatively and learn themselves without much direction. They're expected to do things that interest them and learn the skills they want to learn rather than being sat down and taught things, IIRC. It aims to make kids independent at a young age - for instance, in the morning, you would let your child choose what clothes to wear without any direction or changes (so they could choose a thick wool jumper on a very hot day for arguments sake). One of the key things is that everything should be accessible to the child from an early age. They also advocate putting mirrors right next to mattresses from a very young age so that baby can see themselves and use it to self soothe, I think (they don't tend to use cots).

It's where all the bland wooden toys with no paint on come from, because bright colours are too stimulating or some bullshit. II don't think they do discipline either, there's no 'No', but redirection or 'positive' disciplining.

Loads of videos on youtube about it. On the surface and in some circumstances it can seem really good for a bit, but my opinion is that it's only good up to a point and can be used alongside other styles of parenting - there are reports of kids who were raised in Montessori schools can't read or write because they were never pushed to do that kind of work.

Reactions: 6
It's essentially a teaching style that's very popular with rich people. The grounds of it are that they let kids explore creatively and learn themselves without much direction. They're expected to do things that interest them and learn the skills they want to learn rather than being sat down and taught things, IIRC. It aims to make kids independent at a young age - for instance, in the morning, you would let your child choose what clothes to wear without any direction or changes (so they could choose a thick wool jumper on a very hot day for arguments sake). One of the key things is that everything should be accessible to the child from an early age. They also advocate putting mirrors right next to mattresses from a very young age so that baby can see themselves and use it to self soothe, I think (they don't tend to use cots).

It's where all the bland wooden toys with no paint on come from, because bright colours are too stimulating or some bullshit. II don't think they do discipline either, there's no 'No', but redirection or 'positive' disciplining.

Loads of videos on youtube about it. On the surface and in some circumstances it can seem really good for a bit, but my opinion is that it's only good up to a point and can be used alongside other styles of parenting - there are reports of kids who were raised in Montessori schools can't read or write because they were never pushed to do that kind of work.
Ahh thanks for the detail in this. On the surface I thought it was very much like normal nursery as my 3 year old and walks into his nursery room and can do what he fancies inside or out but obviously there is structure for meals and story time etc but they are quite flexible.
Montessori sounds awful- no painting or good old fun plastic toys??? My todder would die of boredom 🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: 4
I wrote a ranty post out and then deleted it. She makes me cross but now I just feel sorry for her. Just live your life and stop blaming society for all your insecurities. It’s exhausting to watch so I can’t imagine how exhausting it must be to live like this.

She needs to log off, gain some perspective and seek some help. She’s a tangled mess of contradiction and overthinking. Just enjoy your life and stop analysing every aspect of it.

Reactions: 7
Ahh thanks for the detail in this. On the surface I thought it was very much like normal nursery as my 3 year old and walks into his nursery room and can do what he fancies inside or out but obviously there is structure for meals and story time etc but they are quite flexible.
Montessori sounds awful- no painting or good old fun plastic toys??? My todder would die of boredom 🤣🤣🤣
Oh, I think they can do painting and things like messy play, but it's if they choose to do it. So if your kid isn't into picking up a paintbrush and whacking paint on a bit of paper, they could never learn how to do it.

Why does everything have to be normalised? Now ‘mums in bed during day time’ needs to be normalised 😂 What’s not normal about someone with a 6 month old wanting to have a nap if their baby has been up during the night? Heck I was in bed with my 19 month old just over an hour ago and I didn’t feel like it needed to be normalised 😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.