Ashley James #18 A really brilliant mum (under investigation from Social Services)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Morning, all. Hope you’re all doing well! I’m up to the eyeballs in academic work - analysing postmodern interpretations of crisis and war - hence recent silence…
I spent five years dealing with complex PTSD, with trauma accumulated over a lifetime of poor treatment, numerous SAs and a partner who deliberately used the memories of traumatic events to gaslight, abuse and disparage me. When I came out of that relationship, my self-esteem - actually my sense of self altogether - at rock bottom, fibrillating from the cruelty inflicted. I was having suicidal thoughts and ideation due to the eighty or so flashbacks I experienced on a daily basis. I simply didn’t want to *be* any more. Without a stellar trauma therapist, I wouldn’t be here. Luckily, I’ve come out the other side. When I have finished my current studies, I am going to train as a trauma therapist, working with women who have endured SA and marital violence. I am also learning Ukrainian and, when the war is over and that shattered nation is rebuilding itself piece by piece, am volunteering to help survivors of Russian cruelty.
PTSD is no joke. It is never a joke. It shall never be a joke.
PTSD is not something to refer to flippantly, lightly, carelessly. It is crushing. It leeches all the colour from the world. It is the experience of utter darkness, as if one is separated from the world by a pane of glass: one can see that others’ lives go on, that they live free of the fear of memory.
Yet again, Ms James shows us her metaphorical (and, too often, literal) arse. She has no empathy. She is devoid of compassion. She is careless of the feelings of others.
I’m not surprised, though, given that either she or one of her minions came on here and denigrated autistic people’s mental capacity; she weaponised a psychological disorder as a means by which she (attempted to) deliver a cruel blow. As I said at the time, and say now, it had no effect on me, simply confirming how loathsome she is. But there are many, many people who will be adversely affected by her casual, thoughtless attitude towards mental conditions. There are many who will be made all the more vulnerable as a consequence of her malign attitude.
The indepth expose continues to write itself.
I wish you were my therapist x

• Heart
Reactions: 10
In true Ash (grade A student style) she is failing to explain anything well. I think what she is trying and brilliantly failing at articulating is the “just you wait until the molars come in”, “just you wait until the terrible 2’s start, you know they start way before 2 and last until they are 10” these pointless comments you get or the “oh you say you are just having one, but just wait till they aren’t a newborn and you want another”. We all deal with these and they are pretty useless. This isn’t unsolicited advice tho like she calls it. The unsolicited advice she gets is from people giving her sensible advice like “get all that crap out your child’s cot you crazy woman!”
This is again different from chatting about our own experiences in a conversation, that’s called having a conversation. Ash only seems to like conversations when everyone is on the same page as her she seems to live in a complete echo chamber and can’t interact with people sensibly.
Exactly this! You just brush past the semi useless comments, I was alllllways asked when I was having another child when my first was 1, just brushed it off. Didn't go on a rant about it. (It was always older women as well)
But her example of saying when you go on holiday and someone says my friend was in a plane crash...terrible example! You would definitely brush it off and have logic that actually plane crashes are incredibly rare.

But as you have said, "unsolicited advice" in her opinion is "you shouldn't have forward facing child at this age" that is actually well researched health and safety requirements not a just you wait comment

She is insufferable

She also says she is currently in her dream job, what is it she does? Rambles on her barely listened to podcast? Dream come true

Reactions: 15
Just because she doesn’t enjoy motherhood and thinks it’s all tedious and restrictive she thinks anyone else who feels otherwise is just lying or not being honest with themselves or afraid to ‘speak the truth’. Patronising twit. Some of us actively like it and are able to enjoy our children and see the many challenges as part and parcel to the joy and privilege of experiencing parenthood. That’s my truth, stick that up your fanny Trashly.

EDIT to say it’s fine if you do find it hard and don’t like various stages but that doesn’t mean those that don’t agree are lying.
Exactly this!!! According to Ashley you are only allowed to talk about parenthood if you are divulging how tit it is, because she considers anyone that praises parenthood as giving them purpose has unhelpful opinions.

Well I'm sorry Ash but you still talking about your single years and travelling solo and all that other crap is what's unhelpful.

Yes your identity changes when you become a parent, it's permanent like Ashley says but duck it's wonderful!!!! and but for the majority of parents it's a fulfilling, welcome change... parents who think this way are not hiding anything or fabricating the truth. We just have accepted the change and the challenges that come with it. No one is denying that it's not hard (I have 2 under 2 and believe me some days I am banging my head against the wall) but her constant complaining regarding being a mother makes it seem like it's all a punishment.

I can't believe every single day she needs to moan about motherhood in some way, shape or form. That's her only content - hating the fact she's a mum, showing off her tits and talking about how she was single and travelled solo (the travelling even got a mention in the latest stories!). Give it a rest!! So glad her followers are catching on and calling her out.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
So let me get this straight, our grade A Ash doesn’t want any negative birth stories in her DM’s or any just you wait comments but she also wants us to stop ‘glamourising’ motherhood and wants women to be able to talk about their struggles and challenges during childbirth/ parenting? It must be absolutely exhausting being her! Just pick a lane and stay in it you boring bastard

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Exactly this!!! According to Ashley you are only allowed to talk about parenthood if you are divulging how tit it is, because she considers anyone that praises parenthood as giving them purpose has unhelpful opinions.

Well I'm sorry Ash but you still talking about your single years and travelling solo and all that other crap is what's unhelpful.

Yes your identity changes when you become a parent, it's permanent like Ashley says but duck it's wonderful!!!! and but for the majority of parents it's a fulfilling, welcome change... parents who think this way are not hiding anything or fabricating the truth. We just have accepted the change and the challenges that come with it. No one is denying that it's not hard (I have 2 under 2 and believe me some days I am banging my head against the wall) but her constant complaining regarding being a mother makes it seem like it's all a punishment.

I can't believe every single day she needs to moan about motherhood in some way, shape or form. That's her only content - hating the fact she's a mum, showing off her tits and talking about how she was single and travelled solo (the travelling even got a mention in the latest stories!). Give it a rest!! So glad her followers are catching on and calling her out.
This. She also romanticises her old life into perfection. She’s said she was broke for much of it & didn’t have stable work. She’s admitted to binge drinking and black outs even at the start of her relationship with Tommy. She had numerous bad relationships previously then actively went looking for a relationship so obviously felt something was lacking at that stage. She describes feeling a disconnect with friends who’d had babies and losing some friendships. These things don’t make her bad but they don’t speak of someone who had easy breezy perfection and was completely fulfilled like she makes out now.

Reactions: 19
Her main gripe with motherhood appears to be that her child doesn’t slot effortlessly into her C List influencer/celeb lifestyle.

her examples of why motherhood is hard all relate to childcare - not the actual grind that most mums do like cooking, playing with and supporting a child’s development.
Don’t get me wrong childcare is a disgrace and should be less expensive but she makes that her issue because she doesn’t want to be around her child. She can afford (and does pay) for all the childcare in the world. She thinks other mums would be happier if they spent as little time with their children as she does.

Reactions: 20
She’s doing her dream job at the moment? Talking tit on a racist news channel and posing in her underwear in reels that nobody asked for? Cool cool.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Has she literally just said she wouldn't share her birth story with anyone about to give birth? Did I read that correctly? Because then I'm unsure how I seem to know EVERY bleeping DETAIL of said birth. I must have forgotten that I was in the room with her then. Sweet jesus, does Ash suffer from amnesia?
Also, is grade A ash not smart enough to realise if enough people are struggling to understand what she's saying, it's not them that's the problem. It's you and your crappy explanations and contradictory comments over the past 2 years 🤦🏻‍♀️.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
So let me get this straight, our grade A Ash doesn’t want any negative birth stories in her DM’s or any just you wait comments but she also wants us to stop ‘glamourising’ motherhood and wants women to be able to talk about their struggles and challenges during childbirth/ parenting? It must be absolutely exhausting being her! Just pick a lane and stay in it you boring bastard
She only wanted to hear good stories when she was pregnant with Alf, didn’t want negativity or to listen to unsolicited advice, I suspect most people weren’t offering advice they were simply telling their story. Personally hearing good and bad stories about childbirth/babies/toddlers etc gave me a realistic approach to all of those stages. By people telling their story it gave me a better understanding of what was ahead and that it wasn’t a breeze, the birth may not be textbook, that babies don’t sleep, that I may have a fussy eater. Her expectation was far greater because she expected unicorns and flowers rather than being realistic.

Reactions: 10
Yes Trashley so much to unpick here!
Everyone that DMs you and you choose to only show the profile picture of the person that doesn’t agree with you!
Also, had to get in there with the ‘I brought my own tens machine’ God forbid crediting anything the NHS did to help her birth a healthy baby!

Reactions: 17
View attachment 1888895
What’s she’s saying here is “I’ve had a shocker” and later “I’m gutted” because there was a car accident and her hair and make up person couldn’t come. YOU’VE not had a shocker you self absorbed hole.
Also it’s not all a first world problem - the make-up artist bit not coming might be. But to even label the traffic caused by the RTA as a first world problem. I’m sorry but does she think there’s no traffic or car accidents in Bangladesh or Suriname??? Like in her mind whichever countries are classed as “not first world” (a term I abhor, the PC term is developed or more developed nation(s) - and even then it’s not great) is they don’t have cars, traffic and or mobile MUAs and hairstylists. It might be nit-picking, so pull me up if needed.

[Trigger warning death in an RTA] Also to causally at the end share about her friend dying, why does she need to make this particular thing about her too? Today, someone could’ve been killed or injured in that RTA she references and in any event why would she be not able to get over her plans being scuppered by a normal traffic jam, it’s London, things get backed up.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Why does she expect everything like a queen? It’s a standard at my hospital that if you want to use a TENS machine you take it yourself. Get over yourself Ashley you bleeping idiot.
Love how she ignored all the other things she was offered. Does she realise that she was probably too close to delivery to get an epidural? Based on her story of her birth. Or maybe she was coping & the midwives knew it?
My cousin asked for an epidural but they told her she could do it (was v close to baby being born) and she admits how she was fine, just desperate for a bit of relief, which she got in the form of pethadine.
I’ve had to stop watching her stories but love how she hates being called out yet is happy to call every other fucker on earth out 🙄

And the first world problem make up issue, seriously.. get a bleeping life. Save the money you spend on that everyday for your “I don’t get maternity leave” pot ya divvy.
Not to matter that lives may have been lost considering a RTA that completely shuts down roads usually means it’s fatal. So bleeping selfish.

Reactions: 11
Yes Trashley so much to unpick here!
Everyone that DMs you and you choose to only show the profile picture of the person that doesn’t agree with you!
Also, had to get in there with the ‘I brought my own tens machine’ God forbid crediting anything the NHS did to help her birth a healthy baby!
Came to say the same - she picks out a bunch of DMs that conveniently agree with her and keeps them anonymous, but shows the photo of someone who calls her out on her bullshit. How pathetic. She’s so childish in her reactions to people who are fed up of her constantly changing narrative, always goes off on a big defensive ramble. I’ll bet she sent a nasty message back to that person, she won’t be able to help herself.

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.