Argument with boyfriend- advice needed please

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is getting a bit a high school.
Is it really necessary to make fun of her and her situation 😕

Reactions: 46
For me, too many times people come on here with the most ridiculous stories that I just don't believe it 🤷‍♀️ maybe that makes me harsh but really, swear it is just the same person on different accounts

• Heart
Reactions: 6
If this situation is genuine, it seems unfair to take the Micky out of this girls situation - strong opinions and solid advice yes - taking the piss no. Having said that, I feel like the OP has gone way too far in explaining herself - OP - it's like you're trying to convince yourself it's normal when you know deep down it isn't. Using the ex as an excuse...Break away from it - you will feel better for it in the long run!

Reactions: 10
This is getting a bit a high school.
Is it really necessary to make fun of her and her situation 😕
Agree. Seems like people really enjoy coming on threads like these to be crappy to strangers asking for advice under the guise of "just telling it like it is".

OP, you don't owe anyone here an update on your weekend or your relationship. I'm currently watching friends who are 2 years post-breakup, with kids involved, and it's still not easy to navigate. I hope it goes well for you.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Wow this thread got cruel, real quick.

OP, I hope you have a lovely birthday weekend. In my opinion, the fact that he binned off his work thing and decided your birthday was more important shows there is real potential here. That said, I do think you should accept petrol money from him, after all you are the one driving to him. My bf and I used to do this - he did the 6 hour total journey to see me and paid for all transport, I paid for our food for the weekend. Sometimes he paid for transport and food, sometimes I did the journey to him. It’s all and take

I understand you don’t want to bring him to your home which you share with your ex. Have you considered a fun day out for you all? Maybe to the zoo, the park etc. He can meet them in a relaxed setting, without the pressure or feeling that it’s your ex’s house.

best of luck x

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I can assure you all I don’t have another account and post other relationship stories. This is my first time posting under this category - usually I stick to reading and commenting on a few instagrammers threads.

We split the cost of food/drinks fairly equally. Generally if I go to his place he’ll pay for all of the food over the weekend. If we go out for food or out somewhere we normally split it.

Maybe I will start accepting the petrol money, it just seemed wrong of me to take it but it would help me. I’ll think about it.

thank you to those who have tried to be helpful

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I can assure you all I don’t have another account and post other relationship stories. This is my first time posting under this category - usually I stick to reading and commenting on a few instagrammers threads.

We split the cost of food/drinks fairly equally. Generally if I go to his place he’ll pay for all of the food over the weekend. If we go out for food or out somewhere we normally split it.

Maybe I will start accepting the petrol money, it just seemed wrong of me to take it but it would help me. I’ll think about it.

I think you should take the petrol money. He doesn’t have kids he needs to feed and you do. Plus you are making the journey to him

Reactions: 5

It might make it easier to start with those things like petrol money etc, rather it all changing at once when the house stuff is sorted out. I think you're smart to protect yourself and your kids within this situation, as you've said yourself, you've had experiences of these situations and it can be a difficult experience and adjustment for children.

I hope you both have a lovely weekend when it comes. P.s. Next time he wants to stay in to watch the F1, use his own words against him of how it's selfish and childish 😂

Reactions: 4
I understand the OP’s point of view completely regarding the petrol money… to me it would feel a bit cringe to accept cash for fuel, I imagine when she’s at his she uses his shower gel, coffee, food and electricity, should he be billing for that?

Reactions: 11
Can we have an update ? Quite invested in this at the time and it brought some interesting comments

Reactions: 8
I forgot! Sorry!

the weekend was honestly amazing and we had a brilliant time, even booked another trip away together for after Xmas. I also met his family for the first time

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
I forgot! Sorry!

the weekend was honestly amazing and we had a brilliant time, even booked another trip away together for after Xmas. I also met his family for the first time
Not sure why you got a laughing reaction to this - it’s nice to hear it all went well 😊

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Not sure why you got a laughing reaction to this - it’s nice to hear it all went well 😊
Thank you. I think it’s because someone left a sarky comment in response to it and either they deleted it or mods deleted it - not sure 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Thank you. I think it’s because someone left a sarky comment in response to it and either they deleted it or mods deleted it - not sure 🤷‍♀️
I literally just read this whole thread rn, and am glad you had a good time together! Don't know why some people were getting so nasty/rude, was a bit weird to see but just ignore them. Hope everything works out nicely with your other half and have a great Christmas!

• Haha
Reactions: 12