Ashley James #18 A really brilliant mum (under investigation from Social Services)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My 2 year old has to be bribed with muffins when I'm doing the shopping, still better than a screen though! 😅

Reactions: 13
Why don’t they get him a little shopping trolley and get him to walk round and help? That’s what I used to do with my daughter when she was little, she used to love it. Obviously it took twice as long to get round but it made it that bit more bearable. And she was a fiesty little thing at Alf’s age too so they really shouldn’t have a problem with him doing something like that seeing how docile he usually is. They just can’t be arsed to interact with him or encourage his learning and development. I think they genuinely see it as the childminders job to teach him things. That’s the thing with these over privileged head’s though, too lazy to do stuff for themselves and expect everyone else to do it for them.

Reactions: 15
Why don’t they get him a little shopping trolley and get him to walk round and help? That’s what I used to do with my daughter when she was little, she used to love it. Obviously it took twice as long to get round but it made it that bit more bearable. And she was a fiesty little thing at Alf’s age too so they really shouldn’t have a problem with him doing something like that seeing how docile he usually is. They just can’t be arsed to interact with him or encourage his learning and development. I think they genuinely see it as the childminders job to teach him things. That’s the thing with these over privileged head’s though, too lazy to do stuff for themselves and expect everyone else to do it for them.
I go shopping with my 4 & 2 year old every week - the youngest gets put in the buggy, the oldest gets a wee trolley & goes round the shop getting their snacks (usually grapes, bananas, Soreen & sometimes a cookie). He loads up his little trolley at the check out, pays & packs his little bag 😭 it's the sweetest thing in the world & poor Alf doesn't get any of that.

I do wonder if SS will follow up with health visitors / check in on Alf once baby girl 🤢 arrives? He just seems to be slipping through all safeguarding 😕

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I do all my shopping online and avoid taking my 4yo to a supermarket at all costs 🤣

But actually he loves helping with scan as you shop!

• Haha
Do they ever let Alf express himself in any way at all? He’s just constantly hypnotised by screens and never seems to show any emotion, happy or sad. 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 17
I don’t think I knew this.

I guess what I’m saying about iPads is that there is a time and place, but they shouldn’t be used replace interaction. This clearly happens in Ashley’s and poor Alf’s case.
That’s true! Tech is here to stay, so screen time here and there isn’t a bad thing. It’s the things on the screen that are more of an issue. The fine motor skills aspect of having the iPad is lost on him if he’s watching a never ending stream of videos.

Reactions: 12
How does she not see those clips of Alf looking like a zombie hypnotised by the screen, and feel awful?

maybe it’s because she’s just looking at herself?

i think screen time causes too much guilt for most parents, but she and Tommy should be ashamed of what they’ve taken from that child

a couple of hours a day? Sure. No big deal. Not ideal but nobody is perfect.

but he’s literally always on it. I’ve never seen anything like it!

Reactions: 21
How does she not see those clips of Alf looking like a zombie hypnotised by the screen, and feel awful?

i think screen time causes too much guilt for most parents, but she and Tommy should be ashamed of what they’ve taken from that child

But it’s taught him all the days of the month and the ability to count to 100 don’t you know 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Do you know what?
That was a really lovely moment, until he saw the camera and turned away.

D9C07371-87BB-496E-B0C0-AAE34C1DB33A.jpeg

Take the bleeping hint and get it out of his face.

He is your child. Not your content.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
I do all my shopping online and avoid taking my 4yo to a supermarket at all costs 🤣

But actually he loves helping with scan as you shop!
With you here, 2yo & 6m old and have a weekly delivery slot for now. Despite this, when we do brave the shops I wouldn’t have thought to use a screen.
I found the adjustment to two children quite difficult, I worry for Alf when he gets even less attention.

Reactions: 11
T

Totally agree. If this is what she is posting on insta, what is she not?!? I don’t take pics of our boy playing games on a tablet for 30 mins. I might have ones from rugby, or playing hit ball (what he calls golf and if you saw a video of this you would know why 🫣), building dens or baking. All the things we do together for all the other hours of the day. It’s the fact that this is her content that’s really really sad.

Imagine nearly every loving moment with your child being that contrived.

“Quick get this for insta Tommy.”

Get some therapy.

Reactions: 25
So she may have been cuddling him, but then actually specifically asked TNB to take her phone, walk away from them, press record and walk towards her as if it’s totally candid and authentic.
That with the “I love him so much”, is far too try-hard for me. Just enjoy a bloody cuddle with your little boy, you bleeping buffoon.

Reactions: 25
T
Totally agree. If this is what she is posting on insta, what is she not?!? I don’t take pics of our boy playing games on a tablet for 30 mins. I might have ones from rugby, or playing hit ball (what he calls golf and if you saw a video of this you would know why 🫣), building dens or baking. All the things we do together for all the other hours of the day. It’s the fact that this is her content that’s really really sad.
Yes this is what I find concerning too, my videos of my son on social media are him doing random activities around the house. She doesn't have any of those - Alfie is always plonked in the pram with ipad or that's not my book in hand. He is always so docile and placid... and seems almost wary of things?

I honestly don't know why she even needs the iPad out and about when he is so chilled out? I'm sure he would sit still in the trolley or on the train happily looking around eating a snack... It seems really unfair on him he isn't afforded opportunities to observe and enjoy the world around him.

Reactions: 19
I actually wonder if its the opposite. He always seems so docile and chilled out on instagram because he always has a screen in front of him. I think neither of them know how or want to deal with the crazy toddler stage so rather than let him sit in the trolley making a fuss or run around causing carnage they constantly placate him with the ipad. The ipad is the easy way out so they don’t have to parent him or deal with tantrums. But it means he’s not learning to deal with his emotions or learning to express himself which is what this stage in their development is all about. She’s said before how she doesn’t let him cry. I’d say they both almost have a fear of it. The first indication of tears or a tantrum they give in and put him in front of a screen

• Sad
Reactions: 19
I actually wonder if its the opposite. He always seems so docile and chilled out on instagram because he always has a screen in front of him. I think neither of them know how or want to deal with the crazy toddler stage so rather than let him sit in the trolley making a fuss or run around causing carnage they constantly placate him with the ipad. The ipad is the easy way out so they don’t have to parent him or deal with tantrums. But it means he’s not learning to deal with his emotions or learning to express himself which is what this stage in their development is all about. She’s said before how she doesn’t let him cry. I’d say they both almost have a fear of it. The first indication of tears or a tantrum they give in and put him in front of a screen
completely agree with this - it’s why they feed him sugary snacks rather than meals, take him to the same three places (library, soft play and grufallo forest), put him forward facing (he kicked Off the other way round), do all his naps in the pram and buy him the same books. Anything new or progressive might cause upset and that is too much work for these two over-inflated egos.

Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.