Ashley James #18 A really brilliant mum (under investigation from Social Services)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I actually wonder if its the opposite. He always seems so docile and chilled out on instagram because he always has a screen in front of him. I think neither of them know how or want to deal with the crazy toddler stage so rather than let him sit in the trolley making a fuss or run around causing carnage they constantly placate him with the ipad. The ipad is the easy way out so they don’t have to parent him or deal with tantrums. But it means he’s not learning to deal with his emotions or learning to express himself which is what this stage in their development is all about. She’s said before how she doesn’t let him cry. I’d say they both almost have a fear of it. The first indication of tears or a tantrum they give in and put him in front of a screen
Exactly this, they just don't want to interact with him.
Wait till he's 3 and non stop talks, won't be able to parent him with a screen then.

Reactions: 10
I don’t think I’ve ever seen him out of the house without a pouch or the iPad.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
I actually think the shitshow will start much sooner, about 2 days after thumb gets home! She’s done zero research into prepping for a younger sibling and thinks because he kisses her bump he’s going to be the perfect big brother.

this is what happens when you don’t put in the hard work early on, they’ve cut every possible corner and now they are going to pay for it

• Wow
Reactions: 16
We won’t see as much as Alf when Thumberlina is born - she won’t be able to handle two, plus he will start acting out because his sister has all the attention.

She’ll attempt to do it as a “it’s for his privacy” but really it’s because he doesn’t perform how she wants him to & any sign of being unhappy, not getting his way or tantrumming, she freaks out.

As Stewart says, he’s not learning healthy expressions of emotion, but that showing emotion isn’t good, so he’ll suppress it & become avoidant. Exactly everything that Ashley saying she’s ensuring the opposite of.

Reactions: 18
I personally can’t wait for Ashley to start potty training Alf just as Thumbelina starts weaning and/or becomes more mobile.

Lovely day x

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I actually think the shitshow will start much sooner, about 2 days after thumb gets home! She’s done zero research into prepping for a younger sibling and thinks because he kisses her bump he’s going to be the perfect big brother.

this is what happens when you don’t put in the hard work early on, they’ve cut every possible corner and now they are going to pay for it
this is such a good point. She’s done zero prep for Poor Alf (if she had, we’d have heard about it!). Strap in folks, it’s gonna be a bumpy ride. Especially if she decides to do Route 66 with a newborn and a toddler who’s world has been thrown upside down by a new sibling

Reactions: 14
The problem is she just hasn’t allowed him to be a typical 2 year old, she’s avoided everything instead and given him an ipad. I’ve been on the school run when my 2 year old has decided he wants to go and play with traffic and I’ve had to pull him away from a road, cue him then laying in the middle of the pavement screaming while I just stand there like fml 👁👄👁 I’ve done the food shop with him riding around in the actual trolley cos he’s refused to sit in the seat, wrestling shopping out of his hands to go through the checkout. It’s just part of having toddlers, they are insane. It’s stressful, it’s difficult but it’s all learning for me as a parent and for him as a child.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Have to say, the best thing about asshole toddlers is the look of comradeship with other mums whilst they’re turning themselves inside out on the floor 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 27
She's avoided any conflict with Alf up till now...and that's him as a placid toddler,
It's patently obvious neither Alf not her will have the necessary coping mechanisms/ strategies to deal with any conflict as he gets older and demands more attention and support as well as emotional support when things invariably go tits up
She obviously didn't have any support during her formative years thanks to being shipped out to a boarding school, which seems to have done her no favours whatsoever! and it looks like history is repeating itself...she definitely has a chip on her shoulder about many things , but it's Alf who is suffering

Reactions: 17
I’m the first to admit that I get really stressed with our toddler playing up but I know that’s my issue and not his. If I parented like Ash he would still be opening a door on an advent calendar every day from Jan to Dec cos he’s 2 and doesn’t realise that it has to stop! She would be bulk buying them to last all year

• Heart
I personally can’t wait for Ashley to start potty training Alf just as Thumbelina starts weaning and/or becomes more mobile.

Lovely day x
She is in for a treat 🤣 I hope he shits all over the place lol that will teach her for leaving him in it all night long before! I honestly think it’s going to be a right tit show when thumb is born 🫣 I don’t think she will cope with 2 at all.

• Haha
She’ll get a full-time Nanny to help with baby Thumb, and part of their duties will be to look after Alf when he’s at home. They’ll take over the childminder run, and they’ll do most of the school holiday childcare.

Baby thumb is arriving near the end of March right? PERFECT Easter holidays timing, she’s just going to love having Alf home from the childminders for 2 weeks with a newborn around.

Reactions: 15
Ooh I wonder if she’ll get a male nanny, rather than the stereotypical female! Because, you know, patriarchy.

• Haha
Reactions: 13

Lovely day x
I dont think she will potty train him, she will leave it late. Her parenting style is very similar to my sister and brother in laws and they left it to grandparents to do most of the hard work. Plus my niece was over 4 before they wven started . No joke they used to say “we know she is ready we just need to stop being lazy and get it over and done with.” I can literally see Ashley doing this. Nana will have alfie all of the time. Will move in for eight weeks.

Baby thumb is arriving near the end of March right? PERFECT Easter holidays timing, she’s just going to love having Alf home from the childminders for 2 weeks with a newborn around.
We know Alf will go and stay with NNB overnight for at least a few day!

Reactions: 11
We know Alf will go and stay with NNB overnight for at least a few day!
I suppose in a way this is the prep they’ve done. Palm him off to his real grandparents, poor kid.
I only have one but at the moment she won’t respond to anyone else overnight. I know it’s not always going to be like this, it’s exhausting but I can’t imagine a world in which she was happier being shipped off to my in laws so I could prance around in my knickers and call it work 😞

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.