Ashley James #18 A really brilliant mum (under investigation from Social Services)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had an episiotomy and couldn't move for weeks or sit down (they also got infected which was just wow) what kind of tearing does she say she had?

I feel the same way! It's been months and I always said I'd never have another after that experience but you really do heal and I now look back and can finally see that it was still magical, brought me my amazing baby and we are definitely having another in the future ❤
While I look back and think that my boy being born was pretty straightforward I know that there was no way I could have been up preening in the mirror filming myself shortly after birth. Between the episiotomy (which caused me pain and recurring infections for six months), just general discomfort that I assume is normal after pushing out an 8lb 8oz baby and really not wanting to leave my new baby for any longer than needed (that first shower after birth was just about as fast as I could manage while on wobbling legs). She really is just so self absorbed that she needed to record herself preening, it baffles me, her priorities are always skewed it seems.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I don’t believe that that picture of her is postpartum. Firstly, her stomach is too round and smooth: now, obviously, I haven’t seen too many pp tums but, when Princess Kate stood outside the hospital, her bump had softened and dropped.
I took a mirror pic of my bump day after birth to try to understand where my C-section cut was (hair unbrushed, face obscured, no one else has ever seen it). I think I was trying to work out what had just happened to me. Anyway, my bump was pretty much the same as it was pre birth.

I fully believe she went to the loo, sorted out her hair and make up, carefully positioned her knickers and stood there posing taking multiple pictures specifically to post & show what a trooper she was and how she’d done so well.

ETA: she spent the other Friday getting her nails done didn’t she? So much for wanting to spend time with Alf but being too busy. She’s probably convinced herself professional nails are a must for all her ‘shoots’

I took a mirror pic of my bump day after birth to try to understand where my C-section cut was (hair unbrushed, face obscured, no one else has ever seen it). I think I was trying to work out what had just happened to me. Anyway, my bump was pretty much the same as it was pre birth.

I fully believe she went to the loo, sorted out her hair and make up, carefully positioned her knickers and stood there posing taking multiple pictures specifically to post & show what a trooper she was and how she’d done so well.
Really? Oh dear, I shouldn’t make pronouncements on things I know nothing about, should I?! 🤔😆 I hope you didn’t have too difficult a recovery, and are stronger than ever? I can understand why you would want to see what happened re: your scar; when I had operations for chronic (and massive!) breast abscesses I spent a long time looking in the mirror, trying to acclimatise myself to the fact that my body had changed forever. I can’t imagine taking selfies for the ‘Gram, using it as a demonstration of pride in myself.
What about the bleeding, though? How did she manage to cover that up (or even stand)? I think someone said you have to go to theatre to have that kind of tear repaired?

Reactions: 2
Really? Oh dear, I shouldn’t make pronouncements on things I know nothing about, should I?! 🤔😆 I hope you didn’t have too difficult a recovery, and are stronger than ever? I can understand why you would want to see what happened re: your scar; when I had operations for chronic (and massive!) breast abscesses I spent a long time looking in the mirror, trying to acclimatise myself to the fact that my body had changed forever. I can’t imagine taking selfies for the ‘Gram, using it as a demonstration of pride in myself.
What about the bleeding, though? How did she manage to cover that up (or even stand)? I think someone said you have to go to theatre to have that kind of tear repaired?
The bleeding varies hugely. It’s not like a tidal wave all the time though! It’s like a heavy period at times, and worse when you stand up after a long time, or when you’ve been breastfeeding as it makes the uterus contract.
But generally as long as you have decent maternity pads or pants, you’re okay.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I just don’t buy into that “immediately after birth” selfie. I had a relatively straight forward birth but I would never have stood in front of a mirror like that, let alone be caressing what was left of my bump. I couldn’t even look at my stomach for about 48 hours cos I was too scared to see what it looked like 😂
I had an emergency caesarean after a 70 hour labour and once I had come out of recovery and put back into the room, my little one had to be taken to be cannulated and have some extra checks. I wasn’t allowed to go with so my husband did and I briefly ended up completely alone for about 20 minutes. I was in so much pain and so exhausted and confused at what had just happened that I took a wonky picture of my stomach (in bed in selfie mode) because I felt like my stomach was gaping open and I couldn’t move 😅 Didn’t even realise until that point that I had a bandage over the cut and I was covered in purple bruises 😂

(I did not capture my swollen pre-eclamptic yellow eyed face though 🥲) lovely day x

• Heart
Reactions: 9
If we are being honest. I have a picture that my husband took of me being sick over my newborns head as we did skin to skin and I attempted to breastfeed for the first time (this was right before a midwife forcefully manhandled my boob in to his mouth) and I think it’s now deleted but I felt like I had stitches right down my inside leg and I couldn’t even attempt to get in any position to see if I was right so I took a pic to check (Covid so only had a 1hr visiting time slot for my husband to help with such fun tasks). So perhaps we are all being a bit unfair on Miss James and taking pics postpartum is something that crosses our minds 😜

• Heart
Reactions: 7
If we are being honest. I have a picture that my husband took of me being sick over my newborns head as we did skin to skin and I attempted to breastfeed for the first time (this was right before a midwife forcefully manhandled my boob in to his mouth) and I think it’s now deleted but I felt like I had stitches right down my inside leg and I couldn’t even attempt to get in any position to see if I was right so I took a pic to check (Covid so only had a 1hr visiting time slot for my husband to help with such fun tasks). So perhaps we are all being a bit unfair on Miss James and taking pics postpartum is something that crosses our minds 🙄
But I don’t think any of us had brushed our hair, put on make up, and uploaded them to our public Instagram…..

Reactions: 12
Sure Tommy appreciates her announcing that..
Nothing wrong with a woman being the main breadwinner but if you were TNB and you knew that your partner earned more than you from insincere brand deals, nearly naked home made photo shoots and discussing things she knows nothing about on TV, I feel like you’d be unimpressed. But maybe he doesn’t give a crap as long as she’s bringing in the cash. Eugh.

Reactions: 13
My issue with the "immediately after childbirth" video is that it's there to just make other mums feel inadequate, even though it's highly unlike it was just afterwards. Why would you take time to do you hair and make your face look alright, then admire yourself that heavily. I remember after giving birth I genuinely felt like it was another person looking back at me. I had blood down my legs, my bra which I had given birth in was gross, my tummy was saggy. It really wasn't something I wanted to document or share with the world! I will remember both of my kids just after birth feeling forever, didn't need a video or photo to prove I looked amazing. I also had 2 very pleasant, easy births. But walking was still bloody painful!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Sure Tommy appreciates her announcing that..
And it's a bleeping tragedy that she earns more than him for getting her tits out at every opportunity & always stating she hates being a parent. These absolute wasters get paid more than any public service job in the country for doing sweet FA!

Reactions: 15
She is as bad as the patriarchy she hates so deeply. The better way to handle that situation is to say “no, actually I have my own money thank you very much and can afford to pay my own way thanks”. She is just demeaning Tommy. How is that fair?

Reactions: 18
@Autisteuse Thank you. It's a common misconception that the bump goes down quickly, and absolutely for some it does. I just try to be fair so as not to undermine calling out the proven lies. You see influencers clinging to some tiny piece of incorrect criticism like 'ha, trolls, wrong! They just make stuff up' so they can ignore the accurate criticisms.

If we are being honest. I have a picture that my husband took of me being sick over my newborns head as we did skin to skin and I attempted to breastfeed for the first time (this was right before a midwife forcefully manhandled my boob in to his mouth) and I think it’s now deleted but I felt like I had stitches right down my inside leg and I couldn’t even attempt to get in any position to see if I was right so I took a pic to check (Covid so only had a 1hr visiting time slot for my husband to help with such fun tasks). So perhaps we are all being a bit unfair on Miss James and taking pics postpartum is something that crosses our minds 😜
As others said, I don't think taking a picture (well, video) is an issue. It's the preening and posing, leg forward, shoulders back to look her best, smiling for the gram. Was she just lucky to look that good still? Maybe and we can't say she's wrong for that. But even down to the black Tenas it's so contrived for posting rather than a snap for her own benefit.

Like the travel with toddlers post - obvious info helping no-one like 'take entertainment and snacks' then a picture of her holiday. She pitches it as a helpful post, 'look at me in my inco knickers, this is ThE rEaLiTy' but it's really an excuse to pose and brag and not helpful at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
She is as bad as the patriarchy she hates so deeply. The better way to handle that situation is to say “no, actually I have my own money thank you very much and can afford to pay my own way thanks”. She is just demeaning Tommy. How is that fair?
Frightening that realistically she doesn’t see that they are a team, and equals in the relationship. Those relationships are flawed and the sad thing is that she claims she doesn’t need a man yet she’s so heavily dependent on him from a childcare/caring point of view but not financially or because she’s a self made woman who doesn’t need a man.

Reactions: 10
@Autisteuse Thank you. It's a common misconception that the bump goes down quickly, and absolutely for some it does. I just try to be fair so as not to undermine calling out the proven lies. You see influencers clinging to some tiny piece of incorrect criticism like 'ha, trolls, wrong! They just make stuff up' so they can ignore the accurate criticisms.

As others said, I don't think taking a picture (well, video) is an issue. It's the preening and posing, leg forward, shoulders back to look her best, smiling for the gram. Was she just lucky to look that good still? Maybe and we can't say she's wrong for that. But even down to the black Tenas it's so contrived for posting rather than a snap for her own benefit.

Like the travel with toddlers post - obvious info helping no-one like 'take entertainment and snacks' then a picture of her holiday. She pitches it as a helpful post, 'look at me in my inco knickers, this is ThE rEaLiTy' but it's really an excuse to pose and brag and not helpful at all.
The sarcasm in my post clearly didn’t come out as clear as I had intended 🫣 this was the point I was trying to make. She looks like she’s just had the glam squad in and we have pics looking like we did a few rounds with Mike tyson!

• Heart
Well, I guess now we know why she was buying loads of underwear for bigger busted ladies last year.
So she could steal their designs.

I wonder how she feels about being called the ‘face and body’ for Sainsbury’s and tu clothing. She’s more than a face and body you know….!!!!

9BA200C8-8CD5-4E91-9779-0AE4CAE951B8.jpeg

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.