Ashley James #2 Parental warnings I pay no heed, did you know I exclusively breastfeed?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree with the cosleeping being ok. I did it with mine and they grew up to be great at sleeping.

I just wish she would stop banging on about it. She really thinks she is the first person to ever have a baby, breastfeed or co sleep ever!

Won’t be tuning in to the podcast it sounds like a right borefest

Reactions: 4
The poor child will overheat and have febrile convulsions if she's not careful ....ffs he's got a cold not hypothermia!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
She really hasn’t a clue. She sounds neurotic in those last sleep stories she put up, this clearly isn’t working for her and isn’t sustainable? Why won’t she just admit that and try something different?

Reactions: 6
She really hasn’t a clue. She sounds neurotic in those last sleep stories she put up, this clearly isn’t working for her and isn’t sustainable? Why won’t she just admit that and try something different?
I thought she looked manic....I know it was speeded up but omg she really needs to change what she's doing with the breastfeeding as it's simply not sustainable like this...Alf should be getting more sustenance from his food now - there's absolutely no need for her to be feeding him 24/7 especially at the detriment of her health

Reactions: 9
Just watched her last stories in the last hour, fully respect people have their own parenting choices but it’s now clear that what she has done is read this book and piled the pressure on herself to follow it BY THE BOOK! It’s fine to fully agree with the research but also just take a breath and look at if what you are doing is the best for both of you?! She’s in such a state about following Alfs every demand and she is so exhausted! I’ve been there and wouldn’t wish that sleep deprivation on anyone, but you soon learn a parenting style that is the best of both worlds. I actually feel so sorry for her. And I know you should say rod for your own back, but that really is what she’s done with that child, it’s only going to get more tough!

Reactions: 8
I do feel sorry for her too but she kind of brings it on herself. He takes milk from a cup so why not just do that for an evening and let her boyfriend do a night so she can get some rest? Or persevere with a bottle. Mine wasn't a good sleeper but every 45 mins is just insane, she will get really ill herself if she doesn't sort it out soon.

Reactions: 9
I do feel sorry for her too but she kind of brings it on herself. He takes milk from a cup so why not just do that for an evening and let her boyfriend do a night so she can get some rest? Or persevere with a bottle. Mine wasn't a good sleeper but every 45 mins is just insane, she will get really ill herself if she doesn't sort it out soon.
Yes totally agree, pure stubbornness has bought her to this!

Reactions: 7
Any need for the breastfeeding video…. ‘I’m so happy breastfeeding is giving him anti bodies he needs’….. your child is ill, non breast fed babies get ill… they have calpol , nurofen and other remedies…. As will Alf which will also make him better , it’s not all down to your holy grail dangly boobs

Reactions: 10
Just watched her stories from this evening and wow. She seems completely manic and unsettled. The way she is dealing with Alf’s feeding and sleeping, clearing isn’t working for her or him but she will not try anything else due to purely proving a point. Everything she was ‘against’ and disagreed with when she was pregnant or with a new baby, she has now reluctantly and swiftly backtracked on. I wish she would do the same with ‘exclusively’ breastfeeding and his sleeping for her sanity! Yes, most of us aspire to have this perfect baby and perfect routine but it quite often doesn’t pan out like that and you have to adapt!!

Reactions: 5
Just watched her last stories in the last hour, fully respect people have their own parenting choices but it’s now clear that what she has done is read this book and piled the pressure on herself to follow it BY THE BOOK! It’s fine to fully agree with the research but also just take a breath and look at if what you are doing is the best for both of you?! She’s in such a state about following Alfs every demand and she is so exhausted! I’ve been there and wouldn’t wish that sleep deprivation on anyone, but you soon learn a parenting style that is the best of both worlds. I actually feel so sorry for her. And I know you should say rod for your own back, but that really is what she’s done with that child, it’s only going to get more tough!
100% agree with this. I haven’t read this ‘amazing’ book but I had a baby in December just before Ashley and I’d say my ideas about parenting are v similar to hers, I want my child to feel secure and know that I’m there to respond to all of his needs, I’ve never sleep trained or let him cry, but isn’t that what all mums want for their babies?! He’s also teething atm with 4 coming through at once so has been v unsettled at times the only difference is I’m not breastfeeding. I know you shouldn’t compare babies as they’re all different but mine is currently in his own cot, in my room where he will be til probs 4/5 tomorrow morning then I’ll have him in with me to co sleep til we both wake up.

I just feel like she’s putting so much pressure on herself to not change anything she’s doing because she’s read it in this book that she’s going to end up making herself ill. She’s absolutely knackered and miserable it’s plain to see!

Reactions: 7
Those stories were an uncomfortable watch in a way. She’s so fixated on providing this very specific parenting style which she mustn’t deviate from that she seems obsessed. It’s a shame as she looks at breaking point and really at this age (from my own experience anyway) things should be getting easier, certainly breastfeeding frequency and sleep. Of course babies have ups and downs and I totally get that.

She clearly only wants the best for Alf, but this level of expectation she has for herself is unsustainable and I think she’s petrified to admit it. Constantly justifying her actions and parenting style, I wish she could just relax and realise he’ll grow up just fine with her doing her best and that will be enough.

Reactions: 11
Surely those stories are sped up?! I feel like I’m on speed just watching them. She doesn’t seem well

Reactions: 2
Surely those stories are sped up?! I feel like I’m on speed just watching them. She doesn’t seem well
They are sped up. You can tell when she blinks lol I also thought she was on speed but she quite literally is 🤣 she must be so bloody tired that she’s actually talking very very slow so she’s sped it up so her stories aren’t hours long lol. Having said all that though she still seems wired from the lack of sleep!

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.