Ashley Cain #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No, that is where you are wrong.
They broke lockdown rules to have her party. I'm not saying funeral because it wasn't.

My son died just before Azaylia and we had 30 people at his funeral with just myself, my husband and my family afterwards for some sandwiches. We literally sat around in silence most of the afternoon.
I didn't want to dance and sing whilst mourning my son. Celebrate him yes, but we have many other ways to do that.

The whole funeral didn't sit right with me.
I can’t imagine how hard it must of been for you to of had to limit your sons funeral, while they were allowed to throw a party.. my thoughts are with you and I am so incredibly sorry for you loss❤

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I think the funeral was perfect from the videos a pictures I could see saff and Ashley smile. That’s something money can’t buy if you’ve lost your child. I’m glad they didn’t sit there crying over a cup of tea. God knows what that day was like for them the emotions the build up etc. If Ashley dancing helped him then good. I think we shouldn’t ever comment on the funeral. She was a baby, she didn’t get a 1st birthday never mind all the other mile stones.

• Angry
Reactions: 18
I think this thread is a healthy example of differences of opinions and we should respect everyone's opinion regardless. Just life isn't it? Not everyone will agree.
I don't know Ashley,never met him or even knew who he was before A got ill. But seeing what him and saf have been through is heartbreaking. It's beyond comprehension. And yet many other families go through it all the time. But what Ash and Saf have done is bring it into the public domain more. I personally hate social media,but its definitely raised peoples awareness of childhood illness, even if alot of us feel it was too much towards the end. Usually we hear of a poorly child, maybe go and donate some money and then we go about out lives. But seeing their stories on a daily basis I think really struck a chord with people and they started to invest emotionally in their story- and it worked because they raised so much money.
I don't think they are spending the money for their own gains, but that's just my opinion. I think they genuinely want to help other people. That's not to say that Ashley isnt enjoying some part of the spotlight, but let's face it I'm sure he would swap it all in an instant if it meant his daughter was here. He's alot of things, but no one could doubt he loved A.
I 100% agree that he isn't supporting saf as much as he could and it breaks my heart. She's so vulnerable and as a new mum I just can't imagine how she must be feeling and how raw it all must be. But then again,maybe Ashley can't even deal with his own feelings.
What I would like to see, especially as a new mum. Is I wish they would talk more about the signs and symptoms of cancer on babies/ children. Maybe get some doctors or nurses invloved talking about what to look out for. Have them on their posts. Maybe doctor Alex who has a big sm following. I think while they have the world's attention it may save a few lives.
But I feel so sorry for them both and I hope in time they can heal and that one day when they've had a good life, they can reunite with their little girl once more. Rest in peace A. X

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Lool absolutely have plenty of savings chick no worries there. And I’m glad that you are clearly Ashley’s financial advisor since you know all about his finances🤣. Again what a hypocrite are you why do you think your opinion is more accurate or valid? Also why do you have so much time on your hands to constantly defend someone who you do not know? And previously a bit showy loool he made his whole life about showing off his likely fake wares and flashy lifestyle, which is fine whatever but then that persona has changed to one that better fits his current role Of him being a changed man. Lol I’m sorry but you don’t get to act the way he did be it a time or be it true and walk away from it because you have decided you are a changed man! As I said others way more known than him have lost jobs and careers over things like that. I also don’t hate him and obviously have greatest sympathy for them both. But that does not mean I can not comment anything but In favour of them! And well done for lowering yourself to the how so obvious you must be jealous comments🤦🏻‍♀️So sad that anyone that disagrees is now a troll and jealous pathetic really.
I’ve never once called you jealous, this seems to be an insecurity of yours as you’ve said it multiple times so stop if you don’t like the accusation?

If you can’t imagine how a family are maintaining a pretty average lifestyle off savings, sporadic income, and selling a few high value bits then I can’t convince you of this ~abstract concept~ because you clearly aren’t in a position where you can fathom it being possible? I don’t need to be Ashley’s financial advisor to say there are many obvious run of the mill answers as to how they’re sustaining themselves so I’m not going to back the wholly foundless one of fraud?

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I think this thread is a healthy example of differences of opinions and we should respect everyone's opinion regardless. Just life isn't it? Not everyone will agree.
I don't know Ashley,never met him or even knew who he was before A got ill. But seeing what him and saf have been through is heartbreaking. It's beyond comprehension. And yet many other families go through it all the time. But what Ash and Saf have done is bring it into the public domain more. I personally hate social media,but its definitely raised peoples awareness of childhood illness, even if alot of us feel it was too much towards the end. Usually we hear of a poorly child, maybe go and donate some money and then we go about out lives. But seeing their stories on a daily basis I think really struck a chord with people and they started to invest emotionally in their story- and it worked because they raised so much money.
I don't think they are spending the money for their own gains, but that's just my opinion. I think they genuinely want to help other people. That's not to say that Ashley isnt enjoying some part of the spotlight, but let's face it I'm sure he would swap it all in an instant if it meant his daughter was here. He's alot of things, but no one could doubt he loved A.
I 100% agree that he isn't supporting saf as much as he could and it breaks my heart. She's so vulnerable and as a new mum I just can't imagine how she must be feeling and how raw it all must be. But then again,maybe Ashley can't even deal with his own feelings.
What I would like to see, especially as a new mum. Is I wish they would talk more about the signs and symptoms of cancer on babies/ children. Maybe get some doctors or nurses invloved talking about what to look out for. Have them on their posts. Maybe doctor Alex who has a big sm following. I think while they have the world's attention it may save a few lives.
But I feel so sorry for them both and I hope in time they can heal and that one day when they've had a good life, they can reunite with their little girl once more. Rest in peace A. X
I’m all for difference of opinion, but when there’s people saying the ones disagreeing are disgusting or trolls for simply expressing opinions it starts to get annoying

Im sorry but they have all this go fund me
Money charity money whatever. But 20 grand to the hospital where A was, was an absolute joke tbh. That is pennies compared to what they could’ve given from that go fund me and should’ve given. Why don’t they donate some to research for children’s cancers? After all there have been no new treatments for 20 years. They need to raise awareness of this, I can’t see what the charity is really doing rather than just sharing Azaylias name more. They could be helping so many children at the moment. I follow a 9 year old girls story called Sophie who is currently at the end stages of life and it’s horrific what she has gone through. Maybe they could share her story and her fight. Not just As

Reactions: 10
I ain’t a fan of them but I don’t agree with the accusations on this thread like others . Don’t attack me for it . Anyway I’m going work
The point of these forums and threads is to discuss things like what we are discussing, I don't see anybody being overly rude or nasty, we are simply stating what we see and have questions surrounding it. I think he is incredible for what he's done for the charity regarding the bike ride, and between the two of them posting about Azaylia on Insta, look how many people became donors overnight. They have done some incredible things, it's clear they adore their daughter and nobody here has ever questioned that. Some things just don't quite add up, that's all.

• Wow
I think the funeral was perfect from the videos a pictures I could see saff and Ashley smile. That’s something money can’t buy if you’ve lost your child. I’m glad they didn’t sit there crying over a cup of tea. God knows what that day was like for them the emotions the build up etc. If Ashley dancing helped him then good. I think we shouldn’t ever comment on the funeral. She was a baby, she didn’t get a 1st birthday never mind all the other mile stones.
Little bit disrespectful when i've just mentioned I did exactly this after my sons funeral.
It was f'ing hard. I wouldn't wish loosing a child on anyone but my son didn't get any of that either. He was 3 days old. We didn't even bring him home.
Think how we felt when we saw that.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Money charity money whatever. But 20 grand to the hospital where A was, was an absolute joke tbh. That is pennies compared to what they could’ve given from that go fund me and should’ve given. Why don’t they donate some to research for children’s cancers? After all there have been no new treatments for 20 years. They need to raise awareness of this, I can’t see what the charity is really doing rather than just sharing Azaylias name more. They could be helping so many children at the moment. I follow a 9 year old girls story called Sophie who is currently at the end stages of life and it’s horrific what she has gone through. Maybe they could share her story and her fight. Not just As
I also know of a 9 year old girl named Sophie who is at the end stages of life, maybe it’s the same girl. But I agree, there’s a lot more that could be going on than just this bike ride

Reactions: 1
This thread has become so painful. How many timesss do we have to repeat the same comments between the same people. The foundation is newly created, that’s where your money is, they have the whole financial year to distribute the funds to other charities and families. They are not going to dish it out overnight, the cycling challenge finished last night, no one seems to have any patience to see what will come next in terms of donations
Look my point is the money was donated for urgent treatment, not to start up a foundation. People donated to get Azaylia's treatment started a soon as possible. The goal posts have now moved to using the money to start a foundation, which is admirable but not what people were asked to donate to. Starting up anything costs some money and time, so therefore not all the money raised will go directly to treatment of a sick child or be donated a quickly as those who donated expected, they have already told us some of the money as also used for the funeral. All I am saying is that, if the goal of the go fund me has changed, I believe everyone should have the option if they want to have their money back or redirect it to another gofund me cause where money is needed urgently. I don't think that's unreasonable or unfair.

• Heart
There’s thousands of other children in the same situation how on earth would you pick which ones to help first, you can’t sit at a table to try and decide who’s more important and weighing up a child’s life so donating to research is the kindest option as you’ve said there’s been no new treatments for over 20 years and they’re won’t be for another 20 if people don’t start helping to fund research

Little bit disrespectful when i've just mentioned I did exactly this after my sons funeral.
It was f'ing hard. I wouldn't wish loosing a child on anyone but my son didn't get any of that either. He was 3 days old. We didn't even bring him home.
My heart absolutely breaks for you, sending you love and hugs, the rules regarding funerals were awful and so bloody unfair x

• Heart
Look my point is the money was donated for urgent treatment, not to start up a foundation. People donated to get Azaylia's treatment started a soon as possible. The goal posts have now moved to using the money to start a foundation, which is admirable but not what people were asked to donate to. Starting up anything costs some money and time, so therefore not all the money raised will go directly to treatment of a sick child or be donated a quickly as those who donated expected, they have already told us some of the money as also used for the funeral. All I am saying is that, if the goal of the go fund me has changed, I believe everyone should have the option if they want to have their money back or redirect it to another gofund me cause where money is needed urgently. I don't think that's unreasonable or unfair.
I can definitely understand this point of view but this seems more a comment on the mechanics of gofundme than the family? I agree the platform as a whole is wildly unregulated and there are undoubtedly frauds happening on it daily. Were donors not offered a refund (honest Q)?

The average donation appears to be around £14. I’m aware there will have been a range of £1-£x0000 within that but I can imagine for that amount of money most contributors don’t feel as if the Cains need to provide immediate statutory reporting as to where their donations have been, currently are, and will be and are happy leaving it in a charitable trust in good faith.

44BD7D0F-1CB9-4D7B-9813-387DAAE38F9D.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I'm so incredibly sorry for your loss. I couldn't even begin to imagine your pain. We all grieve differently and I think some people forget this - I'd of been the same as you, I wouldn't even be able to function properly if anything happened to my daughter. X

• Heart
Also Ashley is Caribbean, in our funerals we cry at the church then we dance, drink, sing, and share stories. Regardless of age, this is a part of our grieving process. If it’s different in your culture and you’ve been taught to be more reserved in these situations that’s absolutely fine, but you shouldn’t comment on what other cultures choose to do :/

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Also Ashley is Caribbean, in our funerals we cry at the church then we dance, drink, sing, and share stories. Regardless of age, this is a part of our grieving process. If it’s different in your culture and you’ve been taught to be more reserved in these situations that’s absolutely fine, but you shouldn’t comment on what other cultures choose to do :/
I know there are all different cultures and others grieve differently but that was something else entirely! Especially with the social distancing rules in place.

Reactions: 11
Clearly we all a difference of opinion when it comes to Ash.

I personally think what they went through and are still going through as a family is awful. Truly horrific. I donated to the go fund me and I’m happy for them to use that money in any way they can to help them through this. Was the funeral to my taste? No but it’s not for me to judge. I’m glad they are setting up the foundation it’s a fitting tribute to their daughter and hopefully it’s the start of a legacy where they can build up to help lots more children like baby A.
The issue I have is that Ashley is trying to be some kind of Messiah, the bike ride has been all about him. No mention of poorly children at all. Then there are all these crazies that ARE profiting off of baby A’s death, it’s sickening and I don’t like it. I think Ashley and Saf have allowed these people do this whereas I would have nipped it in the bud early. They have been encouraging it almost.
They are very lucky to be in the position they are because any normal working family would of had to have gone back to work by now whilst still grieving.

Reactions: 15
I do apologies but I didn’t see your post when I commented.

Reactions: 1
Coming from a Caribbean culture, I understand that our funerals can look different to other cultures. Still felt a bit off watching Ashley breakdance and cheer on his mate doing back flips though. It was way OTT and Saf didn’t want to dance anyway. The whole thing has been OTT. A lot of what I’ve seen feels showy, and not genuine in my opinion. When I saw them documenting a child bleeding from the eyes, with bruises. And then, Saf singing into the camera “Whitney Houston’s, when you believe” not to mention the “filter” she put on the video too. I despised them BOTH. Making sure I had a filter on my IG video, and filming my child bleeding is the last bleeping thing I’d want to do. It was so bizarre. But, I have since warmed to Saf; she is very naive though. And I can empathise with the way she is, because I know how being with an abusive man can really change you. You look back when you are out of it, and question why you were acting the way you did. Don’t need anyone to come after me about my opinion about Ashley. You can try it, but you won’t win 😂. Too much evidence to say otherwise. He is a raging narcissist in plain sight, and nothing will change my opinion on that.

Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.