Ashley James #2 Parental warnings I pay no heed, did you know I exclusively breastfeed?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This woman!! She has no understanding of what a real job is! I worked in a relatively high powered professional role before having my daughter where I would frequently leave the office at 10/11pm and when occasionally 1/3am. Now my daughter is a year old, I have been back at my work for 2 months and in a part time and slightly different role but still finding it bloody tough! This woman has no idea what it’s like to be answerable to bosses/clients pretty much 24/7 as well as care for a teething baby. Obviously my daughter now attends nursery 3 days a week but I have to wake with her during the night and so frequently have broken sleep. I can honestly say though that my daughter is the best thing that has ever happened to me and that maybe just maybe Ashley you should stop trying to shatter glass ceilings whilst you have a baby....

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
‘Shatter glass ceilings’ doing what love... ads for Dorothy Perkins?
these influencers make out they’re doing such important work

• Haha
Shes saying everything people told her and she didn't want tonlisten. Now she wants to be there to inform others of her struggles. So fuckng hypocritical. Didn't want to hear it from others so she can be the spokeswoman as she is the only person to have ever felt that way!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
This woman!! She has no understanding of what a real job is! I worked in a relatively high powered professional role before having my daughter where I would frequently leave the office at 10/11pm and when occasionally 1/3am. Now my daughter is a year old, I have been back at my work for 2 months and in a part time and slightly different role but still finding it bloody tough! This woman has no idea what it’s like to be answerable to bosses/clients pretty much 24/7 as well as care for a teething baby. Obviously my daughter now attends nursery 3 days a week but I have to wake with her during the night and so frequently have broken sleep. I can honestly say though that my daughter is the best thing that has ever happened to me and that maybe just maybe Ashley you should stop trying to shatter glass ceilings whilst you have a baby....
Exactly! What was she expecting, is she one of those people who only enjoys the baby phase and then gets bored once their child becomes more demanding?

She’s so ungrateful, so many people struggle to conceive and she’s over here complaining yet again.

Reactions: 5
‘Shatter glass ceilings’ doing what love... ads for Dorothy Perkins?
these influencers make out they’re doing such important work
My sister was first of our family to go to Uni in the late 60's to study Medicine...she then went on to become a GP in a 2 'man' practice in a very rural part of Scotland and had 4 children while continuing to work full time. (Although Eldest was born at 28weeks and spent 4 months in PICU )
however she managed to breastfeed all 4 of them - 1 son until he was 4 years old!
she even returned to do an on call weekend when youngest was 3 weeks old, as that what Drs had to do in the 80's!
she retired 3 years ago at the age of 70, having spent 46 years in the same practice, finally becoming Senior Partner and a very well respected member of the community....2 of her children followed her into Medicine...daughter is GP in her mum's old practice and son who was breastfed till 4 is a now Consultant in ITU in a city teaching hospital
what exactly is it that Ashley does?

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
My sister was first of our family to go to Uni in the late 60's to study Medicine...she then went on to become a GP in a 2 'man' practice in a very rural part of Scotland and had 4 children while continuing to work full time. (Although Eldest was born at 28weeks and spent 4 months in PICU )
however she managed to breastfeed all 4 of them - 1 son until he was 4 years old!
she even returned to do an on call weekend when youngest was 3 weeks old, as that what Drs had to do in the 80's!
she retired 3 years ago at the age of 70, having spent 46 years in practice
what exactly is it that Ashley does?
Wow 👏🏻 👏🏻👏🏻 now that is what I would call ‘shattering class ceilings’

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Her expectations on motherhood have caused all this. She thought a baby would just slot in. To some degree that do, but equally life does change, the freedom you once had has gone. Course you can get doulas, nannies etc but that maternity feeling and that organisation that’s required takes the “spontaneity” out of freedom.

Reactions: 7
So much to say on Ashley I actually can’t get it into words. The above poster is so right, she had these assumptions and expectations on motherhood and how baby will just slot in, my baby is 4 months old now and when she was 6/8/10 weeks old I recognised my mental health was declining very quickly, after being in denial I finally recognised I was suffering from PPD, and do you know what helped, sleeping, scheduled feeding and giving my baby a bottle. Baby thrived off routine and now sleeps 7-7 with 1-2 night feeds (not a brag I just mean I recognised what we both needed and worked out what was best for us as a family rather than moaning about it and looking for sympathy). I always wanted to combination feed but said as soon as BF gets in the way of our mental wellbeing’s then i would call it a day. I remember being so low and occasionally looking on Instagram to see how blissfully ashley was finding motherhood, boasting about how she is loving having a newborn even saying how other people struggled in the early days and she absolutely wasn’t struggling. I hope she isn’t suffering now but I would like her to acknowledge that the way she is feeling now, is exactly how thousands were feeling when she was high and mighty on cloud 9 with her newborn.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
So much to say on Ashley I actually can’t get it into words. The above poster is so right, she had these assumptions and expectations on motherhood and how baby will just slot in, my baby is 4 months old now and when she was 6/8/10 weeks old I recognised my mental health was declining very quickly, after being in denial I finally recognised I was suffering from PPD, and do you know what helped, sleeping, scheduled feeding and giving my baby a bottle. Baby thrived off routine and now sleeps 7-7 with 1-2 night feeds (not a brag I just mean I recognised what we both needed and worked out what was best for us as a family rather than moaning about it and looking for sympathy). I always wanted to combination feed but said as soon as BF gets in the way of our mental wellbeing’s then i would call it a day. I remember being so low and occasionally looking on Instagram to see how blissfully ashley was finding motherhood, boasting about how she is loving having a newborn even saying how other people struggled in the early days and she absolutely wasn’t struggling. I hope she isn’t suffering now but I would like her to acknowledge that the way she is feeling now, is exactly how thousands were feeling when she was high and mighty on cloud 9 with her newborn.
My story is near similar to yours I couldn't bf so tried to pump alongside formula but I struggled so much to express enough it affected my mental health to the point I sought out therapy which helped me accept that I couldn't do everything so I stopped trying to pump constantly and just formula fed. Now fast forward and I have an amazing son who is 1 in a fortnight and couldn't be happier or healthier! I will admit that in the beginning few weeks I constantly compared myself and my baby to others especially on social media and it made me feel hopeless and like a failure. Looking back now I know I was crazy as I was putting myself down so much all while being the best mum for my son.

If there are any mums on here doubting yourselves please stop you are doing amazing and are the best parent to your little ones ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 12
She’s the biggest hypocrite. She actually just said ‘don’t be critical of mums who are sharing the tough times’ ??? Ashley, you literally put down and gave out about any mum who made it look anything less than absolutely blissful for months on your Instagram. You were that braggy mum who looked down on other mums and said they were just being negative etc? You did all of the things you’re now complaining are being done to you? I’d hate to see anyone struggle but she has brought this on herself? She’s the one who’s expecting herself to breastfeed, she’s the one saying her baby won’t change her life, she’s the one who’s set these expectations for herself and now that she can’t meet them she wants to blame... society? Other mums? Men? I don’t even know anymore. When is she going to accept, no one else cares. Not being horrible but when she feels down, it’s up to her to sort it. If she didn’t come on her story telling everyone, no one would know any different. She brings all of this upon herself and then looks for sympathy. It’s madness. I don’t have kids but I’ve never seen mums as this ‘frumpy, bitchy click’ ?? I don’t know where she gets this from and I don’t know why she has to inform the world on every thought she has and I know that that’s an awful thing to say but she’s so negative, she literally never has anything good or nice to say. She says she ‘cringes’ at how she talked about other mums before? How about an apology Ashley? Or hold your hands up and say you were wrong rather than ‘oh haha I cringe at myself now’ that’s not good enough! On your huge profile you made so many people feel so awful the way you spoke about them and put down their worries and insecurities and what? You think it’s grand to do that cause you cringe at it now? Has she even said the words ‘I was wrong’??

• Heart
Reactions: 13
She’s the biggest hypocrite. She actually just said ‘don’t be critical of mums who are sharing the tough times’ ??? Ashley, you literally put down and gave out about any mum who made it look anything less than absolutely blissful for months on your Instagram. You were that braggy mum who looked down on other mums and said they were just being negative etc? You did all of the things you’re now complaining are being done to you? I’d hate to see anyone struggle but she has brought this on herself? She’s the one who’s expecting herself to breastfeed, she’s the one saying her baby won’t change her life, she’s the one who’s set these expectations for herself and now that she can’t meet them she wants to blame... society? Other mums? Men? I don’t even know anymore. When is she going to accept, no one else cares. Not being horrible but when she feels down, it’s up to her to sort it. If she didn’t come on her story telling everyone, no one would know any different. She brings all of this upon herself and then looks for sympathy. It’s madness. I don’t have kids but I’ve never seen mums as this ‘frumpy, bitchy click’ ?? I don’t know where she gets this from and I don’t know why she has to inform the world on every thought she has and I know that that’s an awful thing to say but she’s so negative, she literally never has anything good or nice to say. She says she ‘cringes’ at how she talked about other mums before? How about an apology Ashley? Or hold your hands up and say you were wrong rather than ‘oh haha I cringe at myself now’ that’s not good enough! On your huge profile you made so many people feel so awful the way you spoke about them and put down their worries and insecurities and what? You think it’s grand to do that cause you cringe at it now? Has she even said the words ‘I was wrong’??

Exactly this! If she hadn't been so 'well it won't be like that for ME' and holier than thou when she was pregnant, I'd probably have some sympathy for her, but her attitude and constant acting as if she would be fine and her life wouldn't change, really wound me up then! I don't even have children but the way she acted as if that would never be HER life because she has it all figured out seemed so patronising, and in a way I'm glad the reality has hit, but god forbid she'd ever accept that maybe people trying to tell her that before deserve an apology. People weren't even being rude, it was obviously something they felt you don't know til you're a parent, trying to prepare her for reality, but her head is so far up her own arse she couldn't possibly see that reality might be slightly true for her. She totally hasn't even accepted that she was actually wrong, she's even somehow making it seem like no one else could possibly understand how tough she has it... yet she seems to have support from so many family members/people she can pay, when so many others don't! I honestly don't know how Tommy can put up with it, she must be insufferable - bet he can never have an off day!

Reactions: 6
Exactly this! If she hadn't been so 'well it won't be like that for ME' and holier than thou when she was pregnant, I'd probably have some sympathy for her, but her attitude and constant acting as if she would be fine and her life wouldn't change, really wound me up then! I don't even have children but the way she acted as if that would never be HER life because she has it all figured out seemed so patronising, and in a way I'm glad the reality has hit, but god forbid she'd ever accept that maybe people trying to tell her that before deserve an apology. People weren't even being rude, it was obviously something they felt you don't know til you're a parent, trying to prepare her for reality, but her head is so far up her own arse she couldn't possibly see that reality might be slightly true for her. She totally hasn't even accepted that she was actually wrong, she's even somehow making it seem like no one else could possibly understand how tough she has it... yet she seems to have support from so many family members/people she can pay, when so many others don't! I honestly don't know how Tommy can put up with it, she must be insufferable - bet he can never have an off day!
I couldn’t agree more! I don’t have kids either and I can see why the warnings could grate on you on a bad day but Jesus Christ.. maybe I’m just a bit thicker skinned or something but in my opinion people don’t warn you about these things to deliberately piss you off? Like you said above, it’s stuff maybe they didn’t expect or didn’t learn til they became parents themselves? And I find her attitude appalling. I would much rather someone tell me I’m doing something that could potentially harm my child rather than me do it and when it’s too late be hearing ‘oh yeah I knew that would happen’??? She thinks everything is an attack and if she actually listened she might learn something. You have two ears and one mouth for a reason 😂 if I ever am lucky enough to have kids, I have no doubt I’ll be challenged in ways I couldn’t possibly expect, but I’ll be listening to my mam and aunties and people who have been through it so they have some authority on the subject where I don’t. If she doesn’t want people to comment/say things to her, then don’t publicly announce everything you do. It’s not right that it’s so easy for people to message her their opinion but that is just the way it is and if she doesn’t like that then turn off comments and messages or don’t post everything. She’s a grown woman, she knows well how to do all these things but I honestly think she likes the attention and likes having something to give out about. I know she must be busier now with Alf but the things she complains about are sometimes so menial I wonder does she have too much time on her hands. She has more help than most because she has the money and yet she still thinks she has it so much harder than all the mums who tried to warn her. I’d say she’s a nightmare to try and parent alongside

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.