Anyone on the skinny jab/ pen?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
After MONTHS of deliberating I decided to give this a go....I started on Thursday 15stone 4lbs which im ashamed to admit 😔 , today Sunday 14 stone 9lbs 😲 although on Friday I felt a bit nauseous, there have been no other side effects ( to date).
Has anyone else used this and what were your experiences

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Wow that's a huge amount to lose in such a short time. I'm curious to see replies because I've been so tempted by this , I can't now as I'm expecting but will watch with interest.

Reactions: 2
Is this short term or do you have to do it forever?

If it’s short term then how do you manage potential weight gain once the jabs are finished as I’m assuming these won’t change the relationship with food that led to the initial weight gain in
the first place?

OP I obviously don’t know your health background or history but as a nutritionist I do find these kind of solutions similar to ‘fad’ diets. They don’t seem sustainable long term but I am intrigued to see people’s reasons for trying these methods :) did you feel as though this was a last resort and traditional weight loss methods weren’t working for you anymore?

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I used them for 6 weeks and lost hardly anything, my start weight was 13st 12lb and i gave up at 13st 6lb.

I felt constantly sick and couldn’t manage to eat anything. For me it was a huge waste of money and i wish i hadn’t bothered.

I’m not trying to put anyone off as we are all different but it wasn’t the quick fix i expected it to be.

If it’s short term then how do you manage potential weight gain once the jabs are finished as I’m assuming these won’t change the relationship with food that led to the initial weight gain in
the first place?

OP I obviously don’t know your health background or history but as a nutritionist I do find these kind of solutions similar to ‘fad’ diets. They don’t seem sustainable long term but I am intrigued to see people’s reasons for trying these methods :) did you feel as though this was a last resort and traditional weight loss methods weren’t working for you anymore?
I wanted a short term loss to be able to start fertility treatment

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Please tell me you’re not serious?

You lose weight by eating less/differently, and/or moving more to put yourself in a calorie deficit.

Stuff like this may or may not help - but even so, it can’t be good for you and it certainly isn’t sustainable.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 53
I would do it if it wasn't an injection, maybe a tablet but it does look like it has good results. I would be concerned though that associating eating with constantly feeling sick could lead to an ED.

Reactions: 5
Yes started Oct 2020 15st. Now 12st 12lbs. Still on it. No longer pre diabetic and feeling great. I no longer eat a full plate like before. Same diet/food but smaller amounts. Thumbs up from me

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
Yes started Oct 2020 15st. Now 12st 12lbs. Still on it. No longer pre diabetic and feeling great. I no longer eat a full plate like before. Same diet/food but smaller amounts. Thumbs up from me
So if 1 pen is £75, how long does this last?

Reactions: 2
Please tell me you’re not serious?

You lose weight by eating less/differently, and/or moving more to put yourself in a calorie deficit.

Stuff like this may or may not help - but even so, it can’t be good for you and it certainly isn’t sustainable.
Seriously, some people have a food and eating addiction. Some people use food as comfort. If it were as easy as eating less and moving more, sure nobody would be obese. Would you tell a heroin addict to just stop taking heroin? It's not that black and white for some.

• Heart
Reactions: 107
Seriously, some people have a food and eating addiction. Some people use food as comfort. If it were as easy as eating less and moving more, sure nobody would be obese. Would you tell a heroin addict to just stop taking heroin? It's not that black and white for some.
It’s not, I’ve always struggled with my weight and binge eating but I’m always skeptical of things like this as it’s not something that can be sustained long term. Perhaps if it’s used whilst also trying to work on the relationship with food it can be helpful but if once you stop using it that hasn’t changed you can end up back where you started which can leave a lot of people feeling even worse.

Reactions: 14
Really intrigued by this, don’t think I would try it myself but where do you have to inject it? Seems like it’s just an appetite suppressant is that right?

Reactions: 1
Really intrigued by this, don’t think I would try it myself but where do you have to inject it? Seems like it’s just an appetite suppressant is that right?
I think originally it was developed to help people with diabetes but essentially its a suppresant.

You inject it into your thigh

https://webmedpharmacy.co.uk/blog/saxenda-medication-for-weight-loss

Think this might be skinny jabs. looks like an appetite suppressant...
That is it exactly.... it was initially developed for diabetics but they discovered the magic weight loss side effects
Apparently the chemical/ drug effect mimics what your brain tells you when you are full to a 97% accuracy. I can honestly say I am having to make myself eat
You start on a low dose 0.6mg and inject ( tiny tiny needle) like an epi pen and increase the dose week on week
I paid £52 for the pen which will last 3 weeks to a month
I can keep you all updated with my progress but as it stands after 3 days I'm super impressed 👌

the first place?

Exactly, I'm not a binge eater, nor am I a bad eater, I'm 52 and had a hysterectomy 7 years ago and since then my weight has gradually increased despite exercise specifically walking . I'm not lazy on the contrary. It's not to everyone's taste but if it gets some weight off I will feel better mentally and physically

I used them for 6 weeks and lost hardly anything, my start weight was 13st 12lb and i gave up at 13st 6lb.

I felt constantly sick and couldn’t manage to eat anything. For me it was a huge waste of money and i wish i hadn’t bothered.

I’m not trying to put anyone off as we are all different but it wasn’t the quick fix i expected it to be.

I wanted a short term loss to be able to start fertility treatment
I hope you acheive your treatment xxx

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
That is it exactly.... it was initially developed for diabetics but they discovered the magic weight loss side effects
Apparently the chemical/ drug effect mimics what your brain tells you when you are full to a 97% accuracy. I can honestly say I am having to make myself eat
You start on a low dose 0.6mg and inject ( tiny tiny needle) like an epi pen and increase the dose week on week
I paid £52 for the pen which will last 3 weeks to a month
I can keep you all updated with my progress but as it stands after 3 days I'm super impressed 👌

Exactly, I'm not a binge eater, nor am I a bad eater, I'm 52 and had a hysterectomy 7 years ago and since then my weight has gradually increased despite exercise specifically walking . I'm not lazy on the contrary. It's not to everyone's taste but if it gets some weight off I will feel better mentally and physically

I hope you acheive your treatment xxx
Thank you 🥰

I’m glad the pen is working for you, i wish i’d been able to keep up with it but i couldn’t get past the sickness.

It will get more expensive once you reach 3mg though but if you are doing well on the lower dosage you could maybe stick with that?

Reactions: 4
Thank you 🥰

I’m glad the pen is working for you, i wish i’d been able to keep up with it but i couldn’t get past the sickness.

It will get more expensive once you reach 3mg though but if you are doing well on the lower dosage you could maybe stick with that?

Yes my sister has done exactly that and stayed on the lower dose. So provided I continue as I am I will do the same x

No. I’d tell them to get professional help.

My sister is a recovered bulimic, I know how life changing getting the right help can be. I’d recommend people address the cause of their relationship with food, not inject themselves with god knows what. The likelihood is that when they stop taking the injections their food issues will still be there... I recommend addressing the cause not the symptoms.

• Angry
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.