Anyone on the skinny jab/ pen?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How long have you been using it? I’ve been on it almost 2 weeks only went up to 1.2 today just to see if anything different happened but honestly haven’t felt hungry in fact sometimes I’m forcing myself to eat…I also think because I don’t have an appetite I can’t make my mind up what to eat so I walk out the kitchen and return later…I’m doing a monthly weigh in but can feel clothes are looser…I’ve drank alcohol and been absolutely fine also.
I started on the 27th August and felt the effects from day one, I went out for dinner that night and could only manage a starter. I don't really want to go up to 1.6 permanently just yet (mostly as that's where it gets starts to get expensive 😬).

Reactions: 1
Nikkinoo,
Can you remember when you started back in May on day one how did it take for the Saxenda to kick in? I’m not feeling anything. I’m still able to eat my meals and a small snack in between. I do eat healthy but it’s the snacking that gets me.

Hi,
Did you get sorted? Im in Ireland and received a delivery today from a different UK clinic
Uuum I think 2 / 3 days in I really felt it. I'm up to 1.8 now as it did start losing its umph but I swear best thing I did was start on saxenda

Hey all - a little recap and warning from me….

I used 2 pens but stayed on the lowest dose the whole time as couldn’t power through the nausea and feeling unwell at a higher dose. I lost about a stone ish and stopped the jabs about a month ish ago.
I have regained most of that weight despite my best intentions, I just couldn’t manage to stick to such reduced calories as felt starving and empty all the time. My sweet tooth also came back with a vengeance once I stopped the jabs.
I am still eating smaller portions of main meals and things but once you stop the jabs it real is hard ladies!!
[/QUOTE
Uuum I think 2 / 3 days in I really felt it. I'm up to 1.8 now as it did start losing its umph but I swear best thing I did was start on saxenda
Good morning, I dream of having your success.🤞 I also drink wine, too much most of the time so reading that you don’t craze booze anymore is giving me great hope. I’m on day 2 now, still not feeling anything. But asked my husband to bring home a bottle for me last night and I didn’t touch it. Please long May that last! I’ve never been so fat at 15 stone, I’m 5ft 6, 41 years old and starting to develop other health issues due to the weight. Took my dose at 7am, going to eat breakfast now which I keep putting off 🤔 but I’m hungry now so here goes. I’ve done everything in the universe to lose weight in the past except for surgery, you name it I’ve done it from cabbage soup to Dr Mayr. I’ve dropped to 8stone in the past. It’s a constant rollercoaster ruining my life. Here goes.. xx

Reactions: 3
Haven't weighed myself this week because I know I'll either have gained weight or not lost any 😐
I'm only getting that full feeling a few days a week now and can eat pretty normally most days. I did over eat Wednesday without realising it and felt so full and sick I could have cried. I'm also getting hungry again much quicker.
Dose wise I've been doing 0.6 plus a few extra clicks some days. I don't know where to go up to 1.2 permanently or have a few days off and start again.
Go up. The instructions are pretty clear about increasing the dose up to 3mg. So rather than having a few days off (which is not encouraged) increase it

Good morning, I dream of having your success.🤞 I also drink wine, too much most of the time so reading that you don’t craze booze anymore is giving me great hope. I’m on day 2 now, still not feeling anything. But asked my husband to bring home a bottle for me last night and I didn’t touch it. Please long May that last! I’ve never been so fat at 15 stone, I’m 5ft 6, 41 years old and starting to develop other health issues due to the weight. Took my dose at 7am, going to eat breakfast now which I keep putting off 🤔 but I’m hungry now so here goes. I’ve done everything in the universe to lose weight in the past except for surgery, you name it I’ve done it from cabbage soup to Dr Mayr. I’ve dropped to 8stone in the past. It’s a constant rollercoaster ruining my life. Here goes.. xx
Good luck sweetheart 💓 keep us informed and if you need a listening ear you know where we are xx

Reactions: 2
How long have you been using it? I’ve been on it almost 2 weeks only went up to 1.2 today just to see if anything different happened but honestly haven’t felt hungry in fact sometimes I’m forcing myself to eat…I also think because I don’t have an appetite I can’t make my mind up what to eat so I walk out the kitchen and return later…I’m doing a monthly weigh in but can feel clothes are looser…I’ve drank alcohol and been absolutely fine also.
Everyone reacts to things differently don't they. I usually have a small breakfast ( only to line my stomach as I take tablets) soup for lunch , fruit to snack and protein and veg dinner. At 1st I was forcing it but it has eased up a bit. I'm no way eating like I used to and just a steady loss is good enough for me.

Hello. I’m a week in. I was wondering if anyone was combining this with keto / low carb? I’ve googled but I can’t see anything much

I lost 3 stone on keto last year, very easily. I eased up over lockdown and have regained one of those stones. Now I’m desperately trying to get back into keto but have NO willpower which is what is needed for the first few weeks. My plan is to use the jab until I’m well back into the keto way of life then ease off. I didn’t ever feel hungry when eating v low carb. It’s just hard work getting there!

Hello. I’m a week in. I was wondering if anyone was combining this with keto / low carb? I’ve googled but I can’t see anything much

I lost 3 stone on keto last year, very easily. I eased up over lockdown and have regained one of those stones. Now I’m desperately trying to get back into keto but have NO willpower which is what is needed for the first few weeks. My plan is to use the jab until I’m well back into the keto way of life then ease off. I didn’t ever feel hungry when eating v low carb. It’s just hard work getting there!
Hi,
I’m on day 3, how are you finding it? I’m still waiting for the fullness to kick in, thankfully it is kicking in for the evening which is my high risk pig out time. You have some will power attempting both. I used to do Keto but developed an allergy to casen in dairy. Not that I’d know only being on day 3 but why not stop the diet and just go with the pen? Reading how it went for others you won’t want to eat much, keto can be high fat and I’ve read a few posts on here after eating high fat they didn’t feel to well. But I’m interested in anything that helps aid weight loss. I felt very full on keto but I did miss carbs especially alcohol. For now I’m loving eating absolutely anything I want in smaller portions using the Saxenda. 🤞🤞🤞it works. I’m not stepping on the scales until Saturday. Amazing to lose 3 stone, I remember the mighty energy I had on Keto the 1st time I did it but having tried early this year I couldn’t stick more than 3 weeks, I have cases of half and half that I had delivered from the states now collecting dust! I’ll give them away but then my diet secret is out😊

I’m at 8 weeks (I think) and on the full dose now.

17 lbs gone so far.

I looked out jeans, some with tags on, that have been too tight in the past, ready for me to shrink into!

👋🏻 Found out about Saxenda via this thread and started taking it yesterday. Really hoping for results as it’s taken me over 4 months to lose just 6lb! I have previously done keto which worked great but needs a lot of food prep time, which I just don’t have these days. I also have very little free time to exercise, but am doing bootcamp roughly 2x a week if I can.

Goal is to lose 1st to begin with, then a further 10lb for my goal weight, but tbh I’ll be over the moon to shift this lockdown stone!

it’s inspiring to hear all your success stories!

I’ve just started the skinny jab on Friday. I’m hoping to lose 5 stone altogether. I’ve not had any sickness or anything yet!

Reactions: 3
I mentioned Saxenda to my doctor, as I’ve been following this thread for a while now. He didn’t seem that impressed by it and said that you only get a little weight loss with it as it’s technically a drug used to treat diabetes. I’m guessing this is why most of you get yours on a private prescription. I’m very impressed to read about all your weight losses. I need to lose about six stones, but have absolutely no willpower. I W ish I had loads of money so I could do an Adele. I’m surprised that she hasn’t come out and publicly said that she’s had surgical help to lose weight, along with a few nips and tucks too.

I mentioned Saxenda to my doctor, as I’ve been following this thread for a while now. He didn’t seem that impressed by it and said that you only get a little weight loss with it as it’s technically a drug used to treat diabetes. I’m guessing this is why most of you get yours on a private prescription. I’m very impressed to read about all your weight losses. I need to lose about six stones, but have absolutely no willpower. I W ish I had loads of money so I could do an Adele. I’m surprised that she hasn’t come out and publicly said that she’s had surgical help to lose weight, along with a few nips and tucks too.
I’ve been on it 3 weeks and I reckon I’ve lost 10 pounds which I haven’t been able to do for at least 5 years on diets etc just wondering what the doc suggested for you to try ?

Hi guys. This has been asked a few times now but where is the best place to purchase from? Initially as I haven’t used it before I don’t want to spend a fortune, just want to see how I get on to start with. Thanks in advance :)

Hi guys. This has been asked a few times now but where is the best place to purchase from? Initially as I haven’t used it before I don’t want to spend a fortune, just want to see how I get on to start with. Thanks in advance :)
I got mine from the London slimming clinic my first pen was £60 ish incl postage you get 21 needles plus a sharps bin.

I think mine was £51 from simple online pharmacy. Some offer discount codes too so defo check if there is one, the money is better in your pocket 🙂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.