Ashley Cain #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I do get where people are coming from and of course entitled to their opinions and agree a statement of some sort addressing some plans might have helped. We have to remember they are still grieving though

getting the foundation set up ASAP is paramount in it being a success in my opinion whilst Azaylia is the forefront of people’s minds because once another high profile sick child comes along people will be donating to that. It’s just the way these things work. The foundation needs to be kept in people’s minds and promoted.

Yes they could give a million to one child now but there is always going to be another child later down the line if the money is gone and the foundation didn’t make more, what then? Setting up the foundation and trying to get regular funds flowing in will ultimately help more children in the long run than maybe just a couple of handful immediately
I get their still grieving but that also raises the question of if their still grieving and can’t do basic things to ensure everything is transparent then they shouldn’t be doing the foundation.

I’m not a fan of how they could be doing a lot more and I get that’s it’s due to grief so my opinion is they shouldn’t be doing this.

It’s all spar trips etc when they could be doing content awareness

I also think a lot of children’s charities have a medical offshoot for research neither can do that. Personally think their trying to do too much outside of their expertise

Focus on the families/awareness and leave the research to others

Reactions: 2
Let's try and keep this a calm thread so it doesn't end up getting locked guys. I think the whole situation is getting to everyone, if people like Ash then you can always make a rave thread so you don't have to see comments you may not like. We are all allowed our own opinion, this isn't a rave thread, so we will be openly talking about things we dislike/don't agree with.

Let's all be friends x

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I’m glad I stumbled across this thread. Ashley has always come across as completely disingenuous to me. It was always HIS daughter and HIS grief snd no empathy or love for Saf. I feel so much for both of them losing their child and I know they must be heartbroken but his posts make me cringe so much so I unfollowed him (as I can’t stand “let’s go champ)! I donated to the go fund me and I have no opinion on that or their financial status. There is just something slightly off with the whole shebang

Reactions: 24
Wow, it's been a bit hard to read through this thread! I do think that we should all probably just remember that we each have our own opinion and there's no point in arguing with strangers online.

I agree with people posting on here saying the gofundme page should be closed now that the foundation has been launched. There are currently 2 places to donate directly to them.
The update on the GFM page does say that money will be used towards a charity in A's name so hopefully the funds will be transferred to the foundation soon. I have no doubt that they will use that money towards helping other children and families - can you imagine the backlash if it wasn't!
I'm certainly no fan of them at all, I did not like the way they showed A on camera in her last days. It was truly horrific to see. I actually had to block Ashley's page as it kept coming up as suggested posts. It's been hard to see Saf on her lives, she is obviously quite lonely and needs to get proper support.
Bit odd that there wasn't much of a big deal on the foundation insta when the bike ride was completed!

Reactions: 11
Is Ashley going back home today . Intrested to see what he does next . I hope he spends some time with saf as she is struggling and needs some support x

Reactions: 9
I’ve said this all on previous threads but; If the go fund me is still open, it hasn’t been closed to withdraw any funds so they haven’t spent it on themselves.
Speculation is fine to a degree but we can’t condemn anyone unless they have actually done wrong and we know it.

Reactions: 13
Is Ashley going back home today . Intrested to see what he does next . I hope he spends some time with saf as she is struggling and needs some support x
I’m quite curious to see if they take a break to either grieve or do behind the scenes stuff for the foundation, or if he will go straight into the next challenge. I also hope he spends time with her and they take the time to properly grieve their loss

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I hope they do . They could do with a little weekend away just them two and grieve together .

Reactions: 3
Also, just going to add that we can’t have it all ways, she did an AD people didn’t like that, if they take money from the gofundme that’s not right (I know there are other options but to them right now they don’t want to return to their old lives)

• Heart
Reactions: 7
He needs to go home, both of them come
Of social media even if it’s for a long weekend and spend some quality time together and talk to each other. But of course Ashley won’t do that, that would be too normal and not chauvinistic for him.

Reactions: 4
Little bit disrespectful when i've just mentioned I did exactly this after my sons funeral.
It was f'ing hard. I wouldn't wish loosing a child on anyone but my son didn't get any of that either. He was 3 days old. We didn't even bring him home.
Think how we felt when we saw that.
It’s not a little bit disrespectful, it’s extremely disrespectful, tactless and unkind.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Also Ashley is Caribbean, in our funerals we cry at the church then we dance, drink, sing, and share stories. Regardless of age, this is a part of our grieving process. If it’s different in your culture and you’ve been taught to be more reserved in these situations that’s absolutely fine, but you shouldn’t comment on what other cultures choose to do :/
My friends mum is also from the Caribbean but lived in Nottingham. I went to her funeral and it was THE most bizarre thing Iv ever been to. Some of the women in the family wore full on 80’s style full length ball gowns. The men wore brightly coloured clothing. One man wore a white suit and fedora hat. When it came to the burial the family member took selfies as she was lowered into the ground !!!!

• Wow
Sorry to be cynical but I really have a hard time believing they cycled it all. They don’t seem to be struggling at all when they arrive to their points and they weren’t training for long before doing it and are basically cycling novices. So odd.

Also Ashley always seems to look to his brother and not Tamika. I actually feel sorry for her.

Reactions: 5
Sorry to be cynical but I really have a hard time believing they cycled it all. They don’t seem to be struggling at all when they arrive to their points and they weren’t training for long before doing it and are basically cycling novices. So odd.

Also Ashley always seems to look to his brother and not Tamika. I actually feel sorry for her.
I’m the same , I highly doubt they cycled as much as they say they did

Enjoy your flight Ash , don’t forget to give the mother of your child a hug

Reactions: 4
I find it strange after all the posting and lives Saf hasnt been on at all not even a well done post hope she’s ok

I very must doubt that Saf has got a ticket on that flight,,, she will be expected to slum it back with one of the entourage! Hope I’m wrong. She SHOULD be included in that plane journey! It’s her business as much as his and I believe the go fund is in her name as she set it up initially!
not sure if the footage last night of ash in the caravan with his mum was late maybe Saf in bed, but having said that it’s not unusual to see her anywhere near him when it’s actually physically possible.
I’m very much that this is a suck it and see scenario and time will tell what the outgoing transactions have been to date. I’m 💯 certain that the fleet of the 3 professional bikes would have been used to be seen as an necessity/investment to carry out his cycling vision for the foundation.
I hope that all the athletes involved have some quality downtime and rest and they have punished their bodies with the challenge.
But knowing Ash he will already be embarking on something bigger and better to keep the Ashley Show alive.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.