Ashley James #2 Parental warnings I pay no heed, did you know I exclusively breastfeed?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She just said on her stories that he wakes every 45m in the night to feed. Not surprised she wants him to wean so badly, probably hoping he’ll sleep more! She is bloody annoying but waking that often must be soul destroying

Reactions: 2
She just said on her stories that he wakes every 45m in the night to feed. Not surprised she wants him to wean so badly, probably hoping he’ll sleep more! She is bloody annoying but waking that often must be soul destroying
I find this bizarre because yes, that would drive anybody mental and that’s not a reflection on how you feel about your baby, but as a human adult you need more consistent sleep, she’d be better off not getting any at all at that rate. But, she’s the one who insisted and made a very big point of not believing in getting him into a feeding routine as it was going against her motherly instinct. That I can understand as well, but I wish she’d stop making CHOICES and then complaining about the consequences. Any new mothers I know of adore their babies just as much as Ashley, but really believe routine is key in order for things to run as smoothly as possible 😂 and yes not everyone has to do things the same way, but if you choose to breastfeed your baby on demand, this is the result. I honestly think she’s just never happy, and loves to complain and pick fights everywhere. She comes across so nitpicky with everything, like constantly having an issue with things that she can’t possibly change, and then just complaining instead of rectifying the things she can actually change. Her life coach clearly had her work cut out for her 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I find this bizarre because yes, that would drive anybody mental and that’s not a reflection on how you feel about your baby, but as a human adult you need more consistent sleep, she’d be better off not getting any at all at that rate. But, she’s the one who insisted and made a very big point of not believing in getting him into a feeding routine as it was going against her motherly instinct. That I can understand as well, but I wish she’d stop making CHOICES and then complaining about the consequences. Any new mothers I know of adore their babies just as much as Ashley, but really believe routine is key in order for things to run as smoothly as possible 😂 and yes not everyone has to do things the same way, but if you choose to breastfeed your baby on demand, this is the result. I honestly think she’s just never happy, and loves to complain and pick fights everywhere. She comes across so nitpicky with everything, like constantly having an issue with things that she can’t possibly change, and then just complaining instead of rectifying the things she can actually change. Her life coach clearly had her work cut out for her 😂
I agree, especially re routine. Both my kids were fed on demand, but from early ages I tried to set a decent sleep routine - and guess what Ashley - by 6 months both were in their own rooms, feeding 2/3 times a night but that was manageable. I am a firm believer that babies need routine, that they strive on a routine. Yes, each to their own - but if you’re not happy with something, you need to look into changing things.

Reactions: 7
Yeah nothings ever enough. A large proportion are celebration/banging on about how great it was to bf on tv and now it’s like she’s crashed from that and wants something to complain about

Reactions: 2
She’s simply complaining and researching about stopping breastfeeding but then deciding not to change anything to make people… wow your amazing …. She is doing it for her own validation purposes, she’s absolutely neurotic

Reactions: 6
And shes been gifted another baby carrier. She already got gifted an artipop one which was around £300 and now a tiba and marl one. Considering they sell backpacks for £150 not gonna be an affordable for most price tag is it!!

Reactions: 4
I wonder is it just that he’s changing sleep cycles and not actually needing to feed. Babies that age generally have a cycle of 45mins and they struggle to move into the next cycle. It doesn’t necessarily mean a baby needs to feed. (My baby is the same age right now).

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
I breastfed all 3 of mine for a total of 5 years ( even breastfed my daughter for 21/2 years right up until her brother was born! )
Was either breastfeeding or pregnant for total of 9 years between ages of 29-38....however by the time they were 6 months old , they were weaning and receiving 3 meals /day plus 4-5 breastfeeds but they miraculously slept most of the night ( maybe only waking 1-2 max and then only for 20-30 mins )
they slept in Moses basket beside our bed until got too big for it , then transitioned into cot in room next to ours by 5 months..I tried co- sleeping but bed wasn't big enough and I needed space and felt I was disturbed by them and vice versa
I really think Ashley is making life more difficult for herself than is necessary and needs to get a better routine for A , both for his and her benefit but then she wouldn't get everyone's sympathy and attention

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I think she’s making life incredibly difficult - surely he’s waking out of habit and almost using her as a soothed/dummy rather than actually needing milk.

Reactions: 3
Ah sure she's only going for worlds best mammy martyr.
She's hoping statues will be erected in her honour for all she does for her baby. The Madonna and child will have nothing on the crowds that will worship at the hardship that only she has been through 🙄🙄🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Also, where is it PROVEN that breastfeeding protects baby from cancer… like seriously! Ya cant put something like that up!! I’m sure formula fed mothers are feeling awful… it seems breastfeed babies don’t catch colds or anything. This is amazing!!!

My cousins has a baby same Age as mine (one week difference). One breastfed and one formula. Both babies thriving and literally the same size in upper percentiles. Only difference is BF baby has eczema…. So does that PROVE BF does not protect against eczema!? Of course it doesn’t!! FFS!

Reactions: 6
Also, where is it PROVEN that breastfeeding protects baby from cancer… like seriously! Ya cant put something like that up!! I’m sure formula fed mothers are feeling awful… it seems breastfeed babies don’t catch colds or anything. This is amazing!!!

My cousins has a baby same Age as mine (one week difference). One breastfed and one formula. Both babies thriving and literally the same size in upper percentiles. Only difference is BF baby has eczema…. So does that PROVE BF does not protect against eczema!? Of course it doesn’t!! FFS!
Yes to this!!! I bottlefed my two l and both are thriving (my 8 month old is still on formula) but I read that last night thinking if my either of my two got cancer it would be all my fault 😩

• Sad
Reactions: 5
He’s clearly not full else why would he need another feed so soon? Why not give him a massive bottle full and he should sleep for longer?

Reactions: 1
Yes to this!!! I bottlefed my two l and both are thriving (my 8 month old is still on formula) but I read that last night thinking if my either of my two got cancer it would be all my fault 😩
This makes me so sad because no mother should be made to feel that way. I wonder if her sister who bottle feeds felt the same? One minute she’s banging on about how she respects everyone’s choice thenpassige aggressively saying she won’t stop breastfeeding because she believes her son will get sick. It makes me so mad. All of mine were EBF (sorry Ashley, yours isn’t the only dairy farm in Essex!) and were all totally different with sleep.
She’ll learn fast if/when another baby comes along that routine is the key to everyone’s sanity, regardless of how they’re fed.

Reactions: 8
For me I don’t think FF mums should feel the victim or less superior than a bf mum. I certainly don’t. I knew on a population level bf is meant to have more benefits however for me as it wasn’t a certain that if I bf my kids wouldn’t get xyz, ff was the right decision for our family and I I have zero regrets 😊

Reactions: 8
For me I don’t think FF mums should feel the victim or less superior than a bf mum. I certainly don’t. I knew on a population level bf is meant to have more benefits however for me as it wasn’t a certain that if I bf my kids wouldn’t get xyz, ff was the right decision for our family and I I have zero regrets 😊
I agree with you but unfortunately the whole BF vs FF debate can be quite harsh with strong opinions on both sides…..I’ve seen formula feed mothers be made to feel like they aren’t good parents. It gives me pure rage!!!! When everyone’s kids are 5 and in school, the teacher won’t be able to tell who was BF or FF. People need to get off their high horse!

Reactions: 9
Regardless of what’s best she’s made bf her whole identify and that’s not healthy

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I agree with you but unfortunately the whole BF vs FF debate can be quite harsh with strong opinions on both sides…..I’ve seen formula feed mothers be made to feel like they aren’t good parents. It gives me pure rage!!!! When everyone’s kids are 5 and in school, the teacher won’t be able to tell who was BF or FF. People need to get off their high horse!
🙌🏻 Absolutely

Reactions: 1
Whaaaat she’s posted a grid picture with Charlotte after she’s said all that stuff about her copying her and not being a good friend. And they still don’t follow each other?! So odd…

Reactions: 7
Whaaaat she’s posted a grid picture with Charlotte after she’s said all that stuff about her copying her and not being a good friend. And they still don’t follow each other?! So odd…
Was it a public fallout? All I found when I looked were posts about toxic friendships which were quite subtle in terms of who they were about… how confusing!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.